“2nd time at Tahiti Village”
Review of Tahiti Village

Tahiti Village
Ranked #33 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We are owners at the Tahiti Village & just spent out 2nd week there & I am looking forward the the 3rd. We were not bothered at all by the salespeople. When we checked in & were given our welcome package, they asked & I said I would let them know. We never heard another word from anyone. Each time we go to Vegas, we learn more about the city, same goes about the village. They do have a shuttle, but the city bus is close & you can also catch the Duce. We never rent a car & I am too cheap to take a cab except coming & going to the airport. You are away form the strip, but it is much more relaxing. Vegas is not really a relaxing place to visit, but there is a very nice pool that is open form 8am till 10 pm. There is also a hot tub that is open 24 hrs. I spend hours in the pool. Talked to some of the liveguards. They are very nice young people. Some are full time students & work several hours there. I got their thoughts on lots of the shows. I am looking forward to when the new section is open. It will have the lazy river. Denny's & Tahiti Joes are located on the same propert. I would be happy to answer any questions if I can. I did ready something in a review of a different resort about smoking. AT the Tahiti Village you are allowed to smoke in the room on the 6th floor. If you are a smoker, you need to ask. Some fo the rules the hotel or resorts are city rules, not just theirs. We did have a nice time & I will go back. I am an owner & will return instead of trade. Thanks Marilyn

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mkb607
Write a ReviewReviews (2,881)

Reviewed June 8, 2008

My husband and I booked a week with Tahiti Village as a trade with Interval. We did not arrive until the 4th night of our week as we didn't want to spend a full week in Vegas, however, we had to use a week before it expired. We are Marriott owners of Desert Ridge in Phoenix, however, their Vegas property was not available when we needed to go and Tahiti Village looked nice enough as I looked through the various availabilities online with Interval. However, we were left a bit dissapointed. If Tahiti Village wants to compete with the likes of Marriott, Hyatt, etc. they will need to make some changes. We felt as if they focused more on trucking in (and yes -- it was truly trucking -- I've never seen so many busses of people) would be "buyers" then those that were actually staying at the resort. Don't get me wrong, they were friendly enough, but the service we are used to just wasn't there and the accomodations, while supposedly new, were left in a bit of disrepair.

The first night we were put into a smoking room without really realizing it, as it was after midnight by the time we arrived. We thought it smelled a bit off, but decided just to go to bed. We were woken by a very large cload of smoke and smell coming from the lock-off door (we were in the lock-off side)! We had booked a non-smoking room w/ a view -- we got the view, but not the non-smoking room. They didn't even ask at check in if this was okay. I suspect that most non-smokers would forgo the view for clean air -- we are certainly in this group! They were able to move us to a new room that morning at least.

I had to bring my laptop with me for a bit of work and was irritated to learn that I would have to pay $9.99 for 24 hours -- serioulsy, how expensive is internet! Very rarely have we had to pay for internet in the last several years at hotels and never once at a timeshare. Seems like a pretty "cheap" way to make an extra buck -- not exactly an amenity if you have to pay for it!

We noted in our 1st room that the baseboards were pretty beat up already and that most of the furnishings were also in pretty rough shape. Yes, that is pretty nick-picky, but for a new property, I'm afraid to see what it will look like in a couple years -- this has never been an issue w/ Marriott type propertys-- probably because the quality of their furnishings is nicer to begin with.

The bathroom also had issues, specifically the shower / bathtub. The shower head leaked and the bathtub had a crack / hole in it that if left for any length of time would definitely invite water damage under the tub. I would think that if you were trying to sell timeshares, that you'd take better care of your facilities.

We visitited Tahit Joe's for lunch and were also dissapointed there. We were left at the hostess stand for at least 15 minutes, and finally gave up and sat at the bar. The waitress there was nice enough, but too busy to much bother with us. We had to ask to finally get our lunch order taken, even though she had handed us menus (after we asked for those). When we finally received our order, at least it was tasty. However, they could certainly learn how to speed up their service and employ enough people to wait on the guests that are there. Again, nothing drastic, but its often the details that make great hotel lines, great.

To end, no -- we would never stay there again due to the number of issues we faced: individually none were a big deal, but all together enough to deter us from staying there again. However, we can see where its mostly just a new property that needs to work out various kinks. If they want to compete with the larger properties and the more popular timeshares, they will need to pay closer attention to the details or risk being labeled as a low-end hotel / timeshare provider.

A few nice points: Never once were we harrassed to attend a timeshare presentation (BIG PLUS to us) and also the location of the property. It is technically on the strip, however is still 3 miles to closest big name -- Mandalay Bay. This may be a negative to some, but it was nice to be away from the glitz/glam except when we wanted to be there. Also, as it is very close to the highway, were were able to get out of town quickly on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heathersap
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We bought into this time share while in Vegas in 2006. We stayed there October 2007. It is absolutely amazing! The lazy river was not opened when we stayed there, they are still building but the place is a must see. It was top knotch all the way - inside and out.

The nice thing is if you don't use it one year - you can bank your week and use 2 weeks another time. You can use it at any Consolidated Resorts anywhere in the world. This places puts Sandals Regency in St. Lucia to shame.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunworshipper2
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We went thru the presentation before the hotel was completed but were completely turned-off by there style.We did pay extra $100 for a hotel upgrade on there offer.(which was fine) Unless you really enjoy the time-share idea and wish to invest beware of this"invitation". They have a very scripted presentation and interview by several salesman who put the screws to you.

Stayed: January 2006
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We arrived in Vegas on Wednesday May 14th and we are staying at the Tahiti Village Resort. I am a timeshare owner and traded one of my weeks to a two bedroom lock off I did this because this was what was available at the time.
Day 1: We rented a car from the airport which is pretty simple from McCarren. All the rental cars are under one roof now so you take a white bus which has all the rental car names on it and are delivered to the car company. It's one big building and very easy to figure out. We rented from Budget
since I am a fastbreak member there which means you fill out your information online so it saves you time at the car place. Just look for your name and find your car and drive away. That simple. If you are renting a car and going to TV when you leave the rental agency you take three rights and you are there.
Simple. The last right you take is Las Vegas Blvd and TV is on your right hand side. My first impression was that it doesn't look as big as it said it was. It is on the strip, on one side is an empty lot which I guess they are expanding to and the other is a place called Manor hotel which looks kind of dumpy.
Another reviewer had mentioned that if you call ahead and ask for a room overlooking the pool or the strip you won't end up looking at the motel. I did do this and was granted a room on the 6th floor (this is high as this particular building goes) and a view of the pool. Our room is 1612/1612A. Check in was simple we got here about 3:30 our room was ready. If you walk in the front door to your left is the timeshare people and concierge and to the right is the registration desk. They took a credit card number for incidentals but I have had this happen everywhere I stay so no biggie. We went to the concierge to pick up our welcome packet (this is where they get you to sign up) since I am
an owner (not here but a timeshare owner in general) they did not press me to see their "owners tour" You do want
to go to this desk though because this is where you get your maps and coupons and your goodie bag (razor,
toothpaste, antacid, aspirin, sample shampoos etc.) if you don't like that stuff I guess you can skip it. They also give you the activites paper which has the goings on of the resort listed Saturday - Friday some of the things they offer are sightseeing tours (South Rim Grand Canyon for $100 pp, Lake Mead) Field trips to Red Rock Canyon which leaves every Mon, Weds & Fri at 12:30 for $2.00 pp and a Laughlin all day tour for $10.00 on Tuesdays. For kids they have cookie decorating, arts and crafts, candy treasure hunts, create a critter, make your own sundaes and they also do morning walks 3 days a week. Gas here is currently 3.69 a gallon which is about 30 cents cheaper then were I live in upstate NY. I wish I could bring that home!
When we left the front office we had parked in the front of the building our room was located on the left
side if you were facing the building so we had to drive around to get to the elevators. One thing that I did not like is the parking situation. We were only able to park in the undercover spots once or twice. There is limited parking I will take a picture of it so you can see but the cars line the fence, maybe 40 or so spots. They are covered because the heat is pretty bad here (88 yesterday and expecting triple digets by Monday) there was one spot to be had when we first checked in so we took it. It was a bit confusing at first on where to get into the building but I am not sure if it was me or the map. I just got off a 5 1/2 hour flight and was starving so it was probably me. Anyway we found the elevators - to get into the building during the day time hours the door just opens up (from the outside coming in) but we noticed last night while it was still light out that they do lock and you have to use your key to get in which is nice at least there is a little security keeping people from just walking in. The elevators are to your right and if you look to your left they are right there. There are two of them and they are the full size ones. It is a new building so they work and they are quick. We got to the 6th floor where there are signs posted as to which way to go as to your room number. Our keys worked on both of our unit doors with no problem.
Ok now the room, since there are only two of us in this room we won't be using the lock off but I will
describe that first. When you first walk in you are in the kitchenette /living room portion of the room. It is
plenty big enough for 2 and possibly 4 if you like each other (ha) there is a 3 seat bar counter to eat on, pull out couch, chair, two end tables, closet and TV in this room along with your kitchen which has a half size fridge (no ice maker) full size sink, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and blender. It also has the plates, glasses and utensils. There is a small hallway which leads to the bathroom which has a regular bath/shower, sink and toilet. The bath and toilet are not private (there are no doors separating anthing it's all one room) At the end of the
hall way is the bedroom which has two end tables, I think a king size bed and small tv. You can access the bathroom
from the bedroom or the hallway (two doors). That is about it on the lock off. Both rooms are very clean I even looked
for issues and did not find any. I am use to having the bigger room but would not be upset with a lock off here.
The larger room is pretty much the same but well, larger. This kitchen has the full size fridge and stove
with everything you need to cook. It is actually quite beautiful with the granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. It is large enough to do what ever you want in it. There are also three stools to eat at the breakfast bar which is where I sit now to type this. This is an open air room which means no walls separating the living room dining room, kitchen areas. There is a small table for four, a pull out couch, and end table, coffee table and
entertainment center with a small tv. The washer/dryer are located in a closet off the kitchen. They are one unit
(washer/dryer combined). They have computers for the tv and a dvd player. You can get the internet for 9.99 per day which you
can use their keyboard/tv screen or bring your own laptop and plug into their plug which is located on the bottom of the entertainment center. They will provide a cord for you at the front desk for free if you do not have one and you need to bring it back to them or they will charge you. It worked fine for me. There is no free internet service at TV but I was told that the new building, that has yet to be built, will have it. There is a Denny's connected to the building which has free internet and that also works fine. There is a balcony off of the living room which has a small table with four chairs. Our room overlooks the pool and it is very pretty.
The bedroom is off the DR portion which is also plenty large enough but could use another or a bigger
dresser. The dresser where the large screen tv sits has 4 small drawers and one of them is used to house the
DVD player. There is a king size bed and it is comfortable. There are two end tables each with a drawer and a full size closet
with about 10 hangers. You can access the bathroom from the kitchen portion of the room or from the bedroom. There is a jacuzzi tub where the double sinks are and the toilet and the steam shower (note on the steam room/shower - I enjoyed it but it is very hot, becareful not to get burned by the steam nozzle, keep away from it when it is on because it will spit out hot drops of water now and then and they do hurt, the steam also creates a bit of a smell, I did not notice it the first time but I did on the 2nd and 3rd time, it didn't stop me from using it though) are in their own little room.
Our first night on the town we went to eat at Terribles on Flamingo and Paradise. We had a buy one get one
buffet coupon so we figured we would try it out. This casino is older the buffet was 9.99 so it only cost 5.00 pp
the food was only ok but worth 5.00. I recommend using any coupons you get because it is worth it unless you have
alot of money and like to just spend it. I am on the thrifty side. You do need a car to get anywhere around here
since this timeshare is located way down at the end of the strip. You CAN NOT walk to any casinos from here (not
the strip ones anyway) it is on a highway with no sidewalks for walking. Mandalay Bay is over a mile away. They
do have a shuttle that runs to Town Square, Tropicana and Treasure Island. It runs from 9 am to 11:30 pm everyday
except Fri/Sat when it runs till 2am. I will try to post a pic of the schedule.
Day 2: Went to the pool which is very nice. The lazy river is not built yet but they do have it dug out (I overheard a salesmen say August). The main pool is pretty large and does have life guards on duty. You get your towels by the pool and there is hut for drinks ranging from 7-10 dollars. There is a hot tub which was pretty hot. The hot tub is open 24 hours,
pool from 8-10pm. We had breakfast at Denny's the Grand Slam breakfast is 6.99 which gives you a choice of 4 items. It was not busy and the wifi works great there. For dinner we went to the Rio for the seafood buffet. The price is 40.00 pp but if you like seafood it is very good. They also have prime rib and
an excellent selection of deserts. We went to Albertson's to get our market stuff. It's about 3 miles down Warm Springs Road it is a full service market. There are also a couple of CVS drugstores and the Las Vegas Outlet mall is on this street. Across the street and down toward the strip is a large outside
shopping center called Towne Hall. It is brand new and has all of your designer places in it.
Day 3: We went to eat at Carnigies Deli in the Mirage - the sandwiches were huge but $$. We were looking for a food court but the Mirage does not have one. We went to a show at Danny Gans theater (Jay Leno). We visited the weight room here at Tahiti, it is on the small size it has about 8 pieces of equipment and it does look newer. They also have a sauna. For lunch we went to Tahiti Joe's and we both had the steak andwiches. They were really good and our bill was $23.00. Well worth it.
TV Has a little store attached where you can buy food (eggs, bacon etc) snacks, some clothing, pool stuff, jewerly etc. Things are a little pricey so if you can hit a market you might want to do that. There are ALOT of sales people here but we were never bothered. We were asked when we checked in and
that was that. The bad reviews that this place has gotten is mostly from the sales pitch (free vacation that you are offered) If you take those out of Trip Advisors reviews this resort would probably move up to one of the best places to stay for a timeshare resort. Check out was pretty painless also. We asked
the day before we left if we could get a late checkout and they
told us no because Wednesdays were a busy check-in day. I was kind of mad but figured I would wait till the morning.
In the morning we arranged it with the cleaning crew ourselves and got to check out about an hour later. They were fine
with it and when we did get down to the front desk no one even questioned us. We stayed by the pool the rest of the day
till our flight time. If this review sounds kind of funny I wrote it while it was happening in Las Vegas, then added to
it after I arrived home so it might look kind of strange. I apoligize for that. I have more pictures that I will post on another entry - I guess you only allowed to put on 10.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Terrijordan24
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Just go!
Great time.
Clean, big beautiful units. A grocery shuttle that leaves Monday and Thursday at 8 am. It drops you off, you get groceries and then it picks you up. Perfect. Starbucks int he same plaza. Walk 5 mins. south and there is a huge outlet mall. Take the shuttle to Town Square. Great shopping and restaurants, open air concerts too. We didn't get a car and used the shuttle every day. It was perfect. Go and get half price show tix the day of. Tahiti village does a red rock tour for $2, take it, it was fun and gets booked early. Loved the unit, no complaints, clean, new and gorgeous. they have raffles during the week, get a ticket and show up. I won $25 to use at the resort. It worked out nice. I would buy at Tahiti Village in a second. We are actually grand chateau owners on the strip but I would buy here for sure.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ninn4
Reviewed May 12, 2008

A family member of mine is an owner of a grand Tahitian suite time share and invited the rest of the family for Easter. The accomadations can be described as an apartment. The balconey with a pool view was a wonderful place to eat breakfast and for my cousin's infant to exclaim about the planes coming to and from the nearby airport. There was only one instance in the whole week where a plane disturbed the room's peace. The plasma TV is in the master bedroom, which seems odd. It would be better suited in the living room. Also be prepared to not be able to forget Alan Thick since he greets you every time you turn on the TV. The pool and hot tub are great but the pool closes at 9 sharp. The closest thing to a casino is the video poker at the bar in Tahiti Joes. Tahiti Joes has great food too. The only problem we has was getting two cribs. For the 1st two days one of the babies had to sleep in an empty suitcase. housekeeping only comes once while your there (midpoint of stay) and between guest stays. During their cleaning they put away the pull out couch and blankets and pillows. This was kind of annoying since i was sleeping there and had to remake it. Potential buyers led by salesmen swarm the hotel grounds during the day. Take the red rock canyon bus tour leaving the hotel, its a great deal. Also rent a car if you want to visit the strip. The shuttle is convienent but only stops at two hotels so its easier to rent a car and use free parking. Or take a cab if you plan on partying. You cant party here however, there is nowhere to do it.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family