“Good but not outstanding”
Review of Rao's

Rao's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rao's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 5,049 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate at the bar late on a Friday. Good conversation with the bartender and those around us. The food was good, but no better than a Macaroni Grill or similar. Having said that, I would eat there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We live in New Jersey, probably 10 minutes from Raos's in Harlem NYC. You can not get in ; only 10 tables or so, and they "belong" to steady celebrity customers. I happen to know of two people who did go and was always told the food was nothing special. You go because you "got in" because you knew someone. You know, when someone says you can't get in, and then you have the opportunity to get in, it's like WOW! So we are in Vegas, & decide to go to Rao's. Beautifully decorated restaurant. We moved from hard backed pew -like seating to a table by the bar. I wanted the seafood salad as I saw it on the TV and it was chock full of lobster and crab. It also comes with huge shrimp & calamari. Not ours! Zero lobster & a pinky nail of crab!!. Medium shrimp cut longways. Just a lot of calamari. I love calamari, but I expected what I saw on TV. The waiter apologized & whisked it away. The lemon chicken on the bone is the signature dish. It was juicy as we hoped but so lemony it overpowered the dish. We love chicken, buy it fresh at a local poultry , and my wife cooks gourmet. the chicken was just over the top. You know, less is more many times. I had the chicken scarpariello. paltry tiny pieces of chicken with commercially bought sausage (I asked the waiter). I make my own sausage; there's was nothing special. Who knows what goes in it. REALLY disappointing , but I sort of expected it , but hoped for the best. Only go to say you went, but anybody can get in here. EXPENSIVE!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a last minute restaurant choice and it couldn't have been better. I had the pork chop, it was huge and the flavor was incredible. My wife had the ravioli with the pears, it was almost better than my pork chop. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a drink at their bar, three nights in a row, this is really a quiet, hidden gem in Caesars. Since it's a little out of the main casino traffic, it was never crowded, or noisy. On the third night, we had a dinner reservation, for our anniversary. We split the roasted beet salad, which was excellent, and plenty for two people. For our second course, we ordered Penne vodka, and one order of meatballs. The pasta was perfectly cooked, and the sauce was excellent. The meatballs were light, and very tasty, not to mention huge. For our entree, we split a veal milanese. This dish is problematic, in that some places can't get the veal pounded thin, and others pound it so thin that all you taste is breading. Rao's executed this dish perfectly, light crisp breading, that adhered to the steak, and just the right thickness. This was the best I've had in some time. We received a complementary desert for our anniversary, a light, perfect Tiramisu. I'd go back anytime were in Caesars.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rao's was an amazing italian restaurant. We went on a busy night and the restaurant was very noisy. That being said, the food more than made up for the noise. We had the caesar salad (which you can split because it's big enough for 2), the unstuffed shells and the house ravoli special (which was filled with spinach, sage and cheese). All pastas are homemade and the sauce was delicious. We also shared a side of their famous meatballs which were the size of softballs (2 per order). They were the best meatballs i've ever had. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert.

Been to Rao's? Share your experiences!