“Is This a Marriott?!”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort - Spa Aquae
Ranked #19 of 151 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: In the midst of a stressful world, Spa Aquae serves as a special retreat for healing and renewal; a rebirth, or renaissance, of your inner-self. Discover this oasis of rejuvenation far above the noise and excitement of the Las Vegas Strip.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We couldn't wait to leave! Although we requested the Spa Tower, we were given a room at the end of the hall on the the 5th floor of the Palms Tower. I called the front desk. After 15 minutes, they found a room in the Spa Tower. I took the van with our luggage back to the Spa Tower and tipped the Bellmen for the second time. Unfortunately, this made me late for a reception but it was worth it. The rooms are large, clean and dated. The Spa Tower is more conveniently located even though you could still smell smoke in the hall on the 6th floor:( The food is not good on property:( Eat out. The Spa :( Although the facilities are OK, everything about the experience was substandard. I spent more than $160. for a 80 minute GREAT massage with Trisha. I highly recommend her. Unfortunately, getting a robe and flip flops that fit was quite difficult. The attendant in the Ladies Locker Room was perpetually absent. The sign on the desk says she will be right back but that is NOT the case. After tracking down an attendant, I was given flip flops that were 2 sizes too big and a robe that must have been a petit XS. I wear a size 12. I tried to change the robe myself (no attendant present) but they were all jammed in on a rack in a closet and I wasn't sure what to select. A spa service provider came by and got me a pair of flip flops that fit:) Finally, Daneen, the attendant arrived. She gave me a larger robe which was big enough for 2 or 3 people. I found her again and asked for a Ladies large. I was given a 2X and told it would fit. As I walked away, Daneen was moaning, "Jeeez!" to the next waiting client. Rude! As we waited on 2 rows of chairs facing each other, Daneen called out "Linda, Linda, Linda." No response. Then "Or Karen". I rose and followed her to the elevator. We rode the elevator to the Relaxation Room. She stood with her back to me and never spoke. Rude! When she deposited me in the Relaxation Room, I said "Thank You". She departed with no response. Rude! The next woman Daneen deposited in the Relaxation Room said "Thank you" and, this time, Daneen said, "You're Welcome". Apparently, she was annoyed that I wanted a robe and flip flops that fit. The Dry Sauna was barely on. The Steam Sauna was fine. The Waterfall Shower water was barely warm and not a comfortable at all. Finally, there were no razors available to shave your legs. Again, no attendant in sight, so I went back to my room to shower. Marriott, what is going on here?! The whole resort stinks of smoke. Ventilation is non-existent. After discussing my experience with other conference attendees, I discovered that all but one received robes that did not fit. In addition, I spoke to a local who was using the spa. She said she never gets a robe that fits because they are all one size. Clearly, this is not the case. Amazing what people will tolerate! My husband and I were VERY disappointed in this property and DO NOT RECOMMEND.

1  Thank KPVB2000

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Just left front desk second day in a row no concierge on duty. Asked for a good high end steak house in the area. Not sure let me ask someone. Really? Another person returns with a list and suggested Brio. ???? I saw Flemings on the list and asked if they are open on Sunday. Reply ...oh I am sure, the phone number is listed. YOU CAN CALL THEM. I am sorry is this a Courtyard. Now in my room and no area code listed on the handout. Room is comfortable but very dated I have a few of a roof top. I stay with Marriott just about seventy nights a year I am not impressed with the service or the room upgrade and I am being nice. Step it up JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort and Spa.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

my wife and i thought we'd spend the end of our trip off the strip for the last couple of days for our stay in vegas. It is really for semi retired or retired folks but very clean nice place. Staff could be a bit more attentive when you ask for stuff. Lots of walking to get to different areas of the resort. Pool is lots of fun.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had some friends treat us to a spa day at the JW Marriott. We arrived about an hour early to our appointment and I'm glad we were. It was amazing just to relax in the sauna, hot tub and pool before our massage.

I forget the name of the attendant in the mens area but he was very accommodating. He even went to Starbucks to get Vanilla Lattes. "If there was anything els" He said to let him know! I was impressed!

The massage was done by Trish = AMAZING! She was able to read my body like a book. Applying just the right amount of pressure right at the rights spots.
I'm not the type to get a massage but I'm going to make it a point to get one at less once a month now from Trish. I felt very comfortable and relaxed.

In total we stayed 3 hours including the massage. One hour before the massage and one hour after the massage, it was perfect.

Thank you for an amazing day!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved, loved, loved the spa treatment. I took my husband this was his first time getting a massage, we had the couples massage. It was about $150 each. First of all, the hotel was beautiful, so we already felt like VIP walking in. We were lost and so we arrived about 15 minutes late, they were able to move our services to an hour later. We were so greatful for that. My husband and I split up so that we could change into our robes, while waiting I soaked my feet in the hot tub. I finally was escorted upstairs to a waiting area where my husband finally joined me. We met our massage technichians and they gave us both wonderful Swedish massages. It felt so good, I heard my husband snoring. 50 minutes went by so fast, after that we took a shower and met up again. Another highlight of our Las Vegas anniversary trip. Highly recommend this spa!!!