I stayed at Tahiti Village from August 19-20, 2013. I had a one bedroom Bora Bora suite with a view of the main pool in building 2 which was beautiful inside because of all the amenities. It has a full kitchen, washer and dryer which was difficult to operate at first. I had to have maintenance show me how to operate it. The pull out couch was a little dated, but overall the okay. The bed sheets were of good quality and pillows very comfortable. The Air conditioning is very good. Vegas had over 100 degree weather all week. I loved the Jacuzzi bathtub and the steam shower. The sofa bed mattress is thin and springy.
Service was very good. I arrived early about 1:30 in the afternoon and was given a room in an hour. The guy at the front desk was very accommodating as I asked for a room with a pool view which I received. My impression was that if a room is available that has your desires they will give it to you. Building 2 was closer to the Wiki Wiki store and lobby and pool so this location was fine to me. Housekeeping responded quickly to my requests for extra paper, laundry detergent, extra blanket, etc. (which the resort provides for free--just call housekeeping and ask for some).
I found the food at Tahiti Joe's to be very good despite the reviews here stating otherwise. The menu is limited, but everything I ordered was fresh and good. They have amazingly good French fries-delicious! The Supreme Pizza is made to order, fresh and absolutely delicious. I did not eat at the Denny's.
The grounds at the resort are just beautiful with a tropical feel. The resort itself is very big and requires some walking to get to the lazy river (which I did not try) and the adults only hot tub. My only disappointment is that this resort is definitely a family-oriented resort. If you prefer a more adult resort, this resort is not for you. The resort is loaded with kids of all ages who are in the pools all day, every day. It is more like a kid's resort with adult supervision. Kids are everywhere all the time so adult alone time is not possible. All the activities are aimed for children. The main pool closes at 10:00 pm and thins out around 6:00 pm to about 7:30 pm which is when most parents took their kids for dinner. It is only during dinner time that the pool has less kids in it and adults can enjoy it without kids all over the pool. The adult hot tub sometimes has teens in it at night because its stays open 24 hours. A call to the front desk will get a security officer to make them leave.
So if you are a family with kids, this is a beautiful resort in which to stay. But if you are an adult or couple who prefer not to be surrounded with kids 24-7, this is not the place to stay. I prefer an all adult or mostly adult resort therefore I will not stay at Tahiti Village again when in Vegas. But it is a beautiful resort for families, and I would recommend it for families only (unless you are single or a couple and like being around tons of kids all the time, you may enjoy the beauty of the resort) but it was not for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahiti Village Resort & Spa includes three multi-unit residential towers framing a lushly landscaped courtyard with a sand- entry pool, two hot tubs (one exclusively for adults), and a relaxing lazy river. Spacious guest suites range from 580 square feet to more than 1,500 square feet and offer numerous amenities. Among these are private bedrooms in every unit and full kitchens in select suites. Tahiti Village has daily activities for the entire family, a weekly summer luau, an onsite bar and bistro (17° South Booze & Bites, a full-service spa (Mahana Spa), two separate barbecue facilities, a 24-hour fitness center, and a laundry facility. A complimentary Strip shuttle operates daily and makes stops at the top and bottom of the hour at two hotel-casinos. There is also shuttle service to downtown Las Vegas, a bus tour to Red Rock Canyon, and a supermarket shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tahiti Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Village Vegas
- Tahiti Village Las Vegas Nv
- Tahiti Village Hotel Las Vegas
- Tahitti Village
- Tahiti Village Resort Las Vegas
- Tahitian Village Las Vegas