“Best damn hotel off the strip”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #32 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“Best damn hotel off the strip”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Contrary to the reviews I have seen on this property, I stayed there 7 days from June 12-19, 2010.

I had a one bedroom suite with a jacuzzi, a shower/sauna, full kitchen, living room and bedroom with king size bed.

The hotel is spectacular and I would recommend it to anyone.

It is a part of my timeshare so I decided to stay here instead of Planet Hollywood. I am so glad I did. It is within close proximity of the strip and all the stores.

2 Thank Waymonlhall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
South River, NJ
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Tahiti Village is for those who want to be on the strip but away from all the hustle & bustle. The resort offered a free shuttle to New York New York the week we were there, but will offer an added stop or two, going further down the strip starting the week of 6/21/2010. Our room was a decent size. Good size bathroom but had no counter space near the sink. We were a bit upset about the view from our bedroom...the back of the resort, open lots, parking deck, and the rental car place. But it was no big deal. We weren't spending much time in the room anyway. The bed was a bit hard for my taste but the pillows were fantastic. The kitchen area was fine. We really liked the pool area. The pool was a good size and kept clean. It was open early (8am) and stayed open late (10pm) during the week. The hot tub was nice and open 24/7 !!! How great is that? The lazy river was also nice, although in a different area. Tube rentals at $3 a day. The staff were all friendly especially the shuttle drivers and the gift shop employees. A great asset was having a Dennys on site. We didn't even try Tahiti Joe's since we felt it was a bit too high priced. Every thing and every place in the resort was very clean.Some say there is too much airport noise, but this is not true. You barely realize you are very near an airport. All in all a good experience at this place.

1 Thank Jerry P
Memphis
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Currently, I am staying in Tower 2 with friends. Actually, this is my second time staying at Tahiti Village and the quality, service, and courteous as a whole has declined tremendously. The first visit was with family who had a time share. We were treated very well with perks and the staff was wonderful. We were given packages to see shows as well as food coupons for buffets. However, this year has been the worst. Customer service reps are not knowledgeable of policies at Tahiti Village which causes a great deal of stress for visit. The first day at the Village we were given ten room keys for five peole and the room keys did not fit any rooms assigned. We work in on another customer and scared the mess out of his family. This was terrifying for us as well as the other guest. The clerk was clueless and stated that we could speak with a supervisor the next morning however a supervisor was on duty that day. I guess she was trying to avoid the trouble she had caused that day. She was not apologetic at all. We did not get our adjourning rooms which we paid for three months ago. We were charged 200 hundred dollars for one person. But another customer was only charge 100 a few hours later. The very same situation. I felt in some sense a huge problem. Was it race, sex, or age? I dont know that's a question that would probably be never answered. And still today there is no one in the rooms next to either of us. The manager Dan stated he was researching the matter and guess what he is still researching because tomorrow I have to go to another hotel because the Tahiit Village would not accept payment from Orbitz. for an additional day for convenience to the customer. I thought that the customer was always right. In this case the ignorance of staff and management should receive immediate training on the policy Tahiti Village and customer service and what is expected of keeping guest happy. I am very disappointed and as an eductor I will be spreading the word not to visit any of Tahiti Village establishments. They are not a business that values customers or gives a hoot about customer service. Also, any share holders I would frequent somewhere else because the perks that were given two years ago I have gone out the window. It would be a waste of time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank MemphisEducator
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Tahitti Village really made my stay rather unpleasant. I made one reservation for June 16- June 20, 2010 with Orbitz. Upon check-in, the Front Desk charged me a $200 deposit and then told me that Orbitz sent the reservation in the wrong way because I had 2 rooms. Upon standing there another guest came in with the same reservation I had (for two rooms) and they charged him $100. I asked Dan the Manager and he told me that he would look into it, needless to say I never got a response, nor was my money refunded. I asked another manager about the deposit after I asked the Front Desk clerk why she only charged him a $100 and she informed me that $100 was the correct price and she didn't know why I was charged $200. After all this, the Manager lied to me and said the other guest was charged $200 (even though I was standing right by the Guest elbow to elbow and say and heard the $100 exchange). Well, this was not all. The Resort has a 10:00am check out time and my Flight was not scheduled to leave until the following morning at 1:45 am. Orbitz offered to pay for the additional night due to a computer error and Tahitti Village refused to accept payment from Orbitz and that they wanted me to pay the additional night. Tahitti Village advised me that Orbitz's credit card was declined (mind you this is a Corporate Credit Card). Tahitti Village's Management left me at the Front Desk for 2 hours advising me that they were working on the matter (this was my vacation) and in fact they were just sitting in the back avoiding me. Orbitz continued to call Tahitti Village and Management would not come to the phone, nor return their phone calls. This went on for two days of my vacation. Well, needless to say Orbitz found me another comparable hotel and yes their credit card went through. I am leaving Tahitti Village and vow to never return. I have never been treated like this in the 37 years I have been living. I never knew businesses refused payments from someone willing to pay for an error that was made by both Businesses with no fault from the customer. My stay was not enjoyable because of the unprofessional, terrible, rude, and non customer friendly staff on Management level. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY, AND STATE OF MIND AT TAHITTI VILLAGE, 7200 LAS VEGAS BLVD.

• Stayed June 2010
6 Thank Sheashea36
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2010

After reading through some of the reviews on this and other sites I was concerned that the resort service levels would minimize our travel experience. Our entire trip was very enjoyable and the service level was great. We stayed in the fifth tower and enjoyed a great view of the lazy river and the Strip in the background. This was an ideal location if you want to enjoy the “sites” Vegas has to offer without overwhelming your children with everything that “Sin City” has to offer. We took daily excursions to Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon and Red Rock Conservation area, combined with relaxing time at the resort we and our children enjoyed our 7 day stay. We travelled with my wife’s parents so we were able to enjoy a few adult nights on the strip, while still providing our kids a great vacation.
The staff was very helpful notably Mikey at the concierge table who seems to know everybody in Vegas and can get you set up wherever you want to go.
The facilities were well maintained and the entire resort was kept very clean.

We rented a car while we were there, but on the nights that we went out we were able to get back to the resort from the strip with a cab fare of less than $20.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulV39
san diego
Reviewed June 12, 2010

What's really interesting is I wrote this first review on June 7th from our other hotel we paid for JUST so we could use the pool. The grounds are very pretty there but the pool was cloudy and very hot. After many conversations with management that went nowhere I was told the temp was 83. It was so hot that I couldn't swim laps plus I was grossed out putting my face in the murky water. My husband flat out refused to use it. We were there for 5 nights celebrating our 20th, so dissappointed with the pool. All we wanted was to check out early and get our money back. Expedia who we booked it through was no help as the management wasn't either. Our tv was also blurry. And a maid knocked on our door at 8:45 check out morning wanting to know if we were out yet. It was bad enough that the check-out time was 10 and yes you had to sign, you would pay double if you weren't out. Hey, we wanted out early and they wouldn't let us go. We would never stay there again, nor recommend it.

3 Thank beckiesandiego
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This place is amazing! While you're at the resort it doesn't don't feel like you're in Vegas (except for the heat). But it's close to the strip so you can easily get the real Vegas in no time. They have a shuttle system that runs every 30 mins to and from the strip. The one downside to the shuttle is that it stops at 1:20am. Cuts your night short. At the resort they have an amazing lazy pool with water falls. We spent hours just floating around in tubes. The happy hour at Tahiti Joe's (bar at resort) is the best deal on drinks in Vegas. $1.50 beers & $3 mixed drinks. I will be coming back to Tahiti Village over and over again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends