“Loved the Rooms, Breakfast and Nice Service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway
Ranked #169 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas
“Loved the Rooms, Breakfast and Nice Service”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

One of the Best Hotels to Stay, Good Spacious Rooms, Newly built and Good View of the Strip from the Windows

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank tanuj_arneja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This is a fairly new HIE located away from the Strip, but close enough to drive to the Strip easily. And the price isn't bad for Vegas.

The room was pretty average --- clean, everything fine except lighting which was only Fair. Same with the bathroom --- all OK except for the Fair/dim lighting. Since the place was fairly new, it was neat and clean, and security was good. Reception staff was Very Good --- friendly and helpful.

We did have three negatives about this hotel: the AC was noisy, the WiFi reception was poor, and the lobby coffee in the early morning was old and cold. We look for coffee available and maintained in the lobby 24/7, especially since we're usually up and about at 5 AM,. and most of the chain hotels are very good about this (we never use the in-room coffee pot because we once saw a maid at another hotel rinsing the coffee pot out using a used wash cloth and hand towel, and it occurred to us that this is probably standard practice...)

Overall, using our own 1-5 rating scale, we give this hotel a 2.9 (Good/Average)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor lighting, old/cold lobby coffee
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RouteRunner
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express July 4 & 5 2008. It was wonderful. Upon arrival they gave us a box of chocolates as I am a Priority Club member. There was also always a bowl of fresh apples at the reception desk all the time. At night, they put out individually wrapped freshly baked cookies at the front desk. The room was immaculate; the hotel is quite new. The bed was extremely comfortable. They serve complimentary continental breakfast every morning in a beautiful dining area adjacent to the lobby. Breakfast includes some hot items like cheese omelets and French toast. There is a large Plasma TV in the breakfast room. There is a complimentary shuttle that will pick you up and take you back to the airport. The shuttle will also take you to the Strip and pick you up for free. We drove our car from Los Angeles, so we didn't use this service. The front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. There are two computers adjacent to the breakfast room with free internet access 24/7. If you have your own laptop -- I don't -- there is free interenet access in your room 24/7. We used Priority Club points, 15,000 per night -- to "pay" for the room. So for us all this was FREE.

It is about a 6 min drive to the Strip from the hotel. While the Strip is noisy and crowded, the Holiday Inn Express is quiet, serene and relaxing. They also have a small no-frills outdoor pool and jacuzzi, and a small fitness room with a few state of the art machines.

With the money we saved on the hotel and breakfast each morning, we got tickets to see Bette Midler at Ceasars. She was fantastic!! She got 2 standing ovations, had me laughing at her banter and crying when she sang her famous ballads, "Wind Beneath My Wings," and "The Rose."

Also, there is a great Chinese restaurant called Grand China just up the road from the hotel. It is one of a chain in Vegas. The food is excellent and reasonably priced.. We paid about $17 for lunch for two.

Also, because I am a Priority Club member, I called and asked for a complimentary upgrade. They upgraded us to an "Executive Suite" which had a separate sofa/seating area, a microwave and small fridge. Also had in-room coffe, which we didn't use because there was complimentary freshly brewed coffee available all day in the dining area.

Loved this place. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2004, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kosh
Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I had read on tripadvisor that this was a good place to stay in Las Vegas, and I wasn't disappointed. My top priority is that the place I stay is clean, and my room was very clean. My room was large and spacious with a desk and desk chair in addition to the usual motel furniture. The entire motel was non-smoking which I really appreciated. I also chose this motel because I could park my own car (instead of valet parking), the refrigerator in the room, and free wireless Internet in my room. The price for the room was below what other places with such amenities would cost. The service from the front desk was excellent and there were no hidden fees. I just had to pay the agreed upon rate for the room and tax. I would certainly recommend this motel to others. (I should say that I am a Priority Club member.)

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank ProfessorCanada
Boise, ID
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Very nice place to stay. Clean rooms, fairly new. We're picky and would definitely stay there again. Several restaurants within a block or two.

• Liked — New, clean.
  • Disliked — Parking is away from building.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RnL
Kewanee IL
Reviewed February 7, 2008

We were pleasantly surprised at the upscale decore. The room was very nice, the bed comfortable. Even a rain showerhead! And just a skip from an exceptionally tasty restaurant with reasonable prices.(Blackjack Lodge)! We arrived totally exhausted from our long flight from Maui, so weren't interested in more than rest and relaxation, thus I can't comment on the convenience of the strip, but if you are looking for exceptional value, a friendly staff , and comfortable, attractive surroundings THIS IS THE PLACE!
The internet worked well, the FREE breakfast although *slightly* limited, was very tasty, and appreciated the shuttle to the airport. They even gave us a 2 hour late check out with no extra charge when we requested it because of our flight times. I have been treated with less consideration by much more expensive establishments. Will I stay here again? Absolutely! Will I recommend it to other travelers passing through? A resounding YES! We were very happy with the service and accomodations provided here.

• Liked — shuttle to airport, free internet, free breakfast, friendly staff, esthetics
  • Disliked — no negative comments
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mrsmas
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We just used this hotel for one of our regional company meetings. The entire experience was wonderful; from the first phone call the check out, we loved it. We use Holiday Inn's across the country for these but this has been the best hands down. The staff went out of their way to help us. We had an account manager change in the middle of the process but the new rep contacted us immediately with all her contact info. When we went to view the meeting room the night before it was set up wrong but within 1 hour it was corrected with out complaint or having to hassle anyone. We were very pleased with this hotel and I would stay there for personal as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable. (I'm a germaphobe so for me to say that means A LOT!) I was entirely comfortable in this hotel. THANK YOU TO THE STAFF!!

• Liked — Everything from the friendliness of the staff to the accomodations.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business