“OK Room - not very great staff or breakfast”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #35 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Aliso Viejo, CA
“OK Room - not very great staff or breakfast”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We were staying there overnight with 2 kids (3 & 8) to land at 11:00 pm and depart the next day at 11:00 am. FIlight was delayed and we landed at 1:00 am. I asked for a later checkout as the kids and I were exhausted. Front desk night manager said it was policy that we had to be out at 10:00 am. or we would be charged an extra day, call back at 8:00 am to ask for late checkout. We went round and round on this with no sympathy on her part. Morning continental breakfast was a joke served from 9:00 to 10:00 only - it was packed in there. They only served coffee, muffins and juice. Super long line to even get a muffin. We ducked out to the dennys downstairs. Rooms are decent and pretty large, just not a staff that really wants you there.

• Liked — rooms were pretty nice
  • Disliked — staff and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank christians3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Orange County, CA
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I never even got the opportunity to visit this establishment due to the fact that my Father fell gravely ill and subsiquently passed away. I won the trip on the radio and had to pay $100 up front for a reservation and that was to be refunded after we listened to their sales pitch....Apparently the 6 months that I was caring for my ill Father had run up, and I was left with no trip and they also refuse to refund the $100 deposit I had to pay when I first won the trip. They give you 6 months to redeem it apparently - this I was not aware of when I first won. There response to my email asking for my deposit back and explaining my Father's death was this:

Your package was only valid for 6 months from the date of purchase which was 11/30/2006. At this moment a refund will not be issued since the package has expired. Thank You.

[--]

Customer Service Associate

I think they run a despectible business and I hope they go bankrupt!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dirtluvingirl
Massachusetts
Reviewed December 4, 2008

OK, so this was our family's first experience with exchanging a timeshare. We own a week in Rangely, ME, but since we have family in LV, we decided to trade out for this year, and spend the holidays at Tahiti Village.

First, I never proactively received a confirmation of our reservation from either TV or Interval. I had to call both of them several times to make sure our reservation was safe.

After our arrival with no glitches, I was looking forward to a nice week. We had the Royal Tahitian, which is two separate rooms with a common living room and kitchen. Beautiful suite. The living and sleeping areas were great. We had a bit of trouble with the jacuzzi tub, but maintenance came by and fixed it within a half hour.

Pros:
- Great rooms (stayed in Tower 2)
- Wonderful pool and hot tub area - we swam for 5 out of 7 days during thanksgiving week.
- Relatively good and timely service

Cons:
- PARKING is horrible!!! There is not enough parking for all the guests. This was mostly true on the weekend. During the week it was less crowded.
- In-suite Washer/Dryer can handle about 3 things at a time. Even a small load takes 2 hours to dry.
- CONSTANT flow of sales people and prospects, even on thanksgiving.
- We missed the mid-week housekeeping. Getting our room back on schedule took 3 calls to the front office and housekeeping. Finally, 2 days later, they came to clean the room.
- Pizza place flyers under the door almost every day.
- Automated phone messages left on voicemail at about 7AM. This left a blinking light on the phone that would wake us up.

Overall, I think the management at Tahiti Village does not care excessively about customer service or satisfaction. They are going for quantity of owners over quality. They try to shove as many people through the sales pitch as possible.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — Constant flow of salespeople
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank sjapollo
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We are owners at their sister property, Tahiti, on Tropicana Blvd. When I made reservations for a 2BR there, I was told they had none available for the dates we wanted (Thanksgiving week). As a curtesy, they booked us at TV (the 2nd time we'd stayed there).
Our checkin was flawless - I had asked for a room overlooking the Strip in Bldg #1 and they easily accomodated us - 4th floor.
We enjoy watching the lights and seeing the planes land at the airport - and even though it seems like we are only a stones throw from the airport - I never heard a plane landing while there - even when we had the balcony door open. The soundproofing in both the door and windows are great.
Our guests staying in the lock off unit did, however, say they heard a baby crying in the room next to them one night - but not again. We COULD hear 'muffled' voices through the our bedroom wall - and the sound of anyone running their shower or whirlpool tub - but not enough to disturb our sleep.
We rented a car for this trip and never did use the shuttle - although they just started a new schedule. Rather than the TV shuttle taking you to the Town Center Shops - Tropicana - Treasure Island - the new schedule has it taking you ONLY to the Tropicana (every 30 min), then you have to take a 2nd shuttle up the Strip to T.I. and Stratosphere or you can take another shuttle headed to NYNY, The Orleans and then to the Tahiti and Club Soleil properties. So if you use the shuttle - be prepared to make 'connections. Oh, and now you need a shuttle 'pass' that you get from the 'consierge'. While they tell you to come pick up your "welcome package' that includes this pass - it is just a ploy to get you to agree to another 'owner update'. My husband just went down late in the evening and just asked for the passes (although we never used them).
Our room was very clean - there were PLENTY of towels, TP and kleenex for us to use (we were there 4 nights - so we didn't have our room serviced), but anytime we asked for something (like extra coffe paks), we were accomodated with a smile!
We didn't use the pool - although it is heated to 82 degrees, we didn't have time - but there were several people in there every day. They were fililng the lazy river, and I see from the live webcam that is is still filled, but doesn't seem to be open.
Didn't partake in the 'free' continental breakfast available from 9 to 10 am over at Tahiti Joes - seems like that is where the sales people now bring all their 'prospects'.
Check out was no problem - you leave a $100 deposit on your credit card when you check in - internet service is $9.99 daily (a little pricey) No wifi in the older buildings - but you can borrow a network cable while you're there if you have your own laptop.
One of the best features is their proximity to the Rental Car Center - literally around the block! Comeout of the Rental Car garage, make 2 rights and you're there!
Overall - we enjoyed our time there - wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Liked — cleanlinest, friendly staff
  • Disliked — internet fee, sales people
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nynana614
Calgary
Reviewed December 2, 2008

They just care about your money and nothing else

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VahvahCalgary
Provo, Utah
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Our initial stay at Tahiti Village was in August and we decided to split our week and finish our time on Thanksgiving of this year, the first thing about them is their sales staff are very rude and pushy, they push their way through wherever they are taking their "guests", we have been crowded off elevators and ran off sidewalks by these sales people, one even woke me up taking people down the hall at 8 AM, keep in mind, I was on the sixth floor, we figured that maybe it is just their big Grand Opening on their new Phase, we were also told that all guests are owners, but for some reason I have found several sites online a can rent a room,? Also one pool and one hot tub with the mysterious foam floating on top, you'd think they could at least put in one hot tub per phase, we have been promised the Lazy River would be done by Summer, then it was by August, then it was November 26th, not even close! But I was told by the staff that "they are just checking for leaks" come on people, they can do better than that, the parking is rediculous, but they have added the all new parking garage! On the other hand, they told us when we were checking out that there was a free valet service because of the parking issues, Be very careful, if you pull out and try to load your car by the gate security will come and tell you to move because the limos need the space for the "new owners" I would like to know why they are taking the new owners down to the parking garage instead of the front door. Gee I thought that we were the new owners they already got our money. The walls are paper thin, we could hear the conversation the people next door was having at 3 AM, then their kids decided to jump on the bed, the water running somewhere upstairs from us, I was very dissappointed in the place as a whole. We were never told the small unit does not have an oven or stove, a kitchenette is nice but if you plan on cooking it is going to be microwave food. We have had better stays down the street in a $39 a night room. Please beware, if you buy into this it is not the end and they dont go away, they will call you at home with upgrade deals, and when you make a reservation they will call wanting you to do their "Owner Update" and yes,they will call your cell phone!

• Liked — checked out early
  • Disliked — the whole experience
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank unhappytraveler01
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We originally booked another timeshare hotel about 6 weeks before our arrival. The week of our stay, we get a call that that resort was still under construction and that we were to be moved to Tahiti village.

I arrive in the early afternoon, where I am greeted by a friendly reception staff (on the right). I am a timeshare owner who swapped out from another location to visit LV. After checking in a woman with plastic lai beads and a hawaiian shirt approaches me and starts asking me rapid fire questions, am I an owner am I the only owner, how long am I staying etc.? This was all in an attempt to get me to tour the current property.Now after being on a plan for 6 hours I'm was a little disconbomlated (sp?) and could have done without that, she stops after I show some disinterest and I press on to my rooom.

Our rooms (i had two of the smallest units) were in building 5. I had to walk out of the main part, around the pool and to the back of then property past the outdoor grills.

Building 5 has a concerige desk in it (I'm assuming all the buliding do). Becareful these people are here to assist but to also get you to take a tour. You can tell this place is brand new, its beautiful. Got to the room, it was clean, had flat screens in both the living room and bedrooms, and a radio (that is hidden) in the living room. In the small unt there is no stove, but there was a microwave, toaster, sink, mini fridge, silverware and dishwashing liquid. We fit 3 girls (ages 26-35) in each room quite comfortably. They only clean once a week but will happily give you more towels, soap and remove any trash you've accumlated. We didn't care too much for a view, as we mainly slept most of the time we were in the room.

The hotel doesn't have wifi (seriously) but Denny's does and i was able to pick up Denny's wifi from our room on the 4th floor of tower 5.

There is a shuttle that takes you to then strip, and for the most part it was timely. Something to note, you have to the desk to get a shuttle pass which is good for everyone one in your party. If you plan to split up then get a shuttle pass for everyone.

The resort is across the street from what I like to call "a paired down" outlet mall. Its a good place to go if you need something quick and dirty or want a cheap meal at the food court, but it wasn't the outlet mall I was expecting. Stores included, Coach, Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Sean John, a bunch of shoe stores. There is a sprint store, and a bunch of fast food places in this area.

I took a cab (about $10 with traffic one way, $3.30 base then what a .25 every 1/8 miile) to the Food for Less grocery store. This grocery store is a combination costco (bj's, sams club)/regular grocery store/liquor store. There is also a CVS located here.

All in all good experience, lovely place I'd recommend.

• Liked — The quality of the rooms
  • Disliked — No wifi,
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends