“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I would highly recommend The Platinum Hotel. We stayed there while in Vegas for my birthday. The suites are beautiful and quite spacious. Loved the jacuzzi and their Well Spa is one of the best! If you're looking for a place to stay while in Vegas, consider The Platinum! You will love it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
We appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you feel confident referring guests to our hotel. We do pride ourselves on service. We hope it isn't too long before we have you as our guest again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Here's all the things that make this hotel perfect: Valet is fast and friendly, the doorman opens the door for you with a smile which is great when your hands are full, they upgraded my room to a larger, strip-view room, room has a washer and dryer which I used many times, full kitchen with all sorts of utensils, they'll bring you all the pans and spatulas you want, three rooms have tons of space to spread out, the front desk staff are so nice and always smiling, the hotel room was so big it had three sinks, the pool is so cool how it has a river going from outside to inside, the hotel itself is clean and beautifully decorated, the location is close to the strip and close to the freeway, and the jacuzzi tub is amazing. This is simply the best hotel I've ever stayed at. It's like staying in your own fancy condo.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank madhatter2014
Thank you for the glowing review.. I think it is hard to find something in town that doesn't feel like a hotel room. Our team takes great pride in what we do and i know your comment " This is simply the best hotel I've ever stayed at" will go a long way. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Worst experience ever. Checked in a little after midnight on Wednesday night on Thanksgiving weekend. Out all day. Returned Thursday evening. Beds were not made. Made a complaint Friday morning and requested beds to be made Friday. Came in Friday night, beds were still not made. I was livid! I literally was crying at the front desk for housekeeping. Unacceptable. In addition, I was told they would charge $100 for incidentals for my entire stay. They lied. They charged my card $100 every night for my entire stay. I was flabbergasted.I never authorized this. I did receive a $50 credit but my stay was ruined. My room was never cleaned my entire stay. My bed was made one time because I begged for it. I never received my certificate for a free night. Room was mediocre but very noisy. Don't get a room on the second floor. Kitchen was nice but that was it. Took two weeks to straighten out my credit card. Go to MGM Grand Signature. They charge $25 resort fee but that is way better than charging your card a $100 a night deposit fee.

Room Tip: Get a high floor. Floors closer to the street are very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CabezaDiva
I apologize for your stay not living up to your expectations as it should. We strive to have all our guests leave with positive feelings about the hotel. We are sorry we could not make that happen for you.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel really gets it right. Just a bit off the beaten path (the Strip), the Platinum has it all - elegance, hospitality, a great staff, and wonderful service. Yes, there's no casino here - that's the point. From check-in to the valet guys to the restaurant crew to management, they just "get" it. From free Internet to beautiful spacious rooms, you don't feel like you're in Vegas.

Now not everyone wants that experience, but if you're there on business, or you love casinos but don't want to stay in one, the Platinum is a respite. I stayed there three years ago with a group, and just returned for CES, the craziest busiest conference of them all. The Platinum made it all bearable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with a full kitchen. At a busy convention, it was dead quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the lovely review. We do appreciate it and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. . I think it is hard to find an escape to this city but it seems like you may have found a new home. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks...
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a great experience with a very spacious room for a family of four. If you need something they are always willing to help. We liked the quiet place and the valet parking. Having the full kitchenallowed to have breakfast everyday. The 7 Eleven store near by and the gas station store are good to get things for the kids. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ligia A
Thank you very much for sharing the great experience you and your family had. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our quite hotel and friendly staff. We do pride ourselves on service. We hope it isn't too long before we have you as our guest again. Thank you.
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Close enough to the Strip, but far enough away to retain your sanity, the Platinum is simply a great Las Vegas hotel. Rooms are huge and well-appointed, but it's quiet, stylish, and perfect. If you're into casinos, you can walk to others, but the hotel itself is in another world. The staff is also excellent - friendly and accommodating. And when we needed a taxi, they have their own vehicles to transport you that a better option. I can't recommend the Platinum high enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
That is an awesome review. I'm very glad to see and read about the team going above and beyond. It was very nice of them to take you in the house car. It isn't always available but when it is and they can WOW you with service, we always encourage it. Thank you again for the great review. We will be waiting for your return. Take care.
Portsmouth
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Massive room with kitchen, Jacuzzi bath, good shower. Got a great price for New Years Eve, walking distance to the strip and has shops close to the hotel for beer and food. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pfc30
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
We appreciate the feedback.We hope we see you back here before NYE 2015. Thank you for the referrals, they are appreciated!