“Nice Hotel Bad Service”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I booked the Princess Suite for a 4 day 3 night weekend. great Price through Expedia.com. Paid in full when i reserved the room. Arrived at the Hotel and even after i put 4 people on expedia.com the staff said they only charged me for 2 so i had to pay 50 per person per night. I had guest over later on after i checked in. same lady from the front desk called and told me there would additional charges for my the people in my room i let her know they were my guest and they would leave she was a bit rude. The room was amazing, nice full kitchen, whirlpool bathtub. 2 plasmas. While i got ready to get in the shower i noticed the shower started overfilling and the shower was clogged called front desk and they said engineer would come up i waited about an hour and a half so i had to take a bath in the tub. When i went into the kitchen i noticed there was a huge puddle of water, the fridge was not working and everything in it was going bad. Called front desk and they moved me. Following day in the afternoon i was getting out of the shower and i hear the door open and the housekeeping lady walked through the door even while there was a do not disturb sign on the door, i asked her what she was doing and she said i called for room service and she walked in through the room while i am standing in my towel im telling her to get out because i dont need it she proceeds to go through the rooms and then i told her what was the problem and she said i will call house keeping to check if u called or not, housekeeping never sent her up to my room and she was so disrespectful. i complained but got nothing out of it. I checked out on Monday and i got home to check my account and found out that the platinum charged the hotel twice on my card. still trying to investigate the situation. Nice Hotel but i would recommend to sta elsewhere hospitality is not good. service is horrible.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Benfrnkl

Reviewed September 15, 2008

The hotel offers reasonably priced rooms with quality furnishings, close proximity and a smoke free environment. I utilized the restaurant, room service and in-room laundry during my stay for a convention. Staff were always friendly, well trained and informative.

The location is close to the Bally's monorail station.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BGBMO
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Staying at the Platinum is a win. This is a beautiful hotel. We had a terrific spacious 1-BR suite with living room and a kitchen. The accommodations and staff were excellent. I highly recommend it if you want to be right near, but not on the strip in Vegas. I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corptool
Reviewed September 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Platinum for our anniversary in early September. We had not planned to stay here but the other hotel we had booked on line was not able to honor our reservation and set up a reservation for us at the Platinum and we are glad they did. The hotel is a couple blocks off the strip so for those of you that want to let all the noise of the Strip fall away when you are done for the night this is a perfect location to do so but is still close enough to walk right back into the heart of everything the next day. We loved the huge jacuzzi tub, the bed was very comfortable and the views from our balacony were wonderful. we were a bit skeptical about the 5th floor pool and whether it would get good sun exposure but it gets sun all afternoon long from practically 11:30 am on. There was only one day that it was big crowded but the rest of the time we had the pool practically to ourselves. Food at the restaurant was nice sized portions and tasted great. there were a few minor issues with our bill and the room rate related to our reservation transfer from the other hotel but once we brought it to their attention it was quickly fixed. we would recommend this hotel to others that are looking for a quieter location to the strip with tons of space to relax and great service. we had a great time and look forward to coming back for another anniversary in years to come.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingqueen9207
Reviewed August 29, 2008

The Las Vegas Platinum is a great alternative to the traditional Strip hotels... within close walking distance (1 block), guests can easly opt for the Strip experience and then retire to the quiet and solitude of the Platinum. The restaurant offers great and genuine service along with fantatic food at a reasonable price... and because it's smaller, there is never a wait to dine. One of the greatest features is the huge and comfortable rooms at an increadibly low price... 900 square feet (smallest room) plus a small kitchen area, plenty of space to spread out and be comfortable... the 42 inch HDTV also made it pleasure to relax in the room. The decor is very comtemporary and the hotel offers a great little lounge that's never crowded and the bartender (Christian) offers genuine 'personality' in town a where most service staff have their hands out waiting for a tip before even greeting a guest.

For any guest wanting the Las vegas experiences without all of the noise craziness... or wish to experience the craziness in smaller doses... this is a great hoyel to stay... the only one I'll be going back to from here on out!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve0_0Hughes
Reviewed August 26, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon. I have to admit, it was a GREAT choice for honeymooners as previous reviews have said.

We were greeted by very kind valets who told us that we had a great time, took our bags and opened the front doors for us. The front desk was a continuation of great service and check-in was a breeze. They upgraded us at check in to a larger suite which was nice. However, all rooms at the platinum are suites, the smallest being 900+ square feet so you wont ever be staying in a bad room.

The room was very clean and tidy and smelled nice. It included everything including a washer/dryer with included soap and dryer sheets as well as a fireplace. The room was absolutely gigantic with GREAT views of the strip. The hotel is non-smoking which is an extra plus if you dont smoke. (Those of you who dont like tobacco smoke know how impossible it is to get away from it in vegas.)

Each time we entered in the hotel, the front desk asked how we were and how the room was. They were very kind and courteous.

The location of the hotel is about a block and a half off the strip. However, we were located only about a 5 minute walk to the monorail station at Ballys and that was perfect. The location isnt that bad and my wife and I enjoyed the 5 minute stroll each night back to the hotel on a safe Flamingo Rd. You can also take the Deuce bus that runs flamingo rd if you dont want to walk. There are no dangerous concerns that you need to worry about.

The only bad thing we encountered was an interesting smell as we got off of the elevator on the floor of our room. It was only by the cleaning closet and it wasnt in our room but it wasnt pleasant.

Overall, this is a GREAT hotel for anyone!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vegashoneymoon3
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We booked the Platinum directly over the internet, because our travel agent could not book it, and tried to book either a casino hotel, or a cheap motel somewere off-strip. The Platinum is perfectly located just one block of the strip, and has very comfortable rooms, with everything you could wish on a holiday.

There were some minor technical issues in the room, but the staff was very efficient in fixing those. We had a perfect stay, and would have loved to stay longer (but our schedule would not permit).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family