“Excellent Thai”

Ranked #315 of 5,057 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: **Certificate of Excellence 2015 Winner presented by TripAdvisor and WINNER of the BEST of LAS VEGAS 2015 by Las Vegas Review-Journal Poll** The entrepreneurial spirit and the passion for cooking span generations in the Low Family. Grandma was a chef who catered to thousands of farmers and factory workers in the home town of Penang, Malaysia while Mama Low continued the culinary tradition by opening a catering business when the family migrated to Tacoma, Washington in the early 80's.In 2005, the "kids", along with Mama Low, relocated to Las Vegas to open what's known today as SATAY - Thai Bistro & Bar. The use of the freshest ingredients and flavorful spices and herbs in all their unique dishes were recognized by Las Vegas Weekly Magazine in 2008 when SATAY was named the "Best Asian Restaurant in Las Vegas." Today, SATAY and its now 14 member staff remain dedicated to catering to the appetites of the local communities and conventioneers. If you love food as much as SATAY does, you're definitely in for an unforgettable dining experience!
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My friend happened to be in Vegas for his birthday and chose this place because he loves Thai food... We always meet when he's in NYC for Thai so we both have a good idea of what good Thai food is like.

This place was as good as any in NYC... The appetizers I had were the cold summer rolls with shrimp (I think they had a different name for them) and they were excellent. I had the chicken with basil, it was excellent.

The portions were great - I normally add sticky rice to my Thai meals but at this place I was full without it - I wouldn't have been able to finish that also. And the prices were very reasonable, on the cheap side actually.

It is a very nice place, VERY big (again, I'm used to small/tiny spots in NYC) and new, like most places in Las Vegas. Great decor, not super fancy but very modern and trendy.

I'd highly recommend this place to anyone seeking good Thai food in Vegas. To be honest, I liked it even better than Lotus of Siam!

1  Thank John_Setrak

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Outstanding food, excellent service and good prices. The staff are fast efficient and courteous. The decor and ambiance are pleasant. Great place for a nice dinner out with friends, family, or a date.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were looking or some good Asian food in Vegas but without having to pay inflated "strip" prices. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It was encouraging to see many local Asian people eating here.. always a good sign. The food quality was excellent, although one of our dishes was a little too hot compared to our request. Service was equally good. This is not a posh restaurant ,but it suited us just fine as a way to escape the people overload of the "strip".

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We only did the special lunch deal here and it was very good. Not the most appealing of exteriors or interiors, but the tasty food made up for that. Don’t be put off by the photo-book style menu. Worth searching out for those that love Thai food. Good for vegetarians.

1  Thank ADifferentStation
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in the mood for Chinese
and decided we would test out their claim of 'voted best Chinese in vegas' . Hmmm, really? Not sure who was doing the voting but best in vegas was a long stretch.
Great friendly service though, trying hard. Great potstickers but pretty average everything else. house cabernet not very good but cheap.