Platinum Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,846 results
All reviewsprincess suitefull kitchennon smokingoff the stripstir loungewasher dryerliving roomellis islandpots and pansvalet staffnon gamblingfree valet parkinghuge bathroomjacuzzi tubquiet hotelseparate showermonorail station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Just spent 2 nights here. Frequent LV traveler and usually stay center strip. This was a pleasant suprise. Beautiful big suites, super clean, staff is very, very friendly. Only 2 blocks walk and you are in Bally's hotel on the strip so very convenient. This place is very quiet, non smoking non gaming.. a very nice break from the typical LV strip hotels. Full modern kitchen... each room has sofa bed and private bedroom so comfortable for 4 people, can bring your own booze, food, great place.. i will be back many times!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank marko1974
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I usually stay on one of the strip hotels, and certainly there are cheaper places than the Platinum to stay, especially with all the deals at the moment. That said, The Platinum suites are just that. Each room is a suite with a balcony, washing machine and huge bathroom. It is all spotless and well looked after. The whole hotel is non smoking which makes a nice retreat when you return from the other hotels/casinos.
The bar is very friendly, and the pool is an ideal suntrap with indoor and outdoor parts to it. The gym is not just the usual single treadmill and bicycle you see in other places. Lots of new machines.
Finally the spa; excellent with friendly staff.
All in all definitely worth the little extra in cost. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank JelmeisterCanada
Reviewed March 1, 2009

The folks who stayed at the Platinum were part of our small, family reunion housed in 2 separate hotels. They included a man who was on a business trip and his 2 elderly inlaws. So, the suite was an excellent gathering spot for all of us, just to visit or have quick eat-in meal. We appreciated the opportunity to bring our restaurant leftovers to this location as well!

My biggest complaint was their Valet Parking. When visiting, we ended up parking next door at the Tuscany Casino just so we would not be required to pay out any extraneous tips. To me, this is a Ripoff. Required valet parking in Las Vegas is unusual -- so, that's an unfortunate thing with the Platinum.

I have one more complaint: we arrived at 3:30PM and they did not have a room ready for those who were staying in the room. I'm not entirely sure of their check-in time but the guests were waylaid for a half hour until an upgraded room could be assigned.

Generally, the group who stayed in the room really loved the service staff.

The hotel is about 5 blocks from the Strip but not a bad walking distance. Walking is a requirement in Vegas -- you just can't get away from it! So, if you can walk, don't let the relative location deter your decision.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank RevuR
dgradillas, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2009

First, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The hotel daily check-in time is 4pm. If the room type requested is available, we will accommodate prior to 4pm.

The Platinum Hotel offers “Free Valet” to all hotel guests as a courtesy. Providing a gratuity is not required nor is it expected, especially since the hotel is all valet parking.

Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Reviewed February 23, 2009

The platinum is a terrific all suite hotel. We were in the smallest room with our 3 small children and had plenty of room with a bedroom seperate from the main room. A full kitchen and a great bathroom with a huge tup and nice shower. With a stay of two nights or more you can get a family deal for an additional $40, which included free internet, 4 pizzas, 4 movies and a few other items. It was a terrific deal and though the pizza wasn't huge, it was very good (no little ceasars). Another nice thing was the pool which was heated in February, indoor/outdoor, while most large hotels don't heat their pools through the winter here. We didn't dine on site so I can't comment on the dining but their are many places to eat nearby. It was a nice to be in a place without the casino, it had a very clean feel. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful with all of our requests.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank skiyaker
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I am a frequent traveler to Las Vegas (by frequent I mean I travel to vegas a few times per year) and I finally decided to try The Platinum Hotel. I have read hundreds of reviews about The Platinum and it is often referred to in the same breath as The Signature, or The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. I have stayed at The Signature and Mandalay Bay many times so I was curious to try The Platinum because it was cheaper that the other two hotels on the weekend I was traveling to Vegas. The Platinum is nice, but it is not close to the caliber of The Signature, Mandalay Bay, or even Red Rock for that matter. I was traveling with my spouse and 3 children under 8. Upon arrival I was less than impressed with the initial first impression that the hotel gives. There is a gas station in the parking lot, and a boarded up building next door. The entrance into the hotel is very small and you have to flip a U-turn to get into the Valet parking. There is no self parking, but that is ok with me as I prefer to Valet. There was no bell hop present and the Valet Staff was less than eager to help me with my bags. They eventually brought a luggage rack to assist with my baggage as my wife was unable to help because she was 7 months pregnant. The lobby is nice but very small. There is no snack shop or store of any kind in the hotel. The lobby has a small club that is open in the evenings, but nothing distinct. Our room was on the 6th floor and we were as far as you could get from the elevators. With small children this proved to be a chore. The room was very nice. The kitchen is nice with very nice countertops and stainless steel appliances. The separate bedroom was essential for us with three children in tow. The accomodations were very comfortable. The TV in the living area seemed small, I think only 32 inches, but it is a plasma which is nice. The TV in the bedroom is not a flat screen and was probably a 27 incher. Our room did not have a view at all as we looked directly into a wall. You get what you pay for I guess. On Saturday evening we wanted to retreive our vehicle around 6pm to go to dinner with family members that live in the area. I called valet prior to leaving my room and they did not answer. When I got to the lobby , there was no wait at the valet desk and they quickly took my ticket. For several minutes I was the only one waiting for my car. There is no waiting area designated for valet so I was practically standing in the parking lot with my wife and 3 small children. I waited about 15 minutes for my vehicle and there were no other guests waiting for cars. This is not a big deal, but waiting in a parking lot with little kids made me very irritated.
Upon checkout on Sunday morning the staff was very friendly. I called the bell staff and they were to my room within 5 minutes. He asked if I had a car in valet and promised to have it waiting by the time I got to the lobby. When we got downstairs all of our luggage was loaded and the car was ready for us to drive off. This service was the highlight of my stay. The pool is very nice for winter months because half of the pool is covered. It is a little deep for small children but fulfills its purpose.
Overall I felt that the hotel was nice, but not luxurious like so many reviews have said. We paid $139 and about $152 with taxes and fees. The room itself was worth the money, but the ambiance, location, and lack of ammenities would keep me from staying here again. I would not recommend this hotel if you don't have a car. If you have the chance to stay at The Signature, jor any 4 or 5 star hotel on the strip, ump at the chance. You will not regret it. I think I even prefer the Grand View at South point to this hotel. The size of the room is similar and the GrandView is half the price with many more ammenities.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family