“Spacious”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Spacious”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend to attend a family reunion. I love the location because its not too far from the main strip. My room was very spacious and clean. Free valet parking was offered. The staff was very accommodating and courteous throughout my entire stay. I really appreciated my valet friend who I call "Mr. Huntsville". The front office manager was very helpful, especially during checkout. He adjusted my total bill to honor my military discount inquiry. I only have 2 issues that I really didnt care for: The policy to put a $100 per night on top of the reservation charge is a little much, but they will work with you.
The washer in my room didnt work and the electrician wasnt able to fix it at the time. However, the manager emphatically apologized for my inconvenience and offered to take care of me the next time I visit(which will be in the near future).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank eulandas2014
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We will thank the valet and front office team for doing a great job for you. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had an excellent experience at the Platinum. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient. Our room wasn't ready, so we were provided with complimentary drinks in the lounge. Rooms are clean and very spacious with a lovely balcony. We had a view of the strip, which was quite the backdrop at night. Would definitely recommend taking advantage of this option.

As we were celebrating my sister's 30th birthday, Mahesh, the manager, went above and beyond to make our trip a special experience. We were greeted in our rooms with wine, cheese, and fruit, and had a special delivery of champagne and cake on her actual birthday Gita, the concierge, did a great job of helping me arrange a variety of services, from ice cream cake delivery to getting us tickets to the newest and most exclusive pool on the strip.

The location is just a 10 minute walk to the strip, right at the intersection of the Bellagio, Cesar's Palace, Paris, and the Cromwell. We actually really appreciated being a short walk away from all the chaos, especially on the weekend when even the sidewalks are congested.

Overall and excellent experience. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit to Las Vegas!

2 Thank Lauren L
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. We are happy we met your needs and glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope we see you again soon.
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The picture looks much nicer than the actual, but for the price that we paid with travelzoo offer, it is not disappointing. Ten-ish minutes walking to intersection of strip and Flamingo, in no way we felt unsafe. Nice firm bed and spacious (we don't use the kitchen, but nice to have it if traveling with younger kids). Relatively clean, the only complain is rough face and bathroom tissue, always a sign of cheap(er) hotel. Given the price, it is a toss up staying here (for its space) or Flamingo (for distance to the strip).

Room Tip: Facing the (back of the) strip for extra 10 is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered. I will investigate the facial and toilet paper as last I had heard we were using a nice well known brand, not the generic sandpaper type. Thank you for helping us identify somethings that can only make us better in the future.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Misora Room at the Platinum on the 22nd. The hotel room was very nice. It is a suite with a huge tub. By huge I mean 6 people could easily sit in it. Unfortunately I didn't get to use it this stay because I ran out of time. The next time we stay at the Platinum I'm for sure taking a bath in that bad boy.

Anyway, the wedding planning is the reason that this review is a 4 star and not a 5 star. It was very confusing in parts. I met with and emailed my planner many times throughout the planning process. I felt sometimes that my planner was a little inpatient with me. We scheduled and confirmed the rehearsal multiple times, and when we arrived for the rehearsal, the front desk knew nothing about it, and we couldn't really rehearse in the place we were getting married because they were setting up for another wedding. Most of my bridal party was very confused both at the rehearsal and the actual wedding about where they were supposed to line up, and they got a little bit of attitude when they asked questions. Other than this issue, we weren't notified of last call before they started charging for the last hour of drinks which upset my parents and some of my guests. I think it would be good to make an announcement when the bar is about to switch to cash bar only.

Other than that, my wedding was great. It was an amazing deal that they custom made for me and my 45 guests. It included food, dj, photography, and the minister, plus an open bar for 2 hours. The package included the ceremony and a 3 hour reception. I feel it was a great deal for the money. The food was very good. The room was decorated nicely. The dj was excellent, the photographer was excellent and I loved the minister. My only suggestion if you go with a wedding package here is to have a longer reception. I thought 3 hours would be the perfect amount of time but I did not factor the photography in. If you love to dance, give yourself at least a 4 hour ceremony so you don't miss out on dancing.

After the ceremony, the Platinum staff packed everything up for me and delivered it to my room. When I got back to my room, they had placed flower petals on our bed, made swans from towels, left champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it.

2 Thank Engelsigh
Thank you for the review and feedback. We will certainly look into the concerns you encountered and address with our team. We are glad to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay. Thank you for selecting us to be the place to say for such an important day. All the best.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great!!! Great!! Great!! Is the word to describe the Platinum Hotel and Spa. We stayed there for seven days to celebrate our 20-yr anniversary and loved it. The concierge was awesome, I requested a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of roses in our room upon arrival, and it was there with chocolate covered strawberry. Great location, walking distant from the strip. Our suites were very clean. The full kitchen was really beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet service was really good, never had to wait long for our car. We had our luggage shipped in advance, the shipping and receiving department made sure our things were taken care of before we arrived and assisted in shipping our things back home. They followed up with a phone call to make sure all items had returned securely. I give the entire staff an A++
We will be definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: The "Strip-View" is definitely worth it
4 Thank Cliff B
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Wow! Those are some really great pictures. Thank you for the review and we are very happy we met your expectations. Take care and we hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed four nights at the Platinum Hotel and Spa and it exceeded our expectations. The restaurant and bar were both friendly and inviting places. Great happy hour. I had spa services that may have been the best I have ever experienced. The staff were eager to answer questions and help flag cabs and displayed high degrees of customer service. The location is great, just a short walk to catch the tram to all of the Vegas attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat D
Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to have had you as our guest. I do think our Happy Hour is still one of the best in Vegas and provides an excellent value. Take care and we hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I chose The Platinum Hotel because of it's location just off The Strip but close enough to The Strip. I had a Strip view room on a high floor with very good views. The balcony was a nice place to relax and stare. The suite was very spacious and clean and I loved using the jacuzzi bath tub. I will definitely be staying here again when next I visit Vegas and the rates are very good value for what you get.

Room Tip: Choose a strip view room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Chiz218
Thank you for the great review. We are glad your stay went well. We hope to see you next time you are in Vegas. All the best!