WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #64 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Portland, Oregon
“100% Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

You haven't been spoiled until you spend a couple of nights in a SkyLoft. After the Rolls Royce (the Maybach was out for repairs we heard) picks you up at the airport, you're whisked into a world of luxury with a separate elevator to a private check in desk on the top floor. A butler is standing by at all times outside your room, waiting to cater to your every need.

The room itself is off the charts, two story opulence with a bathroom any woman could spend a few hours in. The shower is huge and with a clear glass window, overlooks Vegas below. Did I mention they have a pillow menu? Yeah, it's that awesome.

The only drawback, since I stayed here a year ago, every place else I've been since has paled in comparison. So, you've been warned.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Amy K
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as a guest of SKYLOFTS again in the near future.

Director of SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The SkyLofts are simply amazing, So many celebrities were staying there, we had a hard time not just hanging out in the SkyLoft's lobby...

Lofts come with a butler, We did our best to keep ours busy. We had the best breakfasts every morning in the room, and every night a cocktail with friends. You can really get used to this.

Vegas is Vegas, coming back to the Lofts made all the difference. A little oasis in the middle of the craziness...

The spa was only let down, simply due to the sheer number of people... not very relaxing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Olivier L
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your awesome feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Redlands, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here to celebrate our 45th anniversary, and were not disappointed. While the amenities are nice, we especially enjoyed the over the top service. We had breakfast served by our butler one morning, and splurged and went down to the Mansion for breakfast the next day.

There were a few challenges. I must admit it took a while for us to learn how to adjust the lighting and music in all of the different areas of this two story one bedroom suite. Those who have difficulty negotiating stairs should be warned. Also, there are no instruction manuals on how to use anything, such as the coffee machine, and although your butler will provide a short tutorial, we found that we learned mostly by trial and error.

We were told that the soft drinks were completmentary, but there is no warning that the inviting snacks arranged on the shelf above it are not. So if you read and believe the review written directly below this one that suggests that they are included, be aware that you will find some multiple of $10 added on to your bill.

Our only other mildy disagreeable surprise was that the Jacuzzi is not a Jacuzzi, but only produces gentle bubbles. There are no strong jets. More than making up for that is the steam shower, making the bathroom quite exceptional. My wife was particularly amazed by the television in the mirror, and there is a second one by the tub.

The Sky Loft itself itself is an architectural delight, with its floor to ceiling windows and spectacular views. The bed is comfortable, and I think we ended up with a dozen different pillows from the extended variety offered. But it's the excellent service that makes staying here, if you can affored it, worth the cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank lespes
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and kids stayed in a 2 bedroom loft - simply the best!! If you want to stay in luxury with all the mod cons - this is the place for you. Well worth the splurge for a few days. I've stayed in many 5 star places around the world but nothing compares with the Skylofts. From the moment you walk in, it's just jaw dropping. We came from the Bellagio the week before and there is no comparison.
We initially booked about 6 months in advance direct with the hotel @ $1500/night but found a cheaper rate a few weeks out with Expedia (saved $500/night)
Cannot fault anything with these suites - they are absolutley huge covering 2 floors with floor to ceiling windows - We had great views of the strip and New York New York. The lofts have a separate check in area to the MGM and private elevators. The high tech gadgetry is awesome - a single remote that controls everything - lights, climate control, TV, CD, DVD, Ipod, Iphone, electric curtains and drapes etc. There's big LCD TV's in every room. The bathrooms are awesome - huge shower/steam room with rain shower heads (enough room for 10 people) , champagne bubble infinity edge baths/ spas and 2 TV's of course - an LCD on the wall and another smaller one inside the vanity mirror.
We had a soccer fuseball table in one of the rooms and they even provided an X-Box console with heaps of games which was great for entertaining the kids. All the on demand movies were free as well as a huge DVD library.
Great surround sound system throughout.
The mini bar is free for softdrinks, snacks and Voss water and gets restocked regularly
The pool at the MGM is awesome, I couldn't get our young bloke out of there - a bit of a hike to get there though.
My only complaint is that we had to wait around for about 3 hours until 6pm for a strip view room to become available.
Do yourself a favour and experience this type of luxury at least once in your life

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Big_Bopper2
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYLOFTS in the future.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the time I am greeted at the airport and whisked to my loft in a Rolls Royce Ghost, to arriving and being greeted by my butler curbside and then passing all lines and waits to check in at the dining room table of my loft is simply the greatest vacation "kick off" I can recall.

The Skylofts at the MGM in Las Vegas invoke emotion! The aroma when entering the private lobby on the top floor of the MGM strikes me the same as when I walk off the plane in Hawaii. it is an aroma that makes you feel healthy and alive. The luxury is beyond a hotel and actually is more of a lifestyle.

The 3,000 sq. ft. suite boasts every luxury including a pool table, media room, living rooms and 2 master suites on 2 floors. Walls of windows and full Crestron controls for music, drapes, lighting and the works.

My stay goes something like this: Ride in the ghost, check in, in under 2 minutes in loft, place iPod in cradle and fire up my favorite rat pack tunes across 3,000 feet of incredible living - then well it is Vegas..... :-)

Room Tip: Rooms offer Foos Ball tables and or Pool tables. Request your favorite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Rdgprez
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wow, I must say, the rooms live up to the hype. Some of the nicest rooms in all the hotels you will see, very well done, and the works in terms of technology. The concierge and what not are great, but the actual management, specifically Eyal Erlich, was probably the most condescending, impudent manager I have come across. I travel often and have experience in the hospitality business. I received the same answer from Eyal that I did for a question to the concierge. The answer was the same, but the concierge talked to me as a one would a guest, with respect etc. However Eyal when I questioned and was irritable/disappointed went into the defense and was dismissive, apathetic, and condescending in his tone in a way that I have never experienced at a 5 star hotel to the point where this is the first time I would call out an employee by the name. Apparently I wasn't the only one, another guest and an unnamed employee also said he can be a bit much to talk to.

So now I have this amazing place and room, I'd stay here every time, but I do not want to have to deal with that Eyal Erlich. Skylofts are very cool, the manager should be managing a used car dealership the way he talks to customers. I am sure he will have his excuse etc, but as I've said, even an employee backed it up and apologized on his behalf.

So take that how you will. If you want the nicest room in vegas, i'd imagine this is up there and I could have a good time here definitely(anyone could, its a special place) but be mindful of some of the management(Eyal Erlich) and the attitude which can just be downright frustrating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
10 Thank Henry H
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

My deepest apologies that you had this unfortunate experience. I did attempt to contact you via e-mail and would still like to personally speak with you. Please feel free to contact me at SKYLOFTS at your convenience.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I came here for our mini honeymoon before taking off to our real honeymoon.

OH MY GOSH! Someone had to pry my fingers off of the door frame before I could leave.

Right after booking, a prearrival coordinator calls you to help you plan and book shows, restaurants, spas, etc and they send you an itinerary.

We arrived at McCarren and a driver was already there waiting and took us to our Ghost! Chilled Voss water was already waiting for us and the car was perfect temp. Thirsty when you get off the plane? NO WORRIES... she had a whole case of water in case we got THAT thirsty during the 10 minute drive from the airport to the Skylofts at MGM.

You arrive at your own entrance and are taken up by an arrival coordinator to the elevator and up to your room. We got the 1 bedroom apartment and it felt massive for just the 2 of us. We sign some papers and are offered some welcome juice and introduced to our butler. They had our itinierary for us in the room as well with our booking confirmation to shows/restaurants/spas that our prearrival coordinator helped us with. They also had free chilled champagne for us as they new we had just gotten married! The butler showed us around our suite and showed us how to use the centrion remote that controls the shades, blackout shades, lighting, music, television, and temperature. If during the summer, I recommend keeping the AC on blast as the skylofts are on the top floor and the sun is beating it all day long.

The bathroom is super spacious with an infinity tub. They are not strong jets. The jets send out little champagne bubbles instead of a full force one in a jacuzzi. You can set the color lights of the tub while you are soaking in it too. There is a TV in the mirror by the sink and also one in front of the tub. The whole place is surround sound and you have access to all movies for free, with some being very new, not out on DVD yet movies.

The shower is AAAAAAmazing!! There were two shower heads and a steam function!

We had breakfast reservations at caesars and a taxi was ready and waiting for us when we got downstairs. When we got back, we were offered Voss water by the entrance. We had access to the Skyloft/VIP lounge, which has access to private elevators and snacks/drinks in the lounge. When we got back, our cake that we had ordered was on the table and they had rose petals strewn across the table! We also gave our butler some items to press and it was ready and hanging in our closet!

Our fridge was stocked with free sodas and water and some items that we had requested beforehand. Anything that you forgot at home.. don't worry! They have it! Just dial 0 on any phone and your butler will bring it right up for you!

If you request ahead, you can also get personalized stationary and business cards. There is a port for a laptop and printer/copier. Our Wifi didn't work very well which was a little annoying.

There is housekeeping twice a day and they leave little surprises for you each time. We had the concierge arrange for show tickets and they got us AMAZING seats!

When we came back the first night, they had arranged ALL of my makeup on the vanity table neatly and had my jewelry laid out neatly as well. There are complimentary robes and slippers in the closet. BVLGARI bath products.

When you go to the elevators, there is always a concierge in the foyer that greets you by your NAME.

They had our show tickets delivered to us. Whenever we would go down to get a taxi, we'd get the first available one and were offered VOSS water while we wait. I think I have never been AS hydrated as I was during our stay.

The espresso machine was lovely. You can make it yourself or you can call your butler to have it ready for you while you shower or get ready. They provide fresh beans and teas.

If you stay at skylofts, you can eat at the Mansion, which is this great tucked away little place only for high rollers. We ate there for breakfast. It was pretty pricey but it was nice just to go ONCE and see what it was like. It really feels like it is outdoors but its in a temp controlled dome where the highrollers stay in the villas. Our butler met us at our loft door and walked us there so we could find the way.

All of the concierges seem to know our schedule because whenever we got back from something or went to something, they would say, "enjoy the show!" or "how was your meal at craftsteak?" It was nice to get the personalized service.

After the second maid service, they would leave an inspirational quote on the bed with fresh flowers downstairs, upstairs and on the bed. They made sure to set the mood with music and lighting too. Upbeat and bright during the day and dim and softer music at night. It was great!

You also have a DREAM butler as well. There is a pillow menu with ~20 pillows you can choose from and you can just dial 0 and your dream butler will come with the pillows!

Also, if you don't feel like going down yourself and spending more time in your loft, you can order from any restaurant/small shop in MGM and your butler will get it and set it up for you at your table. You can request menus from your concierge and they'll have it to you at your door.

I could go on and on about this. There were soooo many awesome features!

The only cons were:
-Wifi would not work, even when they sent an IT guy up to fix it for us
-Butler would sometimes be slow with requests and we'd have to call twice.. only happened 2 times
-Requested a strip view but did not get it and instead got a view of the airport.. which isn't as bad as the view of hooters on the other side

We are definitely coming back for our anniversary!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank gamblnGRL
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratuations again on your mini-honeymoon! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand