“Great Family Vacation”

Ranked #35 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary, AB
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I checked into Tahiti Village on April 7th. My family was staying there for 4 nights. When we first arrived we were quite early (forgot the time change), and the staff was really pleasant about providing us with a guest pass so we may enjoy the pool while we waited for our room to be ready. When I did ask about our room, the gentlemen at the front desk warned me that I may not receive a room with a washer/dryer because I booked through expedia/hotels.com. Through these sites, apparently we're only entitled to rentals, not owned suites (timeshares). I requested a room with a washer/dryer though & my request was fulfilled. Our room was ready about 2pm local, which was great since apparently check-in is 4pm.
The rooms were great, we had a Bora Bora room. However I really did NOT like the bathroom. It was like our entire bathroom was a shower. There was no jacuzzi tub, but small price to pay for the washer/dryer. We received a welcome package too when we checked-in. Everything was great, loved the suite. It was convenient to the parkade & lazy river. There is gaming onsite (keno, a couple slot machines, & video poker) until 2am at Tahiti Joes. The drink specials are 1.50 from 10pm-2am! Ryan, one of the bartenders is great & will make sure you're well taken care of!
The resort is located about 1.5km/1Mile away from the Callaway Golf Centre, where there's a challenging Par 3 (I know, I know) & a driving range. Allowed to Demo Callaway products there.
The AceGold Bus & Deuce does not run all the way to Tahiti Village after midnight. We had to get off at the Callaway location & walk. It's not that far, but it's unlit & a tad scary. Cabs are rediculously expensive from the strip & despite asking them not to, they'll bomb over to the interstate & go the scenic route.
My children loved the pool & the jacuzzi. At night it seemed there was ALWAYS someone in the jacuzzi.
Oh yeah, no free Internet at this place. It's 7 bucks a day with a 50 dollar deposit. Oh well, on vacation, the farther away from the Internet & email, the better.
I'd go back again.

1 Thank KrissySno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We were excited to spend spring break at the resort for a 2nd year after having a wonderful experience last year when we exchanged a week via Interval Intl. This year, we booked a prepaid reservation via Expedia which had an incredible rate. When we arrived at the resort, we were told that they were overbooked and had to downgrade everyone that was checking in. We paid for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and was downgraded to a hotel room with kitchenette! This has never happened with any hotels we've used in our many years of traveling. Needless to say, we were furious and was a terrible start of a vacation. We're in the processing of resolving this "inconvenience" with the hotel's management, Expedia, and credit card company. We suspect that this may be a common business practice with the hotel if you booked via Internet sites. So, beware that this could happen to you.

Other than this operational problem, the resort itself is beautiful and an ideal resort for families. There's a major difference between a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and hotel room with kitchenette. Pay the extra and get the 1 bedroom - more space, jacuzzi tub, steamer/shower, double bathroom sink, balcony, kitchen, DR, FR, washer/dryer, ...

We have a couple of little ones and so we did "off strip" family activities like chocolate factory tour at Ethel M's Chocolate, Sunset Park playground, Red Rock Canyon driving/ walk, Adventure Dome at Circus Circus..

We recommend breakfast at Bootlegger Bistro which we discovered when we refused to wait at the IHOP restaurant. The bistro is on Las Vegas Blvd next to the Outlet Center Annex. The prices are reasonable and patio dining was relaxing and pleasant.

We also tried Garden Grill at Circus Circus at the recommendation of another reviewer. The all you can eat Prime Rib for $12.99 was a good deal. The meat was very tender and delicious. The kid's meal was pricey -- about $5.00 for a corndog or macNcheese that comes out of a 50 cents box. Kids beverages like milk was $3.50 and above in addition to their meals.

3 Thank vacation_junkie03
Californina
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I reserved a room at the Tahiti Village for me and my 3 kids for spring break vacation. We arrived at 4pm at the Tahiti village which is check in time. There was a very long line that we waited in. When we got to the check in desk we were told our room was not ready yet. I was surprised that the room had not been cleaned yet so late in the day. I seen many frustrated people in the lobby and talk to one lady that had been waiting already for 2 hours for her room.

We decided to have a early dinner and then come back. Our room was ready at about approx. 5:30 pm. We were very tired after a long day of travel. When we arrived at our room we discovered we did not have a room with any type of view. One side of the room faced the strip with cars going by and the window view faced the entrance parking area. I felt so disappointed. It was my daughters first time in vegas I wanted a nicer experience then this. I went back to the front desk only to be told there were no other rooms available. I could check back in the morning but no guarantees.

I was so unhappy with the room. I called hotels.com where I booked my hotel package. I said that I wanted to cancel my reservation and go to another hotel and explained the situation. They said that I needed to check out and they would then call for my refund.

I checked out about 45 min after checking in and got a room at the Bellagio. I called hotels. com in the morning to see how to get a refund from Tahiti village. They called hotel management at Tahiti Village who said they refused to give me any type of refund. I asked if I could call hotel management at Tahiti Village to explain my situation. I was probably on the phone for over 1 hour being passed around from person to person explaining my story. I finally talked to Megan (Hotel Mgr.) who said that she would not give me any type of refund. I said that I understood how I might get charged for the first night but why for the full 4 nights. She said once you checked in you lost 100 percent of your refund. I told her if I had to pay for all the nights that I wanted my room back . She said that she could not guarantee me a room because it might already be check out. I said you are going to charge me for my room even though you rented it out already. How is that fair. She said it was policy and it didn't have to be fairl. They called me back hours later letting me know they could get me my room back if I wanted. They were supposed to call me right back why it took 2 hours I have no idea. I was so irratated by the situation I did not want to go back and ruin the rest of my trip. I did not receive my refund and my only recourse is to let everyone who is thinking about booking a room that hotel management is not customer sevice friendly. If something goes wrong this is not the type of company that is going to work with you. All they care about is getting there money and that is it. Make sure to read your contract carefully about cancellations, etc.... Would never book a stay there again and will let all my friends know my experience and to be very careful about dealing with this hotel.

4 Thank kdbrad
Naperville, IL
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Booked this with a timeshare trade on Interval International. Had a two bedroom unit with a full kitchen. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom incredibly spacious and included a whirlpool and a steam sauna (in the shower). I was on the go and never used the pool area, but it looked great. One drawback was the long walk from the parking garage (back of the property) to the elevators (middle of the property) to the room at the end of the hall (toward the back of the property). But we had a high floor with a great view of the strip. The shuttle was free and convenient, taking you right into around the MGM Grand area. Located very close to the airport and just off the strip, which I liked. Restaurant was average. Would absolutely stay there again and love every minute.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel-LifeIsShort
Newyork
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Visited the resort with my daughter who was on spring break from college. I can not compliment this resort enough on their services, rooms and set-up of the resort. From the minute we walked into the resort to register we were received with smiles and offers of assistance. We were then directed to the concierge desk where we were helped with car rental and tours. Everyone was so helpful, kind and eager to accomodate us. Rooms were very upscale and we stayed in the Bora units. Very nice bathrooms and patio, needless to say the wonderul kitchen area. As a professional owner of an accounting business in New York, I would say this resort is an elite resort with a family atmosphere. The location was perfect to the strip where I entertained by daughter at night but also enjoyed the wonderul beach and pool area we were able to relax by the pool in the day time. The Tahiti theme tells the story of the outside area. There is a large hot tub that is great for the cool mornings or late in the evening. My only complaint would be to many children under 12 were int he hot tub, swimming and diving under the water, and the parents did not control the children. WE did make a complaint to the front desk. With the overall resort review I would say outstanding and I will be returning in May with my husbend, to stay at the Village instead of at a hotel on the strip where our conference will be held. Also, we are seriously looking into purchasing a timeshare with this resort, that is how wonderul my first vist was at the Tahiti Village.

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank FinancialCPA
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and two sons ages 5 and 3. We stayed here from 3-25-10 to 3-28-10. When doing these reviews I like to break it down alittle.

We came to Vegas to attend the MONSTER JAM finals at Sam Boyd Stadium and I purposely didn't want a hotel right on the strip. Just to add also this is my fourth time to Vegas, so I do have some knowledge of the area. Tahiti Village is a great family hotel that is also an excellent value.

We stayed in a Bora Bora room which has a full kitchen and king bed in the bedroom. The couch is a pullout also. The room was beautiful and clean with everything you could need. A washer and dryer is also in the room. The bathroom is huge with a tub and seperate shower with a steamer which my wife loved. We had a balcony view looking towards the mountains. A little hint to save some money is get groceries from the Food for less grocery store which is only about a mile south of the hotel. I did this and we stockpiled our kitchen for our stay. It's expensive to eat out every meal and we saved some money. We also had two flatscreen TV's which was nice. Room was great.

The hotel/pool was just beautiful and well kept. Everyday I would see employees actually cleaning the concrete sidewalks which I thought was impressive. They do keep it clean. Being from MN we swam in the pool which was great. The sand beach is a nice touch. My kids enjoyed the lazy river. The temperature while we were in Vegas was sunny and around 68-75 degrees. We had some wind the first couple days but it was SUNNY. Check in and out was a breeze. Free WI FI was in the lobby and you can bring your Laptop down and relax in numerous chairs while checking up on computer stuff. You actually connect to the nearby Denny's restaurant WI FI. It worked and beat paying for it in your room.

The location was excellent for us as everything is close by. The rental car center where everyone has to go in Vegas is right behind the hotel. Very easy to drop off car and pick up when it's so close. The strip is only about a 1 mile north of the hotel on LAS VEGAS BLVD and very easy to get to. I rented a car from Advantage for 85 bucks for 3.5 days. It was welll worth it and having a car in Vegas to me is a must. For my wife she also liked the location as it is next to the LAS VEGAS OUTLET mall and she spent some time and money there.

Overall this was a great stay for us and with two younger boys is really fit our needs. Its relaxing and close enough to the strip if you want that.

I

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank sanselment
Burlington, ON
Reviewed March 25, 2010

This was our first time in Las Vegas so we weren't sure what to expect. We were travelling with 2 young teenagers and did not expect to spend that much time at casinos. The purpose of our trip was rather to relax, shop, sightsee and enjoy some quiet time. For our purposes, the Tahiti Village was perfect. If you're looking for casinos, action and busy nightlife, you won't like the Tahiti Village. We arrived very late at night and upon arrival, the staff were very courteous and checkin took less than 5 minutes. We stayed on the main floor in Tower 5 (the newest part of the hotel) and were a short walk away from the pool and lazy river, both of which were heated to 80 degrees everyday. The pool has a small beach walk-in area which would be perfect for toddlers or young children. The lazy river is lots of fun too -- only about 3 feet deep -- with waterfalls, but it is mandatory to use only hotel-owned tubes, which cost $3/each to rent. There is a great BBQ area with large stainless steel grills, if you're into that. We did not use the BBQ, but the area was busy with others grilling everynight of the week. The accommodations in our suite were first class. We had adjoining suites with living areas in each suite, a king-size bed in each suite, complete kitchen facilities in the main suite with bar fridge & microwave in second suite, 2 queen-size pullouts, a total of 4 flat screen TVs (three 42 inch & one 47 inch) and stackable laundry. All the comforts of home. The beds were phenomenal, there were granite counters & steam showers in the bathrooms and the kitchen had granite counertops and brand new stainless steel fullsize appliances. There was no WIFI and internet access cost $10/24 hours but that did not bother us. The hotel offers a free shuttle to & from the Strip every half hour, which was most convenient to get to the Strip when we wanted to go. The shuttle only stops at the Tropicana and Treasure Island though, so you must be prepared to do some walking. We ate on site at Tahiti Joes one night, which we should not have done. For the price, the food was nothing special, there are no windows in the restaurant and there are places close by that are better. There is a Dennys on site, but we did not eat there. Grocery stores, gas stations and all kinds of shopping (including liquor store) are across the street. In fact, the Las Vegas Outlet Mall directly across the street from the Tahiti Village would be a teenaged girl's dream-come-true. Very good shopping there. We had a rental car which came in handy staying as far off the Strip as we were, but the Tahiti Village offers free parking very conveniently located to the rooms. If you're looking for a balance between access to Vegas when you want it and for peace & quite when you want it, the Tahiti Village is a perfect choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family