“Return trip just as good as our first”
Review of Wing Lei

Wing Lei
Reserve with OpenTable
Wing Lei is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 5,208 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Boulevard So. and Sands Avenue
Transit: 24/7 Las Vegas Public Transit; the Deuce and Express Bus stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Brought friends to Wing Lei during a recent trip over Christmas. We had raved about the meal we had experienced previously, and this time was just as good. All of the dishes we ordered were fresh and flavorful, but the garlic beef was out of this world. The portions were reasonable, and while this is a bit pricey, the experience and food is really worth it.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friends and I over the last 5-6 years have gone to dozens of nice restaurants. Whenever we get together for a few days together, we always try to fit in 2-3 nice, expensive, fine dining restaurants. We rarely go back to the same restaurant twice when there are new restaurants to try.

We have tried several restaurants in Las Vegas including Bouchon. Wing Lei tonight blew us away. We had the chef's Specialty Tasting menu and a 3 appetizers, in order to sample a variety of dishes.

The 2 main course dishes were Sea Bass and Braised Short Rib. When we were eating each course, we were saying "Wow" repeatedly. So tender, so flavorful and prepared so well! We have eaten a lot of good food over the years. These 2 dishes were better than anything we have had at any restaurant so far.

The decor was great. The service was wonderful, friendly and attentive. The price was expensive, but that is to be expected from a Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant. If you are looking for economy - go eat at Applebees.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've eaten at a lot of Chinese restaurants (both downscale and upscale). We wanted to try Wing Lei as it is the only Michelin rated Chinese restaurant in North America. The Wing Lei in the Wynn Macau is the best upscale restaurant in Macau (eaten there a few times and always great) so I thought Wing Lei in Las Vegas could be even better given its Michelin rating. Granted, the atmosphere of the restaurant is very good. And our waiter was excellent (so still had to tip well despite terrible value for food quality...which leads to my main comment...) The food was "OK"... the quality of the ingredients were very good. But man I can't believe the chef deserves to even be working in an upscale restaurant...let along Michelin rated??? If you just don't care about money/value and simply want to dine in a very elaborate Chinese restaurant with great service then Wing Lei would fit. But expect average taste... For me/us we are "foodies" first and we would definitely not be going back.

1  Thank Mike K L
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wing Lei is a Chinese gourmet restaurant normally open for dinner only. For dinner it is sold out till Jan 2. However it is open for lunch as a dim sum buffet until Jan 2.

Hours : 11 AM - 3 PM
Price : Adults $58.88
Children $38.88
Location: Wynn, Las Vegas

Used to Chinatown prices elsewhere we were put off but went anyway due to having to use up a $600 dining credit. It was an eye-opener. It's hard to associate a top buffet price with "good value" but I'll endeavor to convince you why you should catch this little gem before it disappears.

Dim sum buffet seems to imply an all-u-can-eat dim sum but we were wrong. Yes it is dim sum PLUS a buffet that includes lobster, crab, lamb, duck, napa cabbage, etc in other words higher-end selections that you expect at this price range. Every selection that I made was done well & much better than normal buffet fare. (E.G. Caesar's Bacchanal Buffet doesn't have lobster, nor the service nor the flavor.) I do have to say something about the service will which Wynn is known for. At the serving stations, the servers took the time to explain each dish when asked. One time my wife wondered aloud to me about a dessert, they sent someone over to ask about it & apologized when they didn't have it.

Dim Sum
I guess you want to know about the dim sum which took a back seat when it finally dawned on us that we were at one of the best buffets we've ever had. Dim sum was also excellent with notable selections of lobster dumpling, char shui bow (best ever), shark fin dumplings (refused on principle), shu mai with truffles mixed & many of the traditional dim sum selections.

Guess I could go on & on but the best indicator of how much we liked it was I hope we have time to go back.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Very expensive restaurant for ok food. Spring rolls weren't anything to write about, ribs not particularly tender, sea bass was good, general tso's not great at all, lemon chicken very good.
Over $200 for 2 people, 2 courses, 1 bottle of wine.

1  Thank RCA7600507