“Fun! Old World Charm.”

and up
Popovich Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino
Ranked #108 of 222 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The World Famous Popovich Comedy Pet Theater is a family-oriented blend of the unique comedy and juggling skills of Gregory Popovich, and the extraordinary talents of his performing pets. Each of the show's 15 cats and 10 dogs were once strays, rescued from animal shelters. Now, they love to show off onstage - by performing a variety of stunts and skits!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun! Old World Charm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I just saw the show. We really liked it. I liked the fact that it was partly animal tricks and partly human acrobatics. The only way to explain the show is that it has a European flair to it. It was a very enjoyable evening. I even got to shake Mr. Popovichs hand after the show. I also like the fact that he rescues animals and trains them to perform in the show. Bravo!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Amanda H

Los Angeles, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“As seen on America's Got Telent ...and then some!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We saw this show in December 2012.

For us this turned out to be a happy accident. We had gotten free tickets to another show and the lady how gave us the ticket told us to hurry over right away. We saw a line, got in it and they whisked us in and sat us down. We were half way through the show when we realized we were in the wrong show. I approached an employee and they said to stay and enjoy the show as our show was in the same theater after this one and it was their mistake for not checking the ticket before they sat us.

Even though we got the show for free I think it would have been worth the ticket price. The animals were amazingly well trained and the human performers were good and also funny. Besides the animal tricks there was some juggling, acrobatics and comedy. The show followed a story line throughout and was not just simply one act after another og unrelated material.

HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 4. EVERY young child in the audience was done after 10-15 minutes and they cried and fussed and wanted out. I saw several parents had to take the child out because they were being too disruptive and MANY who SHOULD HAVE taken their child out but did not. This was bad for the child, bad for the parents and bad for the audience near them...wait a little so they can enjoy it....they did not understand the storyline or get the jokes, which was vital to enjoying the show past 15 minutes.

For families with kids 4 years old and up I think you will really enjoy the show and it was appropriate, no bad language, nothing 'sorted'.

GOOD NOTE: All the animals in the show were rescued from an animal shelter; they have dogs, cats, rats, ducks and a couple of parrots.

If you have general admission tickets plan to come about 45 minutes before the show to line up in order to get the best possible seats. There is a fee to upgrade to assigned seating.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank rblbab
Meridian, Idaho
“Good mix of entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Others complained that it was not all animal tricks, but the balancing, juggling and acrobatics were very impressive, and I think all animal tricks would've gotten old. I think they did the interspersing of other circus faire very well. We took our 8 and 10-year-old, and they thoroughly enjoyed it and are ready to try their hand at training our cat, so we bought the "How to Train Your Cats at Home" DVD. I appreciate that there is one circus show I can feel good taking my kids to see. We don't go to other circuses, because of their bad reputations in how they treat animals. I, also appreciate (as Sal M said) that Popovich doesn't force them to do unnatural things, but capitalizes on their quirks and strengths. Apparently, some of the other reviewers are either professional animal trainers themselves, or just don't like animals that much, because we loved this show and were very impressed! Saw it at Morrison Center in Boise

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The pets are funny but a lot are his tricks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really a family type show in Vegas. Cute sets and he does a good job. Something for the kids in the afternoon.

Visited November 2012
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Needs a new locale”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The show is okay. I appreciate the fact that he capitalizes on what the animals like to do (rather than forcing them through a flaming hoop the size of a pinkie ring). My favorite part of the show was the strangest--a woman who can seemingly change clothes quickly; it didn't fit the rest of the show and it was so odd, but I think that's why I liked it.

Now, what I hated. The theater. And the management. I got my tickets early, so I wouldn't have to wait on line. Then I showed up about thirty minutes early with my nephew and 3 kids. We had to wait in line to get in. By the time we got to the front of the line the show had started. We had to find our own seats (there's no assigned seating unless you're VIP) in the dark. We were lucky, others less so. Some of the seats are behind columns. One woman and a young girl had to stand until 3/4 of the way through the show someone finally brought her a chair. Why not make it assigned seating to avoid this mess? It would cut down on the ridiculous wait in line as well. I will never ever see another show in this theater again. It just didn't make any sense. Save yourself the hassle and go rescue a pet instead.

2 Thank Sal M