“Best Stay Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Best Stay Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the SkyLofts this past week and LOVED every second of it. First off I was picked up at the airport by Rolls Royce Ghost which was pretty amazing. You have everyone looking at you as you leave the airport until you arrive at the hotel. Once I got to the hotel I was taken up to my loft in a private elevator, which I loved since I hate waiting on them and stopping on every floor. I got to my room and was greeted by my butler; He was AWESOME by the way. They even have a list of pillows you can choose from. I ate breakfast at the Mansion and it was incredible. I highly recommend eating there if you get the chance to. I and my friends wanted to go see the strip in a limo and guess what they had it done and ready in no time. The room service is amazing as well, we ordered dinner in the loft one night and I must say it was better than eating out at a restaurant. I had a problem with the main remote not working by the way “It works the whole room” I called the desk and told them about the problem and they had someone there in five minutes and had it fixed for me. I go to Vegas a lot and the SkyLofts is the best of the best. If you ever wanted to live the dream by staying in Vegas high class VIP style go to the MGM SkyLofts. I will be going back in about three months and cannot wait for that experience again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hunter P
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are honored that you consider us "the best of the best"! Our guests always enjoy the Mansion breakfast experience and our pillow menu (which lists 14 different pillow offerings). We were sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with your Crestron remote, but glad that it was resolved quickly and did not disrupt your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

SKYLOFTS Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was able to book a two bedroom Skyloft through Amex Platinum Fine Hotels and resorts. While I am a frequent visitor to MGM properties, I was unable to book directly through the hotel via my MGM Platinum Mlife card. Tip: Amex has the ability to guarantee this property and they hotel will still recognize your Mlife status and grant points/discounts.

With the Amex Fine Hotels, free breakfast was included for 4 (2 for each bedroom). This can either be a continental breakfast delivered to the room, or a much better meal at the Mansion at MGM, their private high roller restaurant. I highly recommend taking the trek downstairs as the food was pretty great.

Upon arrival at the baggage claim, we were greeted with the complimentary Rolls Royce to take us to the hotel. Strangely, the Skylofts do not have a private entrance. You are dropped off at a small office near the main entrance, but still must walk through the main reception area, through some slot machines, and to the invited guest office. You are then taken to the private elevators straight to the top of the MGM Grand.

The room itself was amazing and huge. We did not book one of the rooms with the balcony and spa, but we did have one of the two bedrooms with the full pool table. Both bedrooms were top notch, and the bathrooms were bigger than the bedrooms.

The master bedroom had the added feature of a sauna in the shower and the second bedroom had two queens, which is nice with a large group.

It is obvious that the suites are meant to host parties and get-togethers, with no less than three separate living areas for lounging or watching TV. We had 4 staying in the room and 4 more with us for 8 people total. The suite still overwhelmed our numbers and could have accommodated a party of 25 easily.

The Skylofts have wonderful butler service. The personal service is really what sets the Skylofts apart from the Skysuites at the Aria. Anything we wanted was provided. They even went out to a local pizza joint to bring in better pizza than room service provided.

I highly recommend the Skylofts. If you are going with a big group to Vegas, it really can act as the home base to gather and prepare for all the activities while you are there.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the pool table, not the foosball table.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Supermac34
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and our services! Breakfast at the Mansion is always a hit, so we are happy that you were able to experience this during your stay. Since SKYLOFTS is a "hotel within a hotel" we share a lot of space with the main MGM Grand. Our SKYLOBBY - located on the ground level, serves as a private area for our guests when they arrive at the hotel, need a taxi quickly, or are meeting their guests. Our LOFTS are all bi-level and are built for entertaining. The lower level has ample space for entertaining and is separate from the sleeping and personal areas on the upper level. Although the LOFTS are quite spacious and full of great amenities, it is our service that we take the most pride in. We strive to make each and every stay a memorable experience for our guests, even if that means picking up food from your restaurant outside of the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed in the 1 bedroom at Skylofts for three nights and it was worth every penny!! Our last trip we stayed in the 1 bedroom panoramic penthouse at Skysuites, although this room has a much better view than Skylofts, the service doesn't even compare. From check-in to check-out the Skylofts staff treats you like royalty. The only issues we had was with the Crestron remotes in the room but no matter what time of day we called to report the issue a technician was there and had it fixed within 5 minutes. Skylofts is by far the best hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 185erinm
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are truly honored that you consider us the "Best Hotel in Vegas"!

We sincerely apologize that the Crestron remotes gave you trouble during your stay. We strive to maintain and troubleshoot all of the devices in our LOFTS, but unfortunately technology can sometimes malfunction without warning. We are happy that the issue was quickly rectified, but thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can delve a little deeper to prevent further issues.

We look forward to your next visit!

Middlebury, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Skylofts at MGM Grand last week and absolutely loved it! The staff was amazing and the accommodations were superb! Our pre-arrival concierge, Noelani, was amazing and spent an exorbitant amount of time assisting with the planning of our trip, making reservations, getting show tickets, arranging daily transportation, completing our itinerary, etc. She even arranged to have a birthday cake in the room when we arrived for my husband's birthday. :) Thank you Noe!! The driver met us at airport (even called me after we landed to let me know where she was) at the luggage carousel with an i Pad with our name on it and hugged me! That hug made me feel so welcome and at-home. She carried our luggage (well, most of it...I packed a LOT, so my husband rolled two bags as well...we had way too much luggage for one person to handle :)). The car was a Rolls Royce Ghost and it was very nice (the seats even give you a massage if you want!!). The Concierge (Jim I think was his name) checked us in in our loft. He was very nice. Ted, our afternoon/evening Butler, was unbelievably kind, helpful and attentive. He was simply amazing! He gave us a tour of our loft and showed us how to use the remotes and Infinity tub. My husband did not pack any Polo shirts for the warm weather, so Ted was very kind and purchased some shirts for him on our first night. Thank you Ted! He also ensured our bar/ice was re-stocked each day with our requested items and always left us a sweet treat (amazing chocolates!) each evening. He also asked if there was any special snacks we preferred to have in our room. The housekeeping staff was superb and asked us if we had any special requests when we saw them!! Housekeeping comes twice daily. Thank you housekeeping! I slept better than I have in years (I must find out the kind of bed it was because I need to buy one!! I have major back/neck problems, so I've never been able to find a bed that works for me. That is, until my stay at Skylofts!). The concierge staff was all very friendly and helpful. Thank you Concierge! The bellmen at Skylofts and doormen in the Skylobby were very helpful and courteous. Thank you! The loft was beautiful and we loved that we could control everything, including the televisions, music, lighting, drapery, etc. with the remote in each room. There were tons of movies to watch as well. There was an espresso/coffee machine in the room. We tried to make coffee with the machine and it didn't turn out very well. We weren't sure if we were doing something wrong, but we gave up on it and just ordered carafes of coffee each morning. The coffee was delicious! The Infinity spa tub was so relaxing and the shower was perfect (best hotel showers I've experienced!)! My husband tried out the sauna and he loved it. We stayed in a two-bedroom loft with two full bathrooms, a 1/2 bath powder room downstairs, a billiard table and view of the mountains. It was perfect! The in-room dining food, served at the dining table in the room, was delectable. The Craftsteak and Avenue Cafe restaurants were also wonderful!! Our first morning, as a guest of Skylofts, we were invited to eat breakfast at "The Mansion." (This was pre-arranged by Noe before our trip) It was beautiful and the food and service was second to none. The MGM buffet was average in my opinion...not very many chicken options and I couldn't find any dinner rolls/bread (maybe an oversight on my part), but my husband loved it! We both tried the prime rib which was very tasty, but if you like it medium well like we do, make sure you have the cook put your piece on the grill to cook it more, as it was pretty rare in our opinions. The desserts were really good. :) And, on the last night, we saw David Copperfield at the Hollywood Theater. That was awesome! I still can't figure out how he pulled off those magic tricks, and he did one right in front of us! The casino is huge, and we very much enjoyed playing Blackjack, Roulette and the Wheel of Fortune slots. I even hit 1,000 (most you could win on this particular slot) on my last day! I highly recommend staying at Skylofts at MGM Grand. The entire staff pampered us; they were very respectful, courteous, attentive and helpful. This is by far the best hotel I've stayed at, and I've stayed at some very nice hotels. This was our first time in Vegas, and if I had my way, we would have stayed a couple more weeks!! We will definitely recommend Skylofts to all our friends and will stay there again when we visit Vegas in the future.

Room Tip: Skylofts are a 5-diamond boutique hotel on the top floor of the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. We re...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather K
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so delighted to hear about how much your enjoyed your stay with us! I'll be sure that Noe and Ted are recognized for their outstanding efforts throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on making every guest's stay a memorable experience so we are just thrilled that you would consider us the best hotel that you have every stayed at. What an honor!

In regards to our bed, the mattress is a California King Serta Presidential Pillow-top.

Lastly, congratulations on your big slot win! How exciting! Certainly a great way to cap off your trip!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went here for my birthday with a couple of friends during our trip from Australia.

From the moment we met Lina waiting for us at the baggage carousel, things were amazing.
We walked out the Rolls Royce Ghost - a phenomenal car for anyone enthusiast or not - where Lina entertained our desire for photos at every possible angle. The trip was short but Lina drove slowly so we could enjoy the massage seats and admire the car.

Arriving, greeted by multiple staff to take our bags up for us, we were escorted to the private SkyLoft elevators - this should be a MUST have feature for any suite setup like MGM. Going 29 floors up without having to worry about 28 other stops makes life that much more brilliant.
Welcomed by our butler with glasses of juice and chocolate covered strawberries was perfect after our flights - so very appreciated.

In-room express check-in procedure was brilliant. It's early in the review but this is my first negative point about our stay - they double charge my friend's card for the room + incidentals charge...his bank basically froze the card because it was so much money at one go...the staff apolgized and refunded the money but it takes 48hrs to clear and we were told we weren't allowed to stay if we could not pay for the room....so I had to pay for my own birthday present because of this mistake - my friend probed for a 'how will you make it up to us' and was met with nothing...I did expect more here.

Anyway, positives - the butler service is something out of this world! I had laid out my outfit for David Copperfield that night and the butler offered to take it to be pressed and have my shoes polished (awesome!) so I enjoyed the 'shower-experience' because it is more than just a shower! Overhead shower head, 4 body jets AND a hand-held head which can all be gong at once. Just crazy
Helped myself to the in-room espresso machine (with illy coffee beans...anyone who knows coffee needs to know how good those beans are!) but really, more than 30ml of milk is needed in the room guys.

Came home at night after turn-down service. New slippers, bottle of water, cleaned suite. Amazing
Told the concierge I forgot a razor - within 5 minutes I had a brand new shaver, BVLGARI shaving cream and after shave, plus new toothpaste (which I had somehow lost so was thankful for that!)

Beds = massive and beyond comfortable, not to mention a pillow menu to select from! I was in heaven in that bed.
Bang and Olufsen sound throughout the house is brilliant.

Infinity bath = My skin has literally never felt so good. Bathroom kitted out with BVLGARI amenities including a bath tea-bag which was amazing.

TV's = why did we need 7 in one suite?
It was also extremely peculiar that I could see that 'recently viewed' movies on the TV...clearly whoever stayed in the room before had some serous fetishes that I didn't need to know about and must not of left the bedroom much...

Anyway, I could go on and on and on about how amazing this stay was but this is long enough as it is - point is if you are thinking of staying here, DO IT! No hotel I have stayed in anywhere in the world has even come remotely close to matching this.
The rooms are amazing but the staff and the way you are treated are truly what makes the SkyLofts stand out from the millions of other suites out there.

Room Tip: Any room is amazing - just book it! No regrets, you will never experience anything better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Duncan707
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the LOFT, the service, and the amenities that we offer!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your billing issue. I can assure you that is not our typical practice. We do authorize the credit card upon check in for the full amount of room, tax, and incidentals, however we sincerely apologize the this was done twice in error. I am pleased that the issue was resolved, but it should not have happened in the first place.

Our bathrooms are always a big hit with our guests, so we were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the shower and Infinity tub! Regarding the 7 TVs in the LOFT, we'll admit, this is a lot of TVs, however it's perfect when you are watching a game and don't want to miss a single second, or when everyone in the room wants to enjoy something different on TV. The "recently viewed" screen is one that we are visiting to either be deleted once a guest departs, or simply not show at all. I apologize that you had see the titles from the previous guest, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to having you back soon!

SKYLOFTS Managment
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here over the Electric Daisy Carnival weekend last year. It was absolutely amazing to say the least. We are from Australia and was absolutely blown away by the Skyloft, It doesnt even compare to some of the suites we have here in Australia. The room far exceeded the pictures i had been looking at continuously in anticipation of our trip.

The room was always clean and replenished for when we got back from the festival early in the morning which was great.

The butler service was great we had a few great butlers over our stay each with there own sense of character which was great.

The few issues i did have with the service was unfortunately we weren't picked up in of the phantoms which was really disappointing as im a big car enthusiast. We were also charged for the replenishment of our soft drinks and the ironing of our clothes. Sure we tipped well but when you drop 4k+ a night in accommodation you'd expect a little generosity in the simple things .A small blemish in a great stay hopefully our next stay is just as great or greater.

P.s how do we get one with a PLUNGE POOL AND BALCONY !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so pleased that our LOFTS exceeded your expectations!

We were sorry to hear that you weren't able to ride in one of our Rolls Royce Ghosts. We have a limited number of them in our fleet and though we strive to meet all of our guest's requests for these specialty cars, regrettably, they are based upon availability. Our Butlers replenish the water and soda in the LOFT once per day and will press 5 items per day complimentary. Any requests beyond this will result in additional charges.

Regarding your question about the LOFTS with the Plunge Pool and Balcony, we do have just two of these LOFTS available. As they are quite sought after, they require management approval prior to booking. Should you wish to book one, please contact our reservations line directly at 1-877-646-5638.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

SKYLOFTS Managment
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Never stayed anywhere like it! My wife and I took our babymoon to Vegas. Was a little nervous about the smoke, but not an issue at all once you were in the Skylofts. The service was amazing and the accommodations even better! Any hotel I ever stay at anywhere in the world will be forever compared to Skylofts. There was not one request they didn't handle with ease and promptness. You can't beat the butler service (thanks Mark and Michael!) and the beautiful infiniti spa tub, steam shower and pillow menu! We loved the room so much we decided to have dinner in our room one night. Ordered up from one of the many restaurants downstairs and our butler set a very nice dinner right at our dining room table. As most reviewers also mention, if you have the opportunity to dine at the Mansion, DO NOT pass it up! Probably the most expensive breakfast I have ever had, but well worth it! World-class experience and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drumma11
Skylofts, Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Congratulations once again on the newest addition to your family and we are so glad that you choose to celebrate with us! We love to pamper our guests and we take so much pride in our service. We are thrilled that you chose to "dine-in" one night from one of our restaurants. This is a very unique service that we provide to SKYLOFTS guests and one that our guests always enjoy. We were also very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy breakfast at the Mansion. It is such a beautiful area and truly makes for a memorable experience! We are honored that we will be the benchmark of all other hotels and we hope you will visit us again soon!