“Reaveled: Toni Braxton Can't Sing !”

Toni Braxton: Revealed
Ranked #169 of 223 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Reaveled: Toni Braxton Can't Sing !”
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I was unaware of reviews prior to seeing Toni Braxtons show, big mistake. I was a big fan of Toni Braxton prior to seeing her. Ms Braxton should be ashamed and The Flamingo needs to explain why they extended such a terrible show. Toni Braxton didn't seem to know the words of her songs, she mumbled most words, asked audience members on stage to sing for her and at the start of the show blames the microphone for her poor sound and brings out her Diva million dollar microphone...well she didn't get better. Toni ends the show with her biggest hit "Unbreak My Heart" and puts the microphone toward the audience to sing. She shamelessly sits on older mens laps for photo ops which for the small fee of $21 can be bought after the show. You pay for this show or the photos you definitely got [--] , remember prostitution is legal in Vegas, so I guess that is how this show continues.

9 Thank JDLowell

NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice Billboard, But That's About It!”
Reviewed January 10, 2008

I saw the show soon after it opened, and then again six months later. Unfortunately , it had deteriorated tremendously into excuse-making (for not being able to sing due to the dry weather) and non-stop photo-ops and flirty mingling with male audience members desperately wanting Toni captured on their laps.

Who does she think she's kidding with this tasteless filler?

When the show initially opened, she include PLEASE from her LIBRA album. Only a snippet, however, like the bits-and-song fragments she pseudo sings while stringing along with the audience.

I was later informed by a photographer at the MGM, that Toni gets a sizeable piece from each photo. Well, she must be making a mint from this show - and without having to sing one entire song!

It's also interesting to note that she was recently being sued by her costume designer for money owed. Yet, if it wasn't for her costume changes, exceptionally talented dancers, and fine musicians, there'd be nothing to compliment.

I saw her on Broadway in Aida. Years back, she had more vocal ability, but nothing like the original, Heather Hedley.

Too bad she's really only an enhanced studio voice.
A SHOW NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BRAXTON FANS!

4 Thank VegasViewer
san diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Toni, stop making excuses for not audible!”
Reviewed December 23, 2007

I had read these reviews before I went to see Toni. I hoped she would be better than what I was reading in the reviews. She wasn't. She didn't sing very much, and when she did, you couldn't hear her. She kept making excuses for not being heard (it's the microphone). Then they brought her out a diamond studded "super microphone." It didn't help her. Then in another excuse making moment, she said she was breathless from the dancing. She repeatedly asked the audience to help her sing her songs. My question is this--what are we paying to hear? I will say that her band was excellent as were the dancers. In fact, the high point of the evening for me was the violinist.
But, if you are going to hear Toni Braxton sing, you are wasting your money.

7 Thank beRealSanDiego
quebec city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Forget the show and buy a CD instead”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

This was a terrible show. Toni Braxton is a mediocre dancer but even worse, she has no voice (or didn't have a voice the night that we saw the show). At first we thought that she was having microphone problems, but no, that was her voice !! I think that she sepnt more time talking to the audience (asking about birthdays, sitting on men's laps, etc ) than she did singing.

I still enjoy hearing Toni Braxton on the radio from time to time. So forget the show (you'll save yourself a whole bunch of money) and go buy a CD instead.

5 Thank chic-choc
Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth your money”
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I saw Toni perform her show last May and did not expect much. Still I was very disappointed. I agree with all the people who say all she does is let the audience sing her songs and just sits too much on mens laps. I didn't travel all the way from Europe to see and hear this!!

I am not a Toni fan but I do like her songs and actually expected to hear her sing the songs. I was not interested in knowing how it feels to hold a 1 Million dollar microphone or listening members of the audience sing her songs.

The show didn't last for more than 80 minutes + she started before everybody was in. The ushers were really slow and unpolite. The waitresses kept on carrying people's drinks and blocking the view even after the show had started.The theatre is really not suitable for a show like this, it is more like a night club. Mind you, Toni was like a sleazy night club singer/stripper so maybe it was just the right setting for her.

I will keep on listening to her CD:s but will never again go see her live. I'm just glad I saw Celine the night AFTER Toni. Now that was a great show with actual singing!

7 Thank Kosmo_FIN