“Everything at your fingertips”

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at the Skylofts over the 4th of July and it was one of the best rooms I have stayed in while in Las Vegas. You are welcomed at the airport, never handle a bag, and move quickly to your room. Service is outstanding and what you would expect from this type of room. Luxury, service, access and comfort are what this room is all about. I am not a big fan of the MGM as whole but the Skylofts are some of the best rooms in Las Vegas. The butler and concierge service that come with the Skylofts are some of the best I have experienced. There is almost nothing they can not do in an hour. One of the things I love about the Skylofts is you can be spontaneous in Las Vegas and they will take care of most details for you. Want a reservation at the best restaurant in the MGM in the next 15 minutes, just call your concierge.

Room Tip: Have your casino host book your room and start making your arrival arrangements. Service is what you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us over 4th of July last summer! Although we have very luxurious and spacious rooms, what we really pride ourselves on is our service. Our Butlers and Concierge are here to pamper our guests in every way possible to make the experience unique and memorable. Our staff is very knowledgeable and puts the whole city right at your finger tips. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Skylofts at MGM Grand

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Luxury, Service and Comfort - this is the place to stay in Vegas. Pricey but if you can afford it, the amenities and service will make up for the price. The 2-bedroom, 3000 sq ft rooms are the most amazing with 3 living rooms and B&O electronics in each room. I've stayed in every hotel in vegas and most of the suites...nothing compares.

Room Tip: Several options and room views are available, make sure to coordinate that
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike S
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit at SKYLOFTS! We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

One of the few places we've stayed where you are treated like family over a guest! From start to finish the staff placed the bar for professionalism and making the trip/visit as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iuswimr

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in pampering each and every one of our guests and making everyone feel like they are a part of our SKYLOFTS family. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the SkyLofts this past week and LOVED every second of it. First off I was picked up at the airport by Rolls Royce Ghost which was pretty amazing. You have everyone looking at you as you leave the airport until you arrive at the hotel. Once I got to the hotel I was taken up to my loft in a private elevator, which I loved since I hate waiting on them and stopping on every floor. I got to my room and was greeted by my butler; He was AWESOME by the way. They even have a list of pillows you can choose from. I ate breakfast at the Mansion and it was incredible. I highly recommend eating there if you get the chance to. I and my friends wanted to go see the strip in a limo and guess what they had it done and ready in no time. The room service is amazing as well, we ordered dinner in the loft one night and I must say it was better than eating out at a restaurant. I had a problem with the main remote not working by the way “It works the whole room” I called the desk and told them about the problem and they had someone there in five minutes and had it fixed for me. I go to Vegas a lot and the SkyLofts is the best of the best. If you ever wanted to live the dream by staying in Vegas high class VIP style go to the MGM SkyLofts. I will be going back in about three months and cannot wait for that experience again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hunter P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are honored that you consider us "the best of the best"! Our guests always enjoy the Mansion breakfast experience and our pillow menu (which lists 14 different pillow offerings). We were sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with your Crestron remote, but glad that it was resolved quickly and did not disrupt your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was able to book a two bedroom Skyloft through Amex Platinum Fine Hotels and resorts. While I am a frequent visitor to MGM properties, I was unable to book directly through the hotel via my MGM Platinum Mlife card. Tip: Amex has the ability to guarantee this property and they hotel will still recognize your Mlife status and grant points/discounts.

With the Amex Fine Hotels, free breakfast was included for 4 (2 for each bedroom). This can either be a continental breakfast delivered to the room, or a much better meal at the Mansion at MGM, their private high roller restaurant. I highly recommend taking the trek downstairs as the food was pretty great.

Upon arrival at the baggage claim, we were greeted with the complimentary Rolls Royce to take us to the hotel. Strangely, the Skylofts do not have a private entrance. You are dropped off at a small office near the main entrance, but still must walk through the main reception area, through some slot machines, and to the invited guest office. You are then taken to the private elevators straight to the top of the MGM Grand.

The room itself was amazing and huge. We did not book one of the rooms with the balcony and spa, but we did have one of the two bedrooms with the full pool table. Both bedrooms were top notch, and the bathrooms were bigger than the bedrooms.

The master bedroom had the added feature of a sauna in the shower and the second bedroom had two queens, which is nice with a large group.

It is obvious that the suites are meant to host parties and get-togethers, with no less than three separate living areas for lounging or watching TV. We had 4 staying in the room and 4 more with us for 8 people total. The suite still overwhelmed our numbers and could have accommodated a party of 25 easily.

The Skylofts have wonderful butler service. The personal service is really what sets the Skylofts apart from the Skysuites at the Aria. Anything we wanted was provided. They even went out to a local pizza joint to bring in better pizza than room service provided.

I highly recommend the Skylofts. If you are going with a big group to Vegas, it really can act as the home base to gather and prepare for all the activities while you are there.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the pool table, not the foosball table.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Supermac34
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and our services! Breakfast at the Mansion is always a hit, so we are happy that you were able to experience this during your stay. Since SKYLOFTS is a "hotel within a hotel" we share a lot of space with the main MGM Grand. Our SKYLOBBY - located on the ground level, serves as a private area for our guests when they arrive at the hotel, need a taxi quickly, or are meeting their guests. Our LOFTS are all bi-level and are built for entertaining. The lower level has ample space for entertaining and is separate from the sleeping and personal areas on the upper level. Although the LOFTS are quite spacious and full of great amenities, it is our service that we take the most pride in. We strive to make each and every stay a memorable experience for our guests, even if that means picking up food from your restaurant outside of the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed in the 1 bedroom at Skylofts for three nights and it was worth every penny!! Our last trip we stayed in the 1 bedroom panoramic penthouse at Skysuites, although this room has a much better view than Skylofts, the service doesn't even compare. From check-in to check-out the Skylofts staff treats you like royalty. The only issues we had was with the Crestron remotes in the room but no matter what time of day we called to report the issue a technician was there and had it fixed within 5 minutes. Skylofts is by far the best hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 185erinm

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are truly honored that you consider us the "Best Hotel in Vegas"!

We sincerely apologize that the Crestron remotes gave you trouble during your stay. We strive to maintain and troubleshoot all of the devices in our LOFTS, but unfortunately technology can sometimes malfunction without warning. We are happy that the issue was quickly rectified, but thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can delve a little deeper to prevent further issues.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Skylofts at MGM Grand last week and absolutely loved it! The staff was amazing and the accommodations were superb! Our pre-arrival concierge, Noelani, was amazing and spent an exorbitant amount of time assisting with the planning of our trip, making reservations, getting show tickets, arranging daily transportation, completing our itinerary, etc. She even arranged to have a birthday cake in the room when we arrived for my husband's birthday. :) Thank you Noe!! The driver met us at airport (even called me after we landed to let me know where she was) at the luggage carousel with an i Pad with our name on it and hugged me! That hug made me feel so welcome and at-home. She carried our luggage (well, most of it...I packed a LOT, so my husband rolled two bags as well...we had way too much luggage for one person to handle :)). The car was a Rolls Royce Ghost and it was very nice (the seats even give you a massage if you want!!). The Concierge (Jim I think was his name) checked us in in our loft. He was very nice. Ted, our afternoon/evening Butler, was unbelievably kind, helpful and attentive. He was simply amazing! He gave us a tour of our loft and showed us how to use the remotes and Infinity tub. My husband did not pack any Polo shirts for the warm weather, so Ted was very kind and purchased some shirts for him on our first night. Thank you Ted! He also ensured our bar/ice was re-stocked each day with our requested items and always left us a sweet treat (amazing chocolates!) each evening. He also asked if there was any special snacks we preferred to have in our room. The housekeeping staff was superb and asked us if we had any special requests when we saw them!! Housekeeping comes twice daily. Thank you housekeeping! I slept better than I have in years (I must find out the kind of bed it was because I need to buy one!! I have major back/neck problems, so I've never been able to find a bed that works for me. That is, until my stay at Skylofts!). The concierge staff was all very friendly and helpful. Thank you Concierge! The bellmen at Skylofts and doormen in the Skylobby were very helpful and courteous. Thank you! The loft was beautiful and we loved that we could control everything, including the televisions, music, lighting, drapery, etc. with the remote in each room. There were tons of movies to watch as well. There was an espresso/coffee machine in the room. We tried to make coffee with the machine and it didn't turn out very well. We weren't sure if we were doing something wrong, but we gave up on it and just ordered carafes of coffee each morning. The coffee was delicious! The Infinity spa tub was so relaxing and the shower was perfect (best hotel showers I've experienced!)! My husband tried out the sauna and he loved it. We stayed in a two-bedroom loft with two full bathrooms, a 1/2 bath powder room downstairs, a billiard table and view of the mountains. It was perfect! The in-room dining food, served at the dining table in the room, was delectable. The Craftsteak and Avenue Cafe restaurants were also wonderful!! Our first morning, as a guest of Skylofts, we were invited to eat breakfast at "The Mansion." (This was pre-arranged by Noe before our trip) It was beautiful and the food and service was second to none. The MGM buffet was average in my opinion...not very many chicken options and I couldn't find any dinner rolls/bread (maybe an oversight on my part), but my husband loved it! We both tried the prime rib which was very tasty, but if you like it medium well like we do, make sure you have the cook put your piece on the grill to cook it more, as it was pretty rare in our opinions. The desserts were really good. :) And, on the last night, we saw David Copperfield at the Hollywood Theater. That was awesome! I still can't figure out how he pulled off those magic tricks, and he did one right in front of us! The casino is huge, and we very much enjoyed playing Blackjack, Roulette and the Wheel of Fortune slots. I even hit 1,000 (most you could win on this particular slot) on my last day! I highly recommend staying at Skylofts at MGM Grand. The entire staff pampered us; they were very respectful, courteous, attentive and helpful. This is by far the best hotel I've stayed at, and I've stayed at some very nice hotels. This was our first time in Vegas, and if I had my way, we would have stayed a couple more weeks!! We will definitely recommend Skylofts to all our friends and will stay there again when we visit Vegas in the future.

Room Tip: Skylofts are a 5-diamond boutique hotel on the top floor of the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. We re...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather K

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so delighted to hear about how much your enjoyed your stay with us! I'll be sure that Noe and Ted are recognized for their outstanding efforts throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on making every guest's stay a memorable experience so we are just thrilled that you would consider us the best hotel that you have every stayed at. What an honor!

In regards to our bed, the mattress is a California King Serta Presidential Pillow-top.

Lastly, congratulations on your big slot win! How exciting! Certainly a great way to cap off your trip!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!