“Dog friendly excellence and great convenience”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Dog friendly excellence and great convenience”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It only took 35 years, but now I have a "go to" hotel in Las Vegas. Very close to hotel/apartment perfection. The staff, the bell staff and especially the valet's are amazing. Well done Platinum. I brought my wonderful dog with me to Vegas and the staff were so great. They say "yes" a lot. Rooms are fairly standard in design, but huge on function. OMG, the kitchens are just perfect ... except for the low quality pots and pans. Bring one Green Pan and a cast iron pan from home and pretty much everything else is do-able.

Room Tip: Face the Strip
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you finally found a "go to" hotel for your needs. I do apologize for the quality of pan you recieved. I know we are currently purchasing more. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
British Columbia
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Excellent hotel and good value. My suite was a full, 1000 + sq ft 1-bedroom, full kitchen etc. Excellent strip view. All very clean and tidy. Off-strip location was no problem at all, door staff just hailed cab when needed (never had to wait more than 5min in four days).

I give this hotel 5 stars for overall staff helpfulness, cleanliness and the size and appointments of the suite. Only better room I have ever had in Vegas has been a $500 a night room in the Aria, and it was smaller with no kitchen or balcony.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We are happy that it met your expectations and I completely agree it is difficult to match the value or bang you get for your buck. Plus we don't hit you with all the hidden fees. We hope to have you back as a guest again soon.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just returned from vegas 6/6/14 stayed at the Platinum again ! Great great hotel, staff is super friendly. Within a day they know you by name, place is super clean. Very accommodating. Will return next year

Room Tip: all rooms are suites, 950 to 1150 sq. feet.ask for one up high with a strip view = breathtaking !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice review and for coming back to stay with us. We love to hear about repeat and return guests. Thank you for the nice comments about the team here. We will thank them for a job well done.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel was lovely the come home to after traveling for 11 hours, It was clean, and Eugene at the front desk did everything to assure that me and my sisters were straight. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Awesome to hear! And Kudos to Mr. Eugene for making it special. We hope to see you again.
New Jersey girl
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Platinum definitely deserves 4 stars for the room and for the service. No complaints at all for those. The suite had a nice sized kitchen, living room, lovely, comfy king sized bed in the bedroom, large bathroom with a shower stall, tub, 2 sinks. It was clean and well maintained. The people at the front desk were very friendly and nice.

The downsides for me will not apply to everyone, so if these are not issues for you, I woiuld say that Platinum is a good place to stay. My main issue was the availability of taxis. Where in a major hotel, there is a constant flow of cabs, here you have to wait for one to drop someone off. I was told that "we do not call taxis". The doormen did on occassion run down to Flamingo Rd (down a long driveway) to hail a cab for me. Since I had no car and it was over 100 out, I needed to taxi around. This caused "taxi anxiety" for me. (I solved this problem by walking to the Tuscany hotel/casino next door and catching my taxis there. I also went there for breakfast where there is a relatively inexpensive restaurant.)

Secondly the sinks in the bathroom are set back too far. I am short and couldn't easily wash my face over the sink.

A minor issue is that the doors of the rooms on my floor are all chipped and nicked. It doesn't hurt anything, but it makes the floor look rundown. Once you are in the actual room, everything was very well maintained.

Bottomline, if you are not short and you don't need taxis, I would recommend the Platinum. However since those are both issues for me, I would not choose Platinum again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sillycat
Thank you for the review. I do apologize for the concerns you encountered but happy to hear we did a good job overall. I hope you still consider staying with us in the future.
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet place in Vegas this is it! We booked a room for one night, the night of my sister's wedding. They put us on the floor of the wedding ceremony and reception. The room was astonishing! Full kitchen with all supllies needed, great bathroon, balcony, shower, jet tub, etc.... We did have an issue with the AC. Called right before the wedding, as we were leaving someone came to take a look and fix it. Got back after the reception and the room was a sauna, it was cooler in the hallway than our room. Called again for service and Trevor came and fixed it. At about 4am, we woke up sweating....again the AC was out. When we woke up, we called the front desk asking for the manager, to come to our room. He was there in matter of minutes, apoligized immensely for the inconvenience and compensated our stay. The pool area is so quiet and relaxing and well shaded with umbrellas galore! The girl who works at the pool bar was always checking on us and so friendly. They also have a great happy hour there with awesome prices and food...This hotel actually made me possibly considering bringing my kids to Vegas and I was dead against bringing them there. Would come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a washer and dryer if you need one
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We do appreciate the feedback and we want to sincerely apologize for the AC concerns. This isn't a regular thing at the hotel, and I know our Chief Engineer has gotten involved to ensure it stays fixed. I'm glad the manager was quick to respond and took care of you. We hope to see you next time....
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room provided a great view of the stratosphere side of the strip. The kitchen was great. The room was very large. It was a quick walk to the strip. The rooms are prone to street noise since they are on a busy road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please look us up next time we are in town.