“Pool was so cloudy and hot, paid for a room a another hotel”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #35 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
san diego
“Pool was so cloudy and hot, paid for a room a another hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

What's really interesting is I wrote this first review on June 7th from our other hotel we paid for JUST so we could use the pool. The grounds are very pretty there but the pool was cloudy and very hot. After many conversations with management that went nowhere I was told the temp was 83. It was so hot that I couldn't swim laps plus I was grossed out putting my face in the murky water. My husband flat out refused to use it. We were there for 5 nights celebrating our 20th, so dissappointed with the pool. All we wanted was to check out early and get our money back. Expedia who we booked it through was no help as the management wasn't either. Our tv was also blurry. And a maid knocked on our door at 8:45 check out morning wanting to know if we were out yet. It was bad enough that the check-out time was 10 and yes you had to sign, you would pay double if you weren't out. Hey, we wanted out early and they wouldn't let us go. We would never stay there again, nor recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beckiesandiego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This place is amazing! While you're at the resort it doesn't don't feel like you're in Vegas (except for the heat). But it's close to the strip so you can easily get the real Vegas in no time. They have a shuttle system that runs every 30 mins to and from the strip. The one downside to the shuttle is that it stops at 1:20am. Cuts your night short. At the resort they have an amazing lazy pool with water falls. We spent hours just floating around in tubes. The happy hour at Tahiti Joe's (bar at resort) is the best deal on drinks in Vegas. $1.50 beers & $3 mixed drinks. I will be coming back to Tahiti Village over and over again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jon P
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I booked this hotel with very high hopes because of all the great reviews. I am walking away with an "it's OK" feeling.

The first thing that I found bizarre was that their check-out time is 10am. My family had hoped to hit the pool after breakfast before normal check out time of noon. They are pretty firm on that check out time as you sign upon check in that you will pay double the room rate if you check out late. That put me off a little.

Our room was spacious but we had a light out over the bar and the livingroom TV remote did not work. The reception on that TV didn't look very good either. I moved the kids into the bedroom to watch TV which was an inconvenience.

The pool areas were nice although the Lazy River was pretty "lazy". I had to keep pushing myself off to actually keep floating. We rented rafts but it looked like many people just helped themselves as there was just a big pile and the staff didn't really watch carefully.

Overall, I would rate this as an OK experience. On the plus side the staff was friendly and the property well maintained but it did fall below my expectations based on the reviews posted here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank octwinmommy
California
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at Tahiti Village from june 4th- june 7th and i had a problem with my payment. I originally booked my reservations through booking.com on May 18th gave them all my credit card info and even got my conformation number and prinrted it. With paying bills and buying stuff for the trip i never noticed that in the whole 3 weeks before my stay the payment never came out. At check in everthing was fine they took a 100 deposit and i stayed for 3 nights. Now just remember i booked my room 3 weeks prior to my stay and nobody bothered to contact me about the non payment, also nobody contacted me during my 3 night stay. Well when i went to check out they said i owed them money for my stay, mind you i'm in Las Vegas and i did lose alot of money gambling. I told the manager i never knew the payment didn't come out and that i lost money during my stay. She was very rude and very unprofessional and told me to stop trying to get away with a free room. I explained to her that i booked 3 weeks prior and why didn't somone contact me before my stay, and if payment wasn't accepted why was i allowed to check in and stay my 3 nights. She said they didn't want to bother me. So she used my credit card on file for payment and i went negative in my account and had to pay 2 overdraft fees.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thtfatkid
dloera, Manager at Tahiti Village, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the room charge may have caused. We work with several online travel agents with diverse booking processing requirements. Several online travel agents request we charge the guest at the time of booking, others request we charge the guest within a specific amount of hours prior to arrival, others request we do so at check-out, and the majority of online travel agents charge the guest themselves at time of booking. We strongly encourage our guests to review the booking processing policy stated in the majority of online travel agent sites or booking confirmations. Also keep in mind any special booking requests you may have submitted at the time of booking. We will always do our best to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay at the Tahiti Village Resort & Spa.
Ventura, California
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Hotel is great. Perfect for families. Great Atmostphere. Loved the grilling area. Main pool is huge, and great for the kids (sand area). Lazy river also loads of fun. The rooms are large, the kitchenette comes in very handy when traveling with kids. Staff could be more polite. It is very clear they are not happy attending to your needs. We had to wait a long time for towels. If you are able to overlook this, the hotel stay is great. Both pools require room card to get in, which is great for security reasons. Hotel also provides a shuttle to and from the strip (New York, New York) unitl late at night. However, late shuttles do become crowed, and might require extra time waiting on the next shuttle. Parking could also be better.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Now, let me preface this review with the fact that we had toured Tahiti Village on the first day ever of timeshare presentation on a previous trip...so we already had know that the facility was beautiful. So, when i booked through II, i was pretty confident that we were going to love the place. Then i started to read some of the other reviews and was a little skeptical. But here are my thoughts.

We arrived late (around 11:30pm) on Wednesday night, May 26th of Memorial Day weekend. There was no one in the check in line (of course) so no waiting. The nice lady at the counter had originally put me in a room that she called "Mountain View" but i asked if there was anything overlooking the pool. She checked again and found a room on the 6th floor #5610 in the Number 5 building...which was perfect because i read that was the new, nice one.

Parking is a pain. The parking garage was the only area that we found to park, but that is a ways away from our room. But whatever. We aren't picky. And we could use the exercise.

Took the elevator to the 6th floor and walked all the way to the end of the hallway and our room was on the right. Opened the door and WOW...it was beautiful. Huge full kitchen, dining room table, family room, nice size balcony overlooking the lazy river and off in the distance you could see the strip. The bedroom was large and the bathroom was even larger than i expected. The sinks, a jacuzzi tub which never got used, a shower with a steamer which i attempted to use once for about 5 seconds when i felt like i couldn't breathe anymore (apparently not for me). Then about 2 days later, i discovered we had a washer and dryer too. Not that we planned on using it though. But definitely nice for those that might. Overall the room was FANTASTIC!!

We woke up the next morning and were told to go to the concierge desk for a parking pass for the week since we had only gotten a temp. pass the night before. So, we did so and he also gave us a little welcome packet with some coupons to Denny's and Tahiti Joe's, and some other shows and things to do on the strip. It was a nice touch. He mentioned that we could do an II presentation and get tickets to a show for free in return and we thought about it, but the 11:45 time just didn't work into our schedule. He mentioned that the resort was doing a luau on Saturday night and we could prepay and save money. We were planning on doing it because it sounded like fun, but got distracted in downtown Vegas and ended up not going back for the Luau...glad we didn't prepay. The concierge was very helpful and i'm glad he was located right on the first floor for convenience sake.

I had read that the BBQ area gets pretty busy most nights...and it was...looked like fun. But never did get to use it.

I did wake up one morning and use the workout room and a treadmill. It was pretty big...about 5 or 6 treadmills, weights and a bike. Pretty good.

I did use the lazy river on Sunday...i was determined to use at least one of the amenities that drew us back to this place. DH however hates pools and things so i was solo on this adventure. Went down in the late afternoon, around 4ish and i had read that they charge for tubes, but there were lots laying around, so i just grabbed one, threw my sandals to the side and plopped in the water. Went around about 10 times...it took about 45 minutes maybe?? but the one thing which is just a complaint of mine and maybe i wouldn't care in the middle of summer when it is 120 degrees out but i wasn't really in the mood to get soaking wet, just wanted to float around in a circle and relax and there are all these waterfalls and shooting water thingys throughout the route which the kids really seemed to love, but me, not so much. But i just managed to paddle my way around them, hold onto the the wall and guide myself when needed and it was fine. Like i said, i didn't want to get soaking wet, maybe most might like to...
But didn't get to use the pool...we did go take a look at it--AWESOME...if we had more time, i would have. But gambling was our main reason for our trip.
The location is a bit far from the strip. But we had a rental car so didn't mind. We have learned the back roads to take if we needed to go somewhere faster. But the bonus is it is quiet...didn't even hear the airport noise. We did see the shuttle and lots of people using it, but again, we had the car and didn't need to. I-215 is 1 traffic light away, so very easy to get around.
Ate at Denny's one morning. It was busy but convenient. Didn't get to Tahiti Joe's, but wish we had.
Overall, the place was fantastic. I'm glad we traded our timeshare for this place. We thought we would like it and we weren't let down. It has everything. Great for families, great for people with cars. If you don't have a car, the shuttle might not work out so well all the time. But at least there is an option. Staff was friendly, grounds were very clean, room was spacious and very nice. I would definitely stay here again...100%!!

Thanks Tahiti Village! You've done a great job! :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Purduegolf1
Southwest Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We went to Vegas May 27th-June 1st for my wedding and shared a Bora Bora suite with my 6 year old and my mother.

I cannot say enough nice things about the staff and conditions of Tahiti Village Resort. We booked through a friend who had a timeshare and got a guest pass. The pool, lazy river, and hotel all were just beautiful. The pictures really don't do this hotel justice, it is GORGEOUS inside and out!! I would love to stay there again if we ever go back to Vegas.

The spa jet tub and steam shower were also wonderful. That tub could easily fit 3 people it is so big. I want to go back just to take a bath there again! We also enjoyed the fitness center and the activities room.

If you have children this is the place to stay. It's far enough away from the strip to keep them safe from the mishappenings of Vegas but still close enough (with free shuttle) to enjoy all that Vegas has to offer. Also it was easy to sleep as it was not your typical noisy until 4AM Vegas hotel. It was a family place first and foremost.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family