“Going back to Vegas in 6 months just to stay here”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went to Vegas for our anniversary and were treated royally by Denisse and other staff. Loved the easy walk back from the strip each evening to our quiet, smokeless home away from home. We even skipped eating on the strip one evening and enjoyed good prices, bruschetta and wings in the bar. Josie was a great waitperson. Had two good breakfasts as well. I don't normally eat the potatoes that come with breakfast but their were amazing. Definitely staying there again.

Room Tip: Better view of the strip from the 7th floor on up.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Wow that is quite the compliment! We really appreciate your review. We have already shared with Josie's and Denise's managers to ensure they are recognized for a job well done. Looking forward to seeing on your return trip! All the best!

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Platinum Hotel. Located about a 10 minute walk from the main strip we were close enough to the Bellagio fountain display to catch it several times and the hotel is really close to the monorail and the new giant wheel, the high roller - which is awesome! We were on the 5th floor and I had paid extra for a city view, which you don't really seem to get on the lower floor. I did find this room a little noisy at night, just with various sirens going off and think we would have preferred a desert view room instead. However, the room was enormous and great value and the breakfast in the restaurant on the 5th floor was great. Good options and very friendly staff.

1  Thank Joanna C

Thanks for the nice honest feedback. We are glad you chose to stay with us and happy to hear the staff treated you well. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here during March Madness and Baker to Vegas and I can say it was a very pleasant experience. Very clean smelling, great employees, very home like feeling. I recently went back again and stayed at the same hotel. This time I had asked to please add in a little surprise for my partner and they went over board and I loved it. I would tell everyone and anyone to try this hotel out. Mind you the price is good for a Suite.

Room Tip: like the corner was more quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thanks for the great review. I am happy that not one both two stays met or exceeded your expectations. We will certainly share with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My daughters wedding was held at the Platinum Hotel last weekend and the bridesmaids, mothers and sisters were meeting at there at 2 pm for hair and makeup.
We pulled up in a cab that dropped us off and inadvertently drove off with our suitcases filled with the bride's clothes, shoes, jewelry and more.
Not one of us knew the name of the cab company send we all had different descriptions of the cab!
Quick thinking Brian of hotel security watched the security tapes then contacted the cab company and got our suitcases in plenty of time for a calm bride.
Thank you !

Room Tip: Jamie and Romie were the best. Great customer service!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leslie W

Thank you for sharing this great review. It is a perfect example of some of the great service our staff provides. Your timing couldn't have been better. Brian was nominated for employee of the month and it just so happened that this came across to help reiterate how he regularly goes above and beyond. I really appreciate your review, and am glad you chose us for your extra special event.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I prefer non-gaming hotels (we usually stay at Vdara) but thought I would give the Platinum a try. And I’m glad I did. What a great stay! The hotel is oh so close to the Strip (they have a shuttle that will take you to any of the clubs, restaurants etc) but just far enough where one can enjoy the quiet and relax. The suites are huge and have balconies with views, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the service was great. My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer!

I highly recommend this hotel. You get all of the amenities of the strip but in a more relaxed boutique atmosphere. I’ll be back.

1  Thank Troy B

Well we are glad you went out on a limb and chose us. Thanks for the nice comments about the staff and service. We hope we have won you over for all future trips. Take care.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

One block from the Strip, this hotel was in the PERFECT location for everything! This location is truly ideal for any type of vacation. Whether you want to enjoy the nightlife and casino hopping - you are RIGHT there. What is great though is that you can still relax at this hotel. The intimate pool space (not on the main floor), provided a quiet relaxing oasis with incredible service. The room was absolutely beautiful and spacious (which can be very hard to find). The food and drinks in the lounge on the main floor was fantastic - definitely recommend their appetizers. They offered happy hour every day with great specials & a nice atmosphere. Lastly, I can not emphasize enough how incredible their staff was - cleaning personnel, valet, restaurant servers, front desk managers, everyone! I had a wonderful experience staying at Platinum and recommend it to anyone, of any age, with ANY interests.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the spectacular review. We are proud we were able to deliver such great service for you. We will certainly recognize the team for a job well done, and I agree since we did some changes to the pool deck, it is really a nice environment and feel up there. All the best, and we hope to see you on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at Platinum hotel and got a room on 12th floor. Even that high I could still get the noise coming from the strip. On the other hands the rooms are really good with plenty of space on the bedroom, living room and kitchen. Actually my room got a fully equipped kitchen (side-by-side fridge, microwave, oven, dishwasher, etc). Walking distance from the strip, you will be well located here, of course with the advantage of cheaper rates compared with the famous Vegas hotels.

Room Tip: Looking for a quiet night, choose a room on higher floors and facing mountains otherwise you get noi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Luis M

From previously working in the Midwest, it amazes me how much some of these famous hotels can charge on higher demand nights. Thank you for the review. Every unit comes equipped with a dish washer, microwave, stove, fridge, balcony, jacuzzi, and spacious living room areas. We appreciate the nice comments. Thanks for reviewing us!