“Loved it, felt like a tropical vacation.”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #36 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed in a small suite, which was still really large and laid out well. The room was spotless and well laid out. My kids slept on the pull out couch and my husband and I on the king bed in the bedroom. We loved everything about this hotel. We did not have housekeeping, but did call for extra towels. The pools were so much fun, one had a beach and there was a lazy river that was just so much fun for the kids. We traveled with our 6 & 8 year old. We would definitely stay here again. We were in building 5, everything was new and beautiful.

1  Thank Kat1999
Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed April 18, 2010

$179/night for a 2 bedroom condo. What do you expect? Customer service? don't expect that. Internet? Nope Maid Service? Nope. Towel & Linen service? Nope. Their pool and lazy river closed early. the staff was uninterested in anything remotely resembling friendly service. I got the feeling that the developer can not sell these timeshare units; but that is a common story in Vegas. What they have done is calculate what cashflow they need to keep the place afloat; hence the great rate. at the risk of sounding like a snob; the guests at this place are real beer budget (PBR) types.
But if you are like me and prefer to have the convenience of your own kitchen and not have to deal with the noise and inconvenience of staying in a casino, this place is very acceptable. Also the parking is very limited and inconvenient.

1  Thank Denverbri69
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We have owned a unit in Tahiti Village since before it was built. We have never stayed there before this last trip. We will never stay there again. Our room was shabby, worn furniture, open drain in closet (horrible smell), and fire alarm beeping at 6:00 am. The hall was dirty and was not swept. Our patio looked out on the Denny's parking lot. We discussed this at our owner's meeting and were told we should have made it known that we were owners when we booked the week, and then we were taken on a tour of the "nice" tower - slap in the face to us. The resort is a considerable distance from casinos and the shuttle (although it does run on time during the day) stops at 11:00 pm. When we purchased this unit everything was projected to be "beautiful", it was not. We have stayed in other time share properties that were fantastic - not this one!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusieQ077
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I checked into Tahiti Village on April 7th. My family was staying there for 4 nights. When we first arrived we were quite early (forgot the time change), and the staff was really pleasant about providing us with a guest pass so we may enjoy the pool while we waited for our room to be ready. When I did ask about our room, the gentlemen at the front desk warned me that I may not receive a room with a washer/dryer because I booked through expedia/hotels.com. Through these sites, apparently we're only entitled to rentals, not owned suites (timeshares). I requested a room with a washer/dryer though & my request was fulfilled. Our room was ready about 2pm local, which was great since apparently check-in is 4pm.
The rooms were great, we had a Bora Bora room. However I really did NOT like the bathroom. It was like our entire bathroom was a shower. There was no jacuzzi tub, but small price to pay for the washer/dryer. We received a welcome package too when we checked-in. Everything was great, loved the suite. It was convenient to the parkade & lazy river. There is gaming onsite (keno, a couple slot machines, & video poker) until 2am at Tahiti Joes. The drink specials are 1.50 from 10pm-2am! Ryan, one of the bartenders is great & will make sure you're well taken care of!
The resort is located about 1.5km/1Mile away from the Callaway Golf Centre, where there's a challenging Par 3 (I know, I know) & a driving range. Allowed to Demo Callaway products there.
The AceGold Bus & Deuce does not run all the way to Tahiti Village after midnight. We had to get off at the Callaway location & walk. It's not that far, but it's unlit & a tad scary. Cabs are rediculously expensive from the strip & despite asking them not to, they'll bomb over to the interstate & go the scenic route.
My children loved the pool & the jacuzzi. At night it seemed there was ALWAYS someone in the jacuzzi.
Oh yeah, no free Internet at this place. It's 7 bucks a day with a 50 dollar deposit. Oh well, on vacation, the farther away from the Internet & email, the better.
I'd go back again.

1  Thank KrissySno
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We were excited to spend spring break at the resort for a 2nd year after having a wonderful experience last year when we exchanged a week via Interval Intl. This year, we booked a prepaid reservation via Expedia which had an incredible rate. When we arrived at the resort, we were told that they were overbooked and had to downgrade everyone that was checking in. We paid for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and was downgraded to a hotel room with kitchenette! This has never happened with any hotels we've used in our many years of traveling. Needless to say, we were furious and was a terrible start of a vacation. We're in the processing of resolving this "inconvenience" with the hotel's management, Expedia, and credit card company. We suspect that this may be a common business practice with the hotel if you booked via Internet sites. So, beware that this could happen to you.

Other than this operational problem, the resort itself is beautiful and an ideal resort for families. There's a major difference between a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and hotel room with kitchenette. Pay the extra and get the 1 bedroom - more space, jacuzzi tub, steamer/shower, double bathroom sink, balcony, kitchen, DR, FR, washer/dryer, ...

We have a couple of little ones and so we did "off strip" family activities like chocolate factory tour at Ethel M's Chocolate, Sunset Park playground, Red Rock Canyon driving/ walk, Adventure Dome at Circus Circus..

We recommend breakfast at Bootlegger Bistro which we discovered when we refused to wait at the IHOP restaurant. The bistro is on Las Vegas Blvd next to the Outlet Center Annex. The prices are reasonable and patio dining was relaxing and pleasant.

We also tried Garden Grill at Circus Circus at the recommendation of another reviewer. The all you can eat Prime Rib for $12.99 was a good deal. The meat was very tender and delicious. The kid's meal was pricey -- about $5.00 for a corndog or macNcheese that comes out of a 50 cents box. Kids beverages like milk was $3.50 and above in addition to their meals.

3  Thank vacation_junkie03
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I reserved a room at the Tahiti Village for me and my 3 kids for spring break vacation. We arrived at 4pm at the Tahiti village which is check in time. There was a very long line that we waited in. When we got to the check in desk we were told our room was not ready yet. I was surprised that the room had not been cleaned yet so late in the day. I seen many frustrated people in the lobby and talk to one lady that had been waiting already for 2 hours for her room.

We decided to have a early dinner and then come back. Our room was ready at about approx. 5:30 pm. We were very tired after a long day of travel. When we arrived at our room we discovered we did not have a room with any type of view. One side of the room faced the strip with cars going by and the window view faced the entrance parking area. I felt so disappointed. It was my daughters first time in vegas I wanted a nicer experience then this. I went back to the front desk only to be told there were no other rooms available. I could check back in the morning but no guarantees.

I was so unhappy with the room. I called hotels.com where I booked my hotel package. I said that I wanted to cancel my reservation and go to another hotel and explained the situation. They said that I needed to check out and they would then call for my refund.

I checked out about 45 min after checking in and got a room at the Bellagio. I called hotels. com in the morning to see how to get a refund from Tahiti village. They called hotel management at Tahiti Village who said they refused to give me any type of refund. I asked if I could call hotel management at Tahiti Village to explain my situation. I was probably on the phone for over 1 hour being passed around from person to person explaining my story. I finally talked to Megan (Hotel Mgr.) who said that she would not give me any type of refund. I said that I understood how I might get charged for the first night but why for the full 4 nights. She said once you checked in you lost 100 percent of your refund. I told her if I had to pay for all the nights that I wanted my room back . She said that she could not guarantee me a room because it might already be check out. I said you are going to charge me for my room even though you rented it out already. How is that fair. She said it was policy and it didn't have to be fairl. They called me back hours later letting me know they could get me my room back if I wanted. They were supposed to call me right back why it took 2 hours I have no idea. I was so irratated by the situation I did not want to go back and ruin the rest of my trip. I did not receive my refund and my only recourse is to let everyone who is thinking about booking a room that hotel management is not customer sevice friendly. If something goes wrong this is not the type of company that is going to work with you. All they care about is getting there money and that is it. Make sure to read your contract carefully about cancellations, etc.... Would never book a stay there again and will let all my friends know my experience and to be very careful about dealing with this hotel.

4  Thank kdbrad
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Booked this with a timeshare trade on Interval International. Had a two bedroom unit with a full kitchen. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom incredibly spacious and included a whirlpool and a steam sauna (in the shower). I was on the go and never used the pool area, but it looked great. One drawback was the long walk from the parking garage (back of the property) to the elevators (middle of the property) to the room at the end of the hall (toward the back of the property). But we had a high floor with a great view of the strip. The shuttle was free and convenient, taking you right into around the MGM Grand area. Located very close to the airport and just off the strip, which I liked. Restaurant was average. Would absolutely stay there again and love every minute.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business