Tahiti Village
Vdara.com
$179
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$71
$65
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$173
$159
$600
$499
$169
$152
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$79
$64
Agoda.com
$22
  • Pool
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$625
$565
Hotelpower.com
2,973 results
All reviewslazy riversteam showerfull kitchenroyal tahitianbora bora roombbq areatime sharepartial kitchenshuttle servicefree shuttledenny's restaurantgreat family resortred rock canyonwasher and dryermain pooltimeshare resortpool area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We are owners at their sister property, Tahiti, on Tropicana Blvd. When I made reservations for a 2BR there, I was told they had none available for the dates we wanted (Thanksgiving week). As a curtesy, they booked us at TV (the 2nd time we'd stayed there).
Our checkin was flawless - I had asked for a room overlooking the Strip in Bldg #1 and they easily accomodated us - 4th floor.
We enjoy watching the lights and seeing the planes land at the airport - and even though it seems like we are only a stones throw from the airport - I never heard a plane landing while there - even when we had the balcony door open. The soundproofing in both the door and windows are great.
Our guests staying in the lock off unit did, however, say they heard a baby crying in the room next to them one night - but not again. We COULD hear 'muffled' voices through the our bedroom wall - and the sound of anyone running their shower or whirlpool tub - but not enough to disturb our sleep.
We rented a car for this trip and never did use the shuttle - although they just started a new schedule. Rather than the TV shuttle taking you to the Town Center Shops - Tropicana - Treasure Island - the new schedule has it taking you ONLY to the Tropicana (every 30 min), then you have to take a 2nd shuttle up the Strip to T.I. and Stratosphere or you can take another shuttle headed to NYNY, The Orleans and then to the Tahiti and Club Soleil properties. So if you use the shuttle - be prepared to make 'connections. Oh, and now you need a shuttle 'pass' that you get from the 'consierge'. While they tell you to come pick up your "welcome package' that includes this pass - it is just a ploy to get you to agree to another 'owner update'. My husband just went down late in the evening and just asked for the passes (although we never used them).
Our room was very clean - there were PLENTY of towels, TP and kleenex for us to use (we were there 4 nights - so we didn't have our room serviced), but anytime we asked for something (like extra coffe paks), we were accomodated with a smile!
We didn't use the pool - although it is heated to 82 degrees, we didn't have time - but there were several people in there every day. They were fililng the lazy river, and I see from the live webcam that is is still filled, but doesn't seem to be open.
Didn't partake in the 'free' continental breakfast available from 9 to 10 am over at Tahiti Joes - seems like that is where the sales people now bring all their 'prospects'.
Check out was no problem - you leave a $100 deposit on your credit card when you check in - internet service is $9.99 daily (a little pricey) No wifi in the older buildings - but you can borrow a network cable while you're there if you have your own laptop.
One of the best features is their proximity to the Rental Car Center - literally around the block! Comeout of the Rental Car garage, make 2 rights and you're there!
Overall - we enjoyed our time there - wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nynana614
Reviewed December 2, 2008

They just care about your money and nothing else

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VahvahCalgary
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Our initial stay at Tahiti Village was in August and we decided to split our week and finish our time on Thanksgiving of this year, the first thing about them is their sales staff are very rude and pushy, they push their way through wherever they are taking their "guests", we have been crowded off elevators and ran off sidewalks by these sales people, one even woke me up taking people down the hall at 8 AM, keep in mind, I was on the sixth floor, we figured that maybe it is just their big Grand Opening on their new Phase, we were also told that all guests are owners, but for some reason I have found several sites online a can rent a room,? Also one pool and one hot tub with the mysterious foam floating on top, you'd think they could at least put in one hot tub per phase, we have been promised the Lazy River would be done by Summer, then it was by August, then it was November 26th, not even close! But I was told by the staff that "they are just checking for leaks" come on people, they can do better than that, the parking is rediculous, but they have added the all new parking garage! On the other hand, they told us when we were checking out that there was a free valet service because of the parking issues, Be very careful, if you pull out and try to load your car by the gate security will come and tell you to move because the limos need the space for the "new owners" I would like to know why they are taking the new owners down to the parking garage instead of the front door. Gee I thought that we were the new owners they already got our money. The walls are paper thin, we could hear the conversation the people next door was having at 3 AM, then their kids decided to jump on the bed, the water running somewhere upstairs from us, I was very dissappointed in the place as a whole. We were never told the small unit does not have an oven or stove, a kitchenette is nice but if you plan on cooking it is going to be microwave food. We have had better stays down the street in a $39 a night room. Please beware, if you buy into this it is not the end and they dont go away, they will call you at home with upgrade deals, and when you make a reservation they will call wanting you to do their "Owner Update" and yes,they will call your cell phone!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank unhappytraveler01
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We originally booked another timeshare hotel about 6 weeks before our arrival. The week of our stay, we get a call that that resort was still under construction and that we were to be moved to Tahiti village.

I arrive in the early afternoon, where I am greeted by a friendly reception staff (on the right). I am a timeshare owner who swapped out from another location to visit LV. After checking in a woman with plastic lai beads and a hawaiian shirt approaches me and starts asking me rapid fire questions, am I an owner am I the only owner, how long am I staying etc.? This was all in an attempt to get me to tour the current property.Now after being on a plan for 6 hours I'm was a little disconbomlated (sp?) and could have done without that, she stops after I show some disinterest and I press on to my rooom.

Our rooms (i had two of the smallest units) were in building 5. I had to walk out of the main part, around the pool and to the back of then property past the outdoor grills.

Building 5 has a concerige desk in it (I'm assuming all the buliding do). Becareful these people are here to assist but to also get you to take a tour. You can tell this place is brand new, its beautiful. Got to the room, it was clean, had flat screens in both the living room and bedrooms, and a radio (that is hidden) in the living room. In the small unt there is no stove, but there was a microwave, toaster, sink, mini fridge, silverware and dishwashing liquid. We fit 3 girls (ages 26-35) in each room quite comfortably. They only clean once a week but will happily give you more towels, soap and remove any trash you've accumlated. We didn't care too much for a view, as we mainly slept most of the time we were in the room.

The hotel doesn't have wifi (seriously) but Denny's does and i was able to pick up Denny's wifi from our room on the 4th floor of tower 5.

There is a shuttle that takes you to then strip, and for the most part it was timely. Something to note, you have to the desk to get a shuttle pass which is good for everyone one in your party. If you plan to split up then get a shuttle pass for everyone.

The resort is across the street from what I like to call "a paired down" outlet mall. Its a good place to go if you need something quick and dirty or want a cheap meal at the food court, but it wasn't the outlet mall I was expecting. Stores included, Coach, Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Sean John, a bunch of shoe stores. There is a sprint store, and a bunch of fast food places in this area.

I took a cab (about $10 with traffic one way, $3.30 base then what a .25 every 1/8 miile) to the Food for Less grocery store. This grocery store is a combination costco (bj's, sams club)/regular grocery store/liquor store. There is also a CVS located here.

All in all good experience, lovely place I'd recommend.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank lnj4boogie
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We just returned from our stay at this resort for the second year in a row and had a great experience. We have gone to Las Vegas for three years in a row now because my husband attends the Sema show for business. The second year out in Las Vegas we bought a timeshare at Tahiti.
We chose to stay at Tahiti Village just because it is newer and located on the main strip just past the "big hotels" a little further down.
I have no complaints with our stay. The rooms are very spacious, the bathroom in the one bedroom is very nice with a whirlpool tub, the kitchens are very up to date and the whole unit was very clean. As far as the service the housekeeping staff was extremely prompt in all our requests including requesting more towels, towel pick up, trash removal, bringing more saundries when requested and so on. I have no compaints very friendly staff and love the fact that if you are not there to gamle and smell smoke every minute this resort gives a definite feel of a more tropical setting. We had a great time!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business