“Excellent family hotel in Las Vegas”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nassau, Bahamas
“Excellent family hotel in Las Vegas”
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My family of four, husband and 2 kids ages 8 and 5 stayed here during April when we visited Las Vegas to see Celine Dion concert. It was a perfect location, close to the strip but away from the glitz of the strip. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen which was great, An added plus was that limited room service was available if you didn't feel like cooking. Only downside was that the hotel restaurant's menu wasn't really suitable for kids. The 40" plasma tv in the family room was great for the kids and the kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool!

Osbornes, Nassau Bahamas

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We found this hotel thru UnitedVacations.com. It was awesome; it is relaxing, quiet, and is a totally smoke-free facility! We enjoyed the pool, the room itself, and the restaurant is delicious for both breakfast and dinner. The restaurant is best if you're not in a hurry, though. The Platinum is only a few blocks from "the strip", so this area is still accessible by those willing to walk or wait for a taxi. Most of the staff is very accommodating; the concierge is a little young/"green" with meeting diverse travelers' needs. She recommended Ellis Island for dinner one night...what an awful, seedy dive! And, an hour and a half wait for food there! She did help with reservations at places, though. She also tended to misjudge how far something was to walk to at times...

• Liked — overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — younger, not as knowlegdable staff in some aspects
3 Thank Springbreakers2
Richmond, VA
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We had a great stay at the Platinum. Great rooms with bathtubs big enough for two and great kitchen. Beautiful view of the strip from our room. Pool was nice with bar and extra cushy lounge chairs. Free valet, no time at all to get your car. Customer service was great, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. Although not on the strip it was very easy to get the car and go, you could walk but it was 100+ degrees when we were there so we didn't. A nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the casinos and you didn't have to walk 20 minutes to get to your room. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Liked — New room, pool
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank travelbugs70
South Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I stayed at the Platinum hotel for three nights in July 07. The rooms are so large that I could only call them apartments. And they are decorated beautifully in soothing colors. The Platinum hotel room was quite possibly the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. No visible wear on the furnishings or carpet, everything immaculate. The double size jetted tub was wonderful after a long day of casino hopping. Service at this hotel was very efficient and friendly, room service was very good.
The pool area was on the smaller side for a vegas hotel, but nice. The hotel was very quiet, even with some families staying on the same floor, I never heard them. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone that does not need to stay right on the strip, the rooms are so nice you almost don't want to go out!

• Liked — Beautiful rooms in perfect condition
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank sagarchr
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed for 4 nights mid-week in a 1-br strip-view room. The location is fine as we are spry, but I can see how this might be an issue for some. The room was beyond gorgeous and I have NO complaint about the quality of the furnishings, linens, tub or any of that.
On our first night, the AC was out and it was 113 F outside. I had to call 4 times over the course of 4 hours before anyone finally came. He reset the system and then the next afternoon, the same thing happened. Again, we had quite a wait while they came to look at it. They offered to move us, but I had already unpacked and filled the frig with food, so I just didn't want the hassle. The second repairman said there was a problem on the roof, and he must have fixed it because it worked from then on.

I had to call and ask for housekeeping every single day. I really don't expect to have to do this, even at a cheap hotel, but I didn't see anyone even in the halls and we were in and out throughout the day. After the second day, they stopped delivering the USAToday on our floor (I still saw it on 4)

The gym was very nice and well equipped. The pool was nice, never crowded, great loungers. The only down-side was the evening pool-parties that lasted until 11:00 pm. Even though I wasn't asleep, their music choices were not of my taste and I really didn't want to have to listen for several hours. Besides, there was almost no one in attendance.

The spa was nice, the Deep Tissue Massage was DEEP (as requested) and the steam room was some much needed moisture in the desert! The prices were ridiculous, but so are all the other spas in Vegas.

I liked not being in a casino and not having any smoking on site.
Overall, I'd stay here again, even with the minor problems.

• Liked — kitchen, washer dryer, lots of space
  • Disliked — lousy housekeeping, maintanence service
4 Thank abolanowski
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Well, it looks like the days of this property being off the general public's radar screen are over. Now that Norm has mentioned in his column that the LA Lakers and 3rd Eye Blind are spending time here, I have to believe the days of rates being so much below market norms for this type of property are soon to be over. Well, it was good while it lasted. Here is the link to the artilce I am referring to: (--) .....I will keep an eye on rates at this place and surely stay here again if they dont go up too much, but if they hit Bellagio rates (which I fear they will), I need to start searching for the next hidden gem in LV.

• Liked — Quality of Property, value, room
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VegasTraveler3
Boston
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We decided to book the Platinum for 2 nights after reading favourable reviews on here and seeing the wonderfully large rooms in the reviewers photos.

On our arrival we were not disappointed. The room comprised of a main living area with wide screen plasma, a very new kitchen area with all the amenities you could possible wish for. A large bedroom and bathroom with hot tub and shower. The pool area was a little small but ample for those sun seekers out there.

My husband and I could not understand why people were complaining on here about the location!! Yes it's not on the strip but is only a 10 minute walk to the strip and then you are directly in front of the Bellagio at the intersection where all the action happens. From that point on you can catch the monorail or leisurely stroll through countless air conditioned hotels/casino's until you get to your destination.

We thought The Platinum was excellent value for money and so much more space for what you would otherwise get on the strip.

We also found the service to be great as they drove us on to our next hotel and some guests to the airport.

• Liked — Spacious Rooms
2 Thank EnglishgalinUS