My husband called in for this free vacation offer when he heard the advertisement on the radio by Tanya Roberts. He did not realize we had to sit through a possible horrible sales experience. After reading some of the bad reviews is was begging him to try and cancel but he said let's give it a try.
Well, I'm glad we stuck it out. I know some of you had a bad experience but for us it was fabulous. First of all let me say, that we followed all the rules. We are married and had 2 forms of identity with us. We lucked out all the way around. The hotel they put us at was the Las Vega Renaissance which is a Marriott property. If you look at it online, you will see that it is a fabulous hotel, clean, new, contemporary, friendly and quiet (non-gaming), which was perfect for us. It was off the stip and located by the Las Vegas Hilton/Convention Center, again, okay by us. We checked in with the Tahiti Village gal at the desk and all went smoothly. She gave us all the coupons and gifts that were promised. The next day, the very nice complimentary shuttle took us to the Village. Again, we must have gotten lucky by getting the sales rep that we did, but after we explained that we really didn't do much travelling and that we were basically only there for the free trip, he said "well this probably isn't for you, but let me just continue my presentation and show you around because it's my job to do so". And that's all he did. Again we must have gotten lucky because even when his boss came by and lowered the price of the timeshare and we told him we weren't in a financia position to purchase he said okay and left us alone. Too easy. I was relieved. We got out of there with no hassles and still had another day to enjoy ourselves. Our sales rep Sam, took us downstairs where they had our deposit credit waiting and we were on our way. Our bill at the Renaissance hotel was ZERO. There had been a $50 per day deposit put on there also but was credited upon our check out.
From what we saw, T.V. was very nice and if we were in a position to travel more we may have even bought. There were giving 12 weeks of timeshares away at different places for a low cost per week for life and other prizes like free timeshares weeks in Europe etc. But that didn't include airfare or incidentals, so I'm sure few people would even take advantage of the freebies. The condos were very very nice. But a word of caution, I wouldn't sign anything without knowing ALL the details of exactly what you're buying.
So for us it was great, for others I see it was not so great.
Hope this review helps. 3 nights at the nice hotel we stayed at probably cost $600, we stayed for free.
1 more tip if you do go, we had the shuttle drop us off at the Riveria so that we could redeem our Comedy Show coupon and then get our ticket for the show at the ticket booth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahiti Village Resort & Spa includes three multi-unit residential towers framing a lushly landscaped courtyard with a sand- entry pool, two hot tubs (one exclusively for adults), and a relaxing lazy river. Spacious guest suites range from 580 square feet to more than 1,500 square feet and offer numerous amenities. Among these are private bedrooms in every unit and full kitchens in select suites. Tahiti Village has daily activities for the entire family, a weekly summer luau, an onsite bar and bistro (17° South Booze & Bites, a full-service spa (Mahana Spa), two separate barbecue facilities, a 24-hour fitness center, and a laundry facility. A complimentary Strip shuttle operates daily and makes stops at the top and bottom of the hour at two hotel-casinos. There is also shuttle service to downtown Las Vegas, a bus tour to Red Rock Canyon, and a supermarket shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Tahiti Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Village Vegas
- Tahiti Village Las Vegas Nv
- Tahiti Village Hotel Las Vegas
- Tahitti Village
- Tahiti Village Resort Las Vegas
- Tahitian Village Las Vegas