“A delightful, delicious dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Envy The Steakhouse

Envy The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Envy The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #411 of 4,768 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paradise /Desert Inn
Transit: We have a very loyal group of taxi companies that are always outside our front doors to take very special care of our guests. We do also have a public bus transportation stop right next door in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center on Paradise Road. For those who are looking for adventure we have the MONORAIL Station right next door as well.
Description: Designed to please even the most discerning palates, the award-winning ENVY Steakhouse is a top choice in Las Vegas. The exquisite menus feature innovative dishes with an Italian flair & the most sinfully delicious gourmet steaks. From delectable Premium Angus Beef Filet to prime bone-in rib eye, you'll find ENVY to be a fine dining opportunity you just can't turn down. Made with fresh ingredients gathered from purveyors not just locally, but around the country - you'll find your friends & family absolutely envious of your experience.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“A delightful, delicious dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Las Vegas who enjoy the fab restaurants and every thing Vegas offers. We dined on Oct 23rd with friends who insisted that we had to try Envy- thanks guys!
From the moment we were seated until we left, everything was excellent- ambiance, food, drinks. A special thanks to our server Joshua. His enthusiasm for Envy is very catchy plus his knowledge of their dishes made for a delicious dinner.
The menu had several interesting items but the Stuffed tomato with fennel cream was to die for! Yummy!!
The creator of this dish, Executive Chef Christopher Mihy stopped by our table and shared his passion for fine food preparation. Chef Christopher puts his heart and creativity into his menu and it is obvious when you taste the food. My steak was seasoned well and cooked to order with great flavor.
Although it is a bit overpriced, the staff said Envy has many coupon offers available and are happy to accept them. We will definitely keep Envy on our fav list!

Chicago
“What the #&%@ happened to my favorite steak place?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

In a town with no shortage of great restaurants, Envy always impressed me with it's great food and great service. Until now.

I stayed at the Renaissance for a week long convention every year from 2003 - 2010 and ate at Envy several nights each trip. I loved it. Even when I went back to Vegas for pleasure trips and stayed on the strip, I always made a point of getting there at least once for dinner. It was that good.

Then, after 2 years away from Vegas, I was back this month. Things have definitely changed.

Before even eating there this year, I couldn't help but notice the nasty fish smell emanating from the restaurant, I first noticed it while sitting at the bar, which is easily 20 or 30 feet away. I love fish and eat it often, and have learned that when it smells that bad something is definitely wrong.

My first meal there was a group lunch at the restaurant last Friday that was totally disappointing. The food was average at best, and the service was worse.

My first complaint was when the salad was delivered. Maybe 12 of the 18 or so people at the table got their salad, and then a good 5 minutes passed before salads were brought to the others. I was especially bothered by the fact that they started at one end of the table and worked their way down until they ran out. Call me old-fashioned, but I happen to believe that the women should all be served before the men.

The main course wasn't bad, but neither was it good.

For a drink, I ordered an iced tea that was served with neither a straw or a spoon. After a few minutes of waiting for a server to return, I finally stirred in the sugar with my fork :-(

At the end of lunch, the lady across from me ordered coffee. Once again, it was delivered with no spoon. I realize this is a minor issue, but if the average Denny's can get it right, why can't the Envy?

I was willing to excuse all this as it was a group lunch, and perhaps not indicative of the way things really are. Then I had dinner there a few days later.

While the dinner service was much improved over the lunch, the food was very spotty.

We ordered the seafood tower appetizer. Nice presentation and fairly tasty. Only two problems. First, the menu indicated that the tower included lobster. There was none. Second, one of the oysters that was included was obviously bad. It looked discolored and smelled like....well, not good. For $55, I expected better.

I ordered the bone-in ribeye. It was salted to the point of being inedible. I'm not opposed to salty food at all, but this was at an absurd level. Salty enough to kind of burn my tongue when I chewed it. The 3 others at the table who ordered steak had a similar experience.

For what it's worth, everyone else at the table seemed pleased with their orders, and the sides we ordered (whiskey creamed corn, sauteed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes) were all delicious.

But overall, the experience left a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended).

Maybe I'll give it another try next year and see how things are. Or, more likely, I won't.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank 630Steve
Noblesville, Indiana
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went here for our last night of our first vacation together. Our waiter was Joshua. I have had many waiters and waitresses in my day but he took the cake. Upon our arrival he was friendly knowledgable and went out of his way to make sure our experience was amazing. At the end of the meal since he knew it was our first vacation away together he sent us a free dessert with the words congratulations written above it in chocolate. I just can't say enough great things about both our food and Joshua. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married next year and we are considering going back to Vegas for our honeymoon. Envy is now on our permanent roster for Vegas!!! Great job Joshua, you helped make a wonderful memory even better!

1 Thank Kara I
Montreal, Canada
“Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

They had great food. They provided great service. The place had great ambience. But it was overpriced.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite steakhouses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This review is coming a little late. I went here with my girlfriend back in July of this year. We had a travelzoo voucher and we gave this place a shot even though it was off the strip.

Voucher/FOOD
The voucher itself was a great deal. All of the courses were great. I can't remember exactly what i had because it was couple months ago but I remember everything being delicious. Both my girlfriend and I loved the steak.

While the food was excellent my over the top rating from me is due to the service. The service was impeccable. I have been to a lot of the most expensive restaurants in New York and I have to say the service here was just as good. The staff struck the perfect balance between being there exactly when you needed them and also giving you the space to enjoy the meal without them being overbearing. Our waiter, Joseph F. was awesome! He went out of our away to make the dinner special (gf birthday week) He was extremely helpful on what to select and what wines to get.

I am planning to go back to this restaurant next time I am in Vegas.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimHerman, General Manager at Envy The Steakhouse, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are delighted to hear about the impeccable service you experienced during your visit to ENVY in July. We will certainly be sharing your thoughts with our staff, as they are always happy to learn their delivery earned the restaurant a new loyalist!

Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Warm Regards,