“Needs a new locale”

and up
Popovich Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino
Ranked #108 of 224 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The World Famous Popovich Comedy Pet Theater is a family-oriented blend of the unique comedy and juggling skills of Gregory Popovich, and the extraordinary talents of his performing pets. Each of the show's 15 cats and 10 dogs were once strays, rescued from animal shelters. Now, they love to show off onstage - by performing a variety of stunts and skits!
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Needs a new locale”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The show is okay. I appreciate the fact that he capitalizes on what the animals like to do (rather than forcing them through a flaming hoop the size of a pinkie ring). My favorite part of the show was the strangest--a woman who can seemingly change clothes quickly; it didn't fit the rest of the show and it was so odd, but I think that's why I liked it.

Now, what I hated. The theater. And the management. I got my tickets early, so I wouldn't have to wait on line. Then I showed up about thirty minutes early with my nephew and 3 kids. We had to wait in line to get in. By the time we got to the front of the line the show had started. We had to find our own seats (there's no assigned seating unless you're VIP) in the dark. We were lucky, others less so. Some of the seats are behind columns. One woman and a young girl had to stand until 3/4 of the way through the show someone finally brought her a chair. Why not make it assigned seating to avoid this mess? It would cut down on the ridiculous wait in line as well. I will never ever see another show in this theater again. It just didn't make any sense. Save yourself the hassle and go rescue a pet instead.

2 Thank Sal M

Cardiff, United Kingdom
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to this show as I'm a sucker for anything with animals but I have to say I was really disappointed. The theatre was freezing for a start so that didn't help but although the animals were cute and very clever, the whole show was way too long and to be honest, pretty boring. I can't reccommend it as I wouldn't go to see it again.

1 Thank Mandy1402
Oswego, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very disappointed in this show!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I took our 2 ten years olds to this show last week. We new it wasn't going to be an extravagant show by any means, but it was really a let down. The show is very outdated, and once you see an animal push a cart, etc, you don't need to see it again and again. I thought it would be like the dogs who were recently on "Americas Got Talent" but not even close. My kids thought it was cute but I could tell they weren't to impressed. I would save the money. Popovich seemed like a nice person but he needs to update the act.

Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Cute show”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is an afternoon show that is very appropriate for the kids, or if you like seeing animals performing little tricks and such (which is why we went). Oddly, I was expecting more animal tricks and less acrobatics than what the show really is. It is not the best afternoon show in Vegas, but it is good and the kids will certainly like it.

1 Thank Peter B
Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Kids will love it”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had heard a lot about this show and got a deal from Living Social for discount tix for two of us. We exchanged our voucher for tickets from the box office, and got in line about 3:15 for a 4pm show. We did not upgrade to the VIP tickets and I'm glad we didn't. Where we sat we could see perfectly well, and the entire theatre is not that large. We had thought this show would be all about the animals, but it included other circus type stunts like juggling, balancing on cylinders, etc. It was mildly entertaining for us, two old fogeys, killing time in the afternoon, and visiting without children. Glad we had the discount.

Visited October 2012