“Distinct tastes, great food, very good service”
Review of Rx Boiler Room

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd South & Mandalay Bay Road
Description: In January 2005, the aquatic-chic restaurant, rm seafood joined the newest wave of world class restaurants at Mandalay Place. Award-winning seafood maestro, Rick Moonen, one of the hottest chefs at the helm, was lured from NYC to create rm seafood. A mecca for seafood lovers and hipsters alike, rm seafood is a relaxed rocking bistro atmosphere that also features a world-class sushi bar & coast-coast oysters at the raw bar. Sleek and fresh with a contemporary look, the restaurant is built from mahogany with lots of glass and reminiscent of yachts and wooden boats. Whether creating a new dish with fresh finds from America's best Fish Markets or praising the provenance and quality of eco-friendly seafood, Rick Moonen's passion for seafood is contagious. Reservations always recommended.
“Distinct tastes, great food, very good service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The service was very good and timed. Tastes distinct and absolutely great. However prices to high for the overall experience.

Cape May, NJ
“An absolute rip off!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe I am having to write this review. We wanted a good last meal in Vegas and decided to do it up. We figured if this place is owned by a Top Chef judge, it had to be good...WRONG!!! We spent $130 on two meals that were not good. My girlfriend had an Escarole/Crab soup appetizer which was $15 and was average. She had a $36 scallop entree (5 Scallops), which was very spicy, tasted ok, but was nothing special. She did have a good Lemondrop Martini, which ended up being the best part of the meal. I was "upsold" by our waiter Paul. I had a $13 Caesar Salad, which was average, and then the $34 Salmon entree. My Salmon filet was small and after I began to eat it, I realized it was totally raw! I didn't want to be a pain, but I asked Paul if they "would mind" cooking it through for me. He apologized profusely and had someone else bring it back to me a few minutes later, cooked, but no longer appealing. Paul asked if Id like something else, but we had already been there quite a while and I had lost my appetite. He brought us our $110 check and apologized once again. He knew the meal was bad. You could see it in his mannerisms, but he did very little to correct the problem. I don't know how a person can look someone in the eye, knowing they just ripped that person off. He offered us two cookies for the road in an attempt to make us feel better? Guess he felt guilty me leaving him a 20% tip even after being exploited like we were?
RM Seafood couldnt hold a candle to the seafood we have in Cape May! Their prices are outrageous, and Top Chef should be fired!!! They should be ashamed taking people's money like that!!! Eat somewhere else!

Huntsville, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The seafood was great and the service was wonderful. We had a big group and our waiter was very attentive and give us excellent service.

Visited November 2012
london
“Overrated and overpriced.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Food was average considering the cost . Staff were over the top and in your face.wine was served in glass beakers,no proper wine glasses. Waiters hovered looking for tips even though service charged is included.not recommended.

Visited November 2012
Bay Village, Ohio
“Seafood lunch at 3 PM”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I were seeking seafood (high quality) at 3 PM. Not easy to find in Las Vegas on Sunday. I tried to book a table at my fav Bellagio spot and they were MIA due to time. They suggested we hit RM in Mandalay Bay. RM is Rick Moonen's Seafood). LOVED IT. Worth the long cab ride from our hotel. Wine by the glass was superb. Food excellent. Eric, who served us, was fun and did a terrific job.

• Visited October 2012