“Bravo Mr. Popovich! You are to be commended for all of your amazing talents!”

Gregory Popovich's Comedy Pet Theater
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Popovich Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood...
Ranked #134 of 229 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The World Famous Popovich Comedy Pet Theater is a family-oriented blend of the unique comedy and juggling skills of Gregory Popovich, and the extraordinary talents of his performing pets. Each of the show's 15 cats and 10 dogs were once strays, rescued from animal shelters. Now, they love to show off onstage - by performing a variety of stunts and skits!
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I was thoroughly impressed and could not have liked the show more. As animal lovers, my family and I were not disappointed. Mr. Popovich's love for his dogs, cats, bird, duck, horse, mice etc. truly shows through!
Mr. Popovich not only rescues and trains these animals, but personally balances, juggles and performs countless other amazing feats.
Most impressive to me was the fact that he personally met the audience after the show to sign autographs and take photos as you please without even charging for doing so.
No wonder he has been seen by over a million people. If you like animals or simply want to be entertained, do not miss this show!

1  Thank laceylouise
"animal show"
"the miracle mile"
"whole family"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this show"
in 20 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 24 reviews
in 59 reviews
in 18 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter liked the show. I frankly counted the minutes until is was over. I thought the pet show at Sea World in San Diego was much better. Definitely find a way to buy the tickets at a discounted rate. We bought them at Tix4Less, but have no idea how much that saved us. I agree with what others have said about the tired sense of the show. There was no connection to the audience. I support the fact that the show advocates for adopting shelter pets instead of buying animals from breeders, but I wonder about the longevity of this show. The theater is small and dingy, and the staff couldn't be less interested in their jobs.

2  Thank 3Magpies
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I'd like to start by first I appreciate the fact that Mr. Popovich has rescued stray animals and can train them to do animal tricks, but way too many negatives. I was traveling with wife and 3 kids (18, 10, and 6)

Price was ok because I paid $12/pp through Groupon.

I did not pay the extra $20 for VIP so I had GA tickets. The line starting forming 90 mins before the show. The doors were to open 30 mins before the performance, it was closer to 15 mins before the show.

Seating was a free for all as people had waited 90 mins in line they wanted to pick their seats in the GA section. Ushers forced you to move to the end of the row which had many people upset as they waited in line to secure better seats. Due to the lateness of the doors opening, many people were still being ushered in for the first 15 mins of the show. Besides the smell that has been mentioned in other reviews, the sight lines for a child are difficult. They should offer seat boosters.

Human Tricks
I actually felt bad for the guy. Many of his juggling acts he dropped the objects that he was juggling. At one point my wife asked is that suppose to happen? The jump rope act was pretty good.

Animal Tricks
It was more about the animals being cute then it was about the tricks. Having a dog roll over or have a cat jump on a dogs back happens every day in our house. I was expecting more.

Bottom line is if you need to burn a couple hours in Vegas, can get really cheap tickets, and brought young kids with you, then this show might work. Otherwise, take the money and go see a better Vegas show.

2  Thank keshaffer
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Everything about this whole experience was a nightmare. The venue was old and scary, the costumes were rags (not sure if this was intended but I think not) the animals seemed frightened and Mr Popovich was non-engaging and mechanical. I was so disturbed by it that I walked out for fifteen minutes then came back and offered my mother $100 to leave (which she took)

There are so many better shows to spend money on in Vegas, I agree that this is supporting homeless animals but it needs a serious makeover.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
5  Thank Jennifer N
See more reviews
Reviewed November 16, 2013

There was a surprising amount of acts that didn't include animals in the "pet theater". The cats and dogs were cute and it was a feat to watch one man control 10+ animals on a stage at one time.

The staff running the theater are SLOW. This show was the longest wait of any show we visited to get in, and the small theater was just over half full. The seating staff seemed to be not very enthusiastic either. There's a story about a clown who loses his job that's the backbone of the show, but I just wanted to see more cats and dogs instead.

3  Thank Bluesweatshirt