“WORST service for a restaurant that was helped by tv show.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maple Tree Cafe - CLOSED

The Maple Tree Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We are a breakfast and lunch cafe specializing in homemade breakfast with a New England sugarhouse twist. We have freshly made buttermilk pancakes, red velvet pancakes, buttermilk biscuit breakfast sliders, and daily lunch specials to name a few!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“WORST service for a restaurant that was helped by tv show.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was 1:15 on Monday afternoon on February 4th.
My friend and I were deciding on where to eat. We recalled a tv show Restaurant Impossible and the restaurant that Robert Irvine helped was called Maple Tree Cafe.

I am a local here in Vegas. We decide to try Maple Tree. As we pulled up, we noticed that the restaurant closed at 2:00. We arrived at 1:15 and as we walked in, we noticed there was cash and check laying next to the register. There were about 6-7 tables with customers. There was a sign behinfnthe register that said, wait to be seated. We wait for a Few Minutes and no one came out. We saw an older lady fumbling about behind the swinging doors. Still no one to greet us. Then we see a young lady, blond hair and wearing glasses who walked through the swinging doors. She clearly saw us standing there. There was no acknowledgement of us standing there nor a simple hello. She proceeded to take an order from the table. At this point my friend and I decided to walk out. This is absolutely atrocious service. If Robert Irvine were there, he'd fire that girl. How could she not even say hello, be there in a minute??? Thats the entitled society we live in these days!!! She expects us to wait for her and still be a paying customer. If her service is this bad on the front end, I can only imagine how dirty her stations must be and how nasty the back of the house is. Great thing I didn't eat here!! Probably would've gotten food poisoning.
I've owned a restaurant of my own and one the most important things in the restaurant is having a receptive host at the front. Righty now, she blew away a $30 tab but much worse than that, she created an environment that left me never wanting to come back. It's my $30 along with others that help pay their mortgage and bills. They have to recognize that the customers pay their bills and salary. Sad to see that after revamping the restaurant, this place might still go down the tubes. You can change the facade but you can't change stupid.

If you like to spend your money in a place in which you get no respect and customer service, I highly recommend this place. Absolute horrible service!!!

Matt L.

• Visited February 2013
7 Thank Matt L

“A hidden gem.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Prior to the Restaurant Impossible makeover, we drove from Boulder City for breakfast on a regular basis just for the food. Now the decor is better, and the breakfast is still second to none. You have to try the chicken fried steak and the fried bread! All the waitresses are professional and nice, the cook is outstanding. I don't know why the place isn't packed every day. Bob and Christina P.

Thank you Courtney! Good job.

3 Thank Bpettit
“I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Worst food & servers r untrained ... Servers have their phones on & Not paying attention to their customers, Food is greasy, didn't get greeted when I walked in with my family

2 Thank Gotfood1989
Las Vegas
“Gluten Free Red Velvet Waffles and pancakes”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I like this place a lot! The GF selections were good, a little dry, but different than I have seen anywhere else. They were friendly, Bree did a GREAT job of putting up with a table full of jokesters, and I thought the place was cute, although very small.
I imagine at rush hour it would be a struggle to get in, but at 8:23 AM, set in stone Sunday Breakfast time, we were the only party there.
Several people in the party thought the coffee sucked, mostly the ones who drink it black, I thought it was fine. The cups never got empty, and Bree didn't spill a drop on any people or the table, a rarity when the group talk s with arms and hands as much as we do. heh.
The servers were setting up for the day, and a couple joked with us as they went about their duties, Bree is the best though, and you should ask for her section.
My Mom is very anal about her food, and din't complain about the temp or taste. in fact NO ONE complained about anything, excpet the coffee.
We will be going back, the second Sunday of the month, come on by. We'll be the loud ones, picking on my Momm while she covers her coffee cup with something to keep her coffee hot. LOL

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank stillnaked
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I think they forgot about us because people that came in after us were served first. When we got our food it was cold and the steak was overcooked and hard to cut. My toast was missing in action. Restaurant impossible tried but the organization in this place is still lacking. You only get one chance to impress a customer. I was not impressed at all. Good luck.

• Visited October 2012