“What a find!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a fabulous place. If you don't need a casino in house, you can't get better than this place. Beautiful, spacious suite, great view of mountains, two short blocks off of strip brings you right to the center of things in front of Bellagio. Cool rooftop indoor/outdoor pool. In house restaurant with delicious breakfast. Free valet parking. Got and AARP rate an a Saturday better than some chain interstate hotels we stayed in along the way! It's a no brainer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for the awesome review! We are glad you found us, and hope to keep you coming back each visit to Las Vegas. All the best.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'm a frequent traveller to Las Vegas due to business and have stayed in many upscale hotels on the strip such as Aria, Venetian, Vdara, MGM, etc. I have also stayed in Platinum about 5 times.

Setting aside the obvious value in price for the Platinum, my stay is always more pleasant in Platinum mainly due to the level of service provided compared to more expensive counterparts. I frequently bring two young children to my trip and therefore, need a bunch of extra accommodation. Platinum's parking, bell man, and other services are ALWAYS much faster and more detailed. I especially enjoy the roomy suites for my family's comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear the team took care of you again. I do think that we offer a lot of bang for our buck.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife, two kids and our little dog stayed at The Platinum hotel 2/7/14 - 2/10/14. We absolutely loved The Platinum hotel and believe it was the best suite and hotel option in the area. I, personally, have stayed at almost all of the various hotels in the main Las Vegas blvd strip area - usually on business trips. I enjoyed the Platinum hotel stay best, by far. The suites are large and beautiful and just a block away from the strip (easy walking distance for anyone). The Platinum also has an amazing staff. I have found my hotel of choice when I go to Vegas from now on. Its great for a couple, but its fantastic for a family.

Anton C.

Room Tip: We loved our view of the Las Vegas strip!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AConaway

That is great to hear! I agree our spacious suites can be quite perfect for families so everyone isn't crawling over each other. We are glad to you enjoyed yoru visit. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed with friends at the Platinum hotel twice in the last three years on our annual voyage to Las Vegas. The quality of the rooms is top notch. They have a very luxurious feel to them, with amenities that you just wouldn't expect at this price point: full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, separate shower etc.... If you're worried about not being on the strip, don't be. The walk to Las Vegas Blvd is literally 10 minutes. That's a small price to pay for being in a room that is four times as nice and half the cost as any major hotel on the strip. The staff will treat you right and make your stay comfortable.

Room Tip: While a strip view is nice to have, you can save a few bucks by choosing a room on the other side...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian G
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We sincerely appreciate your great review. I can only agree with you that we offer some great value in our guestrooms and service. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This all-suite hotel offered spa-like accommodations for business travel. I had the option to provision to eat in my suite with full kitchen amenities (great if you're not looking to eat out every meal! I enjoyed great views of the strip, and I have to add that the entire staff, from front desk, to wait staff, to room service, to valet service: ALL took exceptionally great care of ensuring that my stay was the best it could be. I was even able to get spa services at a great cost, thanks to dining at the restaurant. Very impressive!! I would highly recommend this experience!

Room Tip: Not all rooms offer a view - so ask for what you would like.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for the review. It is definitely something we have the ability to do here in giving much more personalized service. When staying at the hotel for more than a couple of days you can really start to get to know the staff. They all care about our guests and ensuring great experiences. Unfortunately the bigger hotels and casinos lose this where we can treat you as much more than just a number. You also touch on the Well Spa. It is amazing to me that we don't have lines a mile long coming out of there. It is so much more reasonably priced than most places on the strip. Again many thanks and we can't wait to see you back here again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Platinum is perfect for my family's needs. We travelled with three younger children. Having a separate living area is extremely important. The kids can watch cartoons on one tv, and I can watch my sports on another. The pullout couch is also great. If one wanted to stay up late and not wake the others in the bedroom, use the pullout.
The kitchen was invaluable. It saved us a lot of money and time. If the kids had a craving, I could use the microwave, stove or oven and quickly and easily prepare something. Note, if you'll need a can opener, bring your own. They didn't have any when we visited.
The pool is the warmest heated pool we've ever used. Although the outside temperature was cold, we were always warm in the indoor/outdoor pool. My kids love swimming and Platinum is the one place they can do it in the winter comfortably.
The balcony is great to get some fresh air and enjoy the view of the strip and the large ferris wheel.
The kids had fun in the jetted tub too. Add some shampoo and they had a fun bubble bath. There is also a separate shower.
The unit we were assigned, 1416, was in very good shape. Everything worked, it was very clean, and the view at night is outstanding.
Don't overpack if you have a Princess Suite. It comes with a washer and dryer. The hotel provided laundry detergent in the unit. Fireplace too.
They also provide daily coffee in the room, free internet, no resort fee, free newspaper downstairs, and very quick valet parking.
Valerie and Eugene were very nice at check-in. Actually, everyone was nice.
Ampm and 7-11 are very convenient downstairs.
The driveway is immediately past the ampm. Be alert or you'll miss it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for kind words and review. We will certainly thank the entire team but specifically Val and Eugene for doing such a great job of taking care of you. Thank you for your time, and business. All the best!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was amazed at the amenities and the spaciousness of my room at the Platinum. Huge room with a full service kitchen (all appliances) - modern flare...a working gas fireplace in the living room space and a monster master bathroom, that included a large Jacuzzi tub, a separate stand-in shower. And the bedroom was immense. Plus, a lovely outdoor spacious deck with incredible views of the Las Vegas night life. I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast as well on the 2nd morning. More bang for the buck at the Platinum than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend the Platinum and will use it again on my next trip to Vegas. Easy walking distance to the Sands Conference center - the Venetian, etc. And can't beat valet parking. Easy access in/out of the Platinum - and right off the 5-freeway.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th floor - I definitely recommend an elevated room for the views
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. You are right, you defintely get some bang for your buck and definitely a nice spacious room. We appreciate your business and please ask for me on your next visit. All the best!