“you're not a number”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Platinum the last two visits to Las Vegas, We have found it to be a wonderful alternative to the massive casinos on the strip. There's no casino on site, but there are several local favorites close by and the strip is a 10 minute walk or short taxi ride. The staff at the front desk is very attentive, always asking if they can be of any assistance. Ask for a strip view room, which will have a great balcony to sit and relax. The daily happy hour is the highlight, with half price appetizers and drinks

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a strip view room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert48192
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. I love the title of your review. It is actually one of our sayings at the hotel. You are not just a number. With all these mega resort casinos, it is something we feel we can truly deliver on. We aim for a personalized experience, where you can get to know the staff and really feel like you are coming back home after a day of craziness. You can also enjoy Las Vegas that much more with the speed of service. It's not uncommon to be able to pull up to our hotel, check-in and be in your room within 10 minutes. At some of these other casino hotels, you'd probably just be getting out of the parking lot by that time or navigating through the casino to find an hour long wait to check-in. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My significant other and I have stayed here, at the Platinum every time we are in Vegas. We tell all our friends to check this place out when they plan their stay in Vegas. We always get the same reaction which is, " WOW!" if you have stayed here and once you check into your room, you will know what I am talking about. We stayed July 4th weekend for a couple days and its our home away form home. Thanks Platinum for being AMAZING!! Can't wait to visit again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

We absolutely love to read reviews like these. We are so happy and proud of our staff for delivering a "WOW" for you. We look forward to your next visit as well.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

After making intense investigation of hotels prior to our stay in Vegas we decided to stay at Platinum Hotel. We surely made the right choice!

We booked a Princess Suite with a Strip view and stayed at the 8th floor for four nights. The suite was 107m2 so there was plenty of room. Good thing about this hotel is that you have your own kitchen so you can take it easy in the mornings and make your own breakfast. Prior to our arrival we did some shopping at Wallmart and when we arrived at the hotel, the staff carried up all our baggage as well as our groceries. As there is also a free valet parking we simply had to check in, and the hotel took care of the rest. A good start!

In addition to kitchen there is also a huge fridge/freezer, a dish washer, a washing machine, complimemtary wi-fi (not the fastest connection though) and a nice terrace where you can relax. Another good thing was the pool area and the fitness room. And as you know there is no casino in the hotel, which is nice - only clean air and no noise like in the big casino hotels.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Finally there have been some talk on TA about the distance from the hotel to the Strip, but we did not see this as a big problem. It took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the Strip.

All in all a great stay and should we ever return to Vegas, Platinum would be our hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. I do agree that the walk to the strip is not too bad. You can always cut into the back side of Bally's to avoid the heat which would shave off a couple minutes. We are proud to have you select us and even more proud that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The PLatinum Hotel & Spa is a good 4 star hotel. It's pretty cheap compared to other hotels in Las Vegas but it's located 15 minute walk from strip. Their suites are really big and it has everything you need. Including a whirlpool! The rooms are wearing down a little though.

Room Tip: Strip view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ben_1985_02

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it and agree that we can provide a good value or bang for your buck. We are continuously looking at upgrading our product and services. We hope you consider staying with us should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas. All the best.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were there for the Wedding of our Daughter on 4th of July. The Hotel is very nice, and were extremely happy with the full kitchen. If anyone is planning a Wedding in Vegas, this is the place to be, everything was taken care of. Kimberly had to take over in the last two weeks and did a WONDERFUL job, she is a pro. The only BAD thing about the Platinum, were the pool hours. the pool closes at 5:00 everyday, so if you are looking for a cool down after a full day on the strip, this is not the best option.

Room Tip: Any of their rooms are good, no gambling - so very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for the great review. Kim is new to our team and has already made a great impact. We will share with her. Regarding the pool hours we have made some changes to help accomodate to later requests. We hope to see you on your next trip to Las Vegas. Congrats to you on the wedding as well. Cheers!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I travel to Las Vegas at least once a year and this is my first time staying at the Platinum. My preference for a Vegas hotel is one that captures all of the luxury and magic of Vegas while giving me a chance to get away from the noise and the bustle. For that my top pick is still Trump Towers. But when I don't feel like paying Trump prices, I'm heading over to Platinum, which in my book is the most excellent value you're going to get near the Strip in Vegas.

We went over Memorial Day weekend. We arrived shortly before Memorial Day and when we got there we were informed we were getting a free room upgrade. Score!!! I will tell you that once the Friday of Memorial Day weekend hit, the place was absolutely packed to the gills with people. Because it is a boutique hotel and off strip, I was expecting to see mostly business people staying at the Platinum, possible a few families looking for a nonsmoking, noncasino hotel. Not so. Apparently because they are an all suite hotel that has not-suite hotel prices, it's really popular with the party crowd that rent a suite as a group and crash there for the night.

Don't let that scare you off though if you are the type who likes peace and quiet like I do! Even though we had a large group of people staying in a suite next to us having a rather raucous party, we couldn't hear a thing once we closed the door to our room, that's how well insulated the rooms are. I was suitably impressed. Like other travelers, though, I would not go with the smallest suite available because I think it was also the sheer massiveness of our suite that kept the noise from the people next door from permeating. I also have no idea if they are typically that overrun with people looking to party like they were that weekend. It was Memorial Day weekend, after all, and frankly, if you don't want to be around people who party, don't stay in Vegas!

The other thing I would say is that I wouldn't stay in this hotel unless you have a car. That's just my opinion, but even though it says it's "two blocks from the Strip," it's two blocks from one of the farthest points on the Strip so if you are wanting to go to, say, The Venetian, Caesar's Palace, etc, you're going to have a really long hike, because there is no shuttle. I would not be willing to do it, thank goodness we had a car! Hopefully one day the Platinum will add shuttle service.

Anyway, let me summarize the pros and cons of this hotel experience as I see it:

Pros:
--Unbelievably spacious suites with a full kitchen and (gasp) a washing machine and a dryer with soap and dryer sheets provided!!!
--Beautiful bathroom with an enormous jacuzzi tub and separate shower
--Gorgeous view of the Strip
--Nice pool on the roof that is indoor and outdoor along with outdoor jacuzzi. Says it is heated but it didn't seem heated to me.
--Happy hour in their lounge is ridiculously inexpensive with a really nice wine list, beer list, and half price appetizer menu that is sizeable
--Excellent room service menu that is reasonably priced
--Friendly and attentive staff in every single interaction we had
--Very clean
--Poolside menu is available
--On the weekend, there was a significant security presence in the lobby which was really nice.
--Truly excellent value for the price

Cons:
--It's a hike to the Strip as I mentioned
--There's not really a restaurant you can eat dinner in. Just appetizers down in the bar or room service.

That's really all I have for cons! Give the Platinum a try, I'm quite confident you will love it as much as I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip view Get the Platinum breakfast and you'll have a meal fit for two!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank busitrav33

Thank you for the great review. It looks like we just need to work on getting you away from Trump now. We are glad everything went well for you. With regards to the dinner, although our restuarant does not serve dinner, you can also order entrees in the STIR lounge at night. Thank you again for the review and suggestions. All the best!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Out of twelve trips to Vegas over the last 8 years we have stayed at Platinum eight times - and it is every bit as good today as the first time we stayed in 2007. You could literally live in these rooms as all amenities are provided and after so many stays we feel at home here - the friendly staff are always great, Gita at the concierge is awesome, and Melissa always takes of our reservations and ensures we have a great stay. The rooms are by far the best you will find at this price point and the location cannot be beat - the lack of a casino is really no big deal when all the major center strip casinos are 5 minutes away. We enjoy the smaller amount of people at the pool/valet compared to the masses you must contend with in the major hotels. The balcony is a major plus, specifically on the strip side - as the views are terrific - a great place to have a drink before walking to the strip! Check-in and check-out were a breeze, everything was as expected and they even gave us a free late late checkout when my husband was not feeling great the day we were to leave.....for any stay more then a couple days long we will always choose Platinum.

Room Tip: Go for the strip view...its well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hanry333

First off, thank you very much for your loyalty. We are glad that service has not slipped in the 8 years you have been coming to stay with us. You hit several of the points that we strive with our teams to accomplish. A quick check-in and checkout as well as great personal interactions with our guests. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit.