“Luxurious, well appointed, ultra clean rooms with helpful and pleasant staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“Luxurious, well appointed, ultra clean rooms with helpful and pleasant staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Platinum is the only way I'll ever do Vegas from now on.

Forget the traditional cramped rooms with few amenities. This place has full apartments with actual kitchens. I've stayed in rooms that are smaller than the bathroom in my Platinum suite! The kitchens are fully stocked with pots/pans, glasses, plates, and everything else you might need. The suites are spacious, and the on-site restaurants are excellent.

The location is one block from the strip, so it's a little quieter. But I was at Bally's playing cards with just a three minute walk. Well worth the short walk for the peace and quiet. Plus a room this size on the strip would have cost me at least four times the price.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Vikashreddy
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. The first time i walked into the room, i had the same reaction " this is bigger than my apartment". I am glad the walk was enjoyable ( probably less congested than a walk on the upper east side). We look forward to future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

On Arrival at the Platinum we did miss the presence of Mr J Archibald (Previse Manager)I was advised that Mr MaHesh had only been in post for the last week or 2 so good luck to him for the future. we also had a experience with a cab driver from LUCKY CABS or in there case not so LUCKY CABS as we will not be using them where possible on any return visits Julien from Hotel VALET requested that we phoned and reported the CAB DRIVER and number. I would also like to say a big thank you to Julien for his help and the valet team for all of there help throughout our stay

As I was at the Platinum November 2012 I thought it was nice to see the team old and new. I am so pleased to see that Claudia has been promoted to Senior Bar Tender? I think this is just what she needed and I hope she gets on well go for it (the only way is up)

I found all staff to be very helpful and nothing was a bother or a problem to them and a special thank you to the staff in the KILAWAT restraint for all there help.

I enjoy the Platinum so much we have booked to return there next November for 17 Nights for Black Friday and thanks giving so looking forward to that see you all then

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will make sure to share the rave reviews with both Claudia and Julian. Providing exceptional service is something we eat , live and breathe. It seems like Claudia and Julian are really leading by example. Till next year, cheers...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We came to Vegas to see a show, but didn't want to stay at a casino hotel. The platinum Hotel was a perfect choice! The staff was was warm and friendly and our rooms were amazing and it is smoke free which we loved!. We will come back any time we go to Vegas as it was a perfect tranquil retreat after the chaotic energy of the strip.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank aalym43
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is nice coming back to a quite hotel free of smoke and not having to wait 10 minutes to hop on the elevator. Our staff is amazing at making every guest feel welcome while creating a personal touch. Thank you for allowing us to be your retreat. We look forward to your next trip
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

So pleased that I chose the Platinum rather than any of the alternate large, noisy,smoky, and over glitzy LV offerings !!

A real pleasure to return to what is really a one bed condo and be greeted by the personalised warmth of all the staff in a haven of smoke free tranquilllity

As to the view-personally love the mounatin side-also has lights at night-but the morning sunrise and open vista was a delight-compared to the daytime view of the back of hotels
on the strip side-morning sun preferable too

Also, the TV in the bedrooom was changed during my stay for a new flat screen model and I understand from the EXTREMELY helpful rooms Manager-Derek- that soon the carpets will be also upgraded !

So if any of the above points appeal-do not hesitate to go Platinum

Room Tip: East side-cooler when hot and also really panoramic which also includes lots of interesting activit...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank chabaThailand
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear that my team is providing personalized service. We are glad that you were able to enjoy that beautiful morning sunrise without having to deal with a noisy, smoky environment. We look forward to your visit in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent a wonderful three nights at the Platinum this past weekend. All the good things stated by prior reviewers are true. I stayed in room no. 811 facing east, away from the Strip. The room was ultra quiet, clean, and spacious. I'm pretty sure the windows were double or triple pained as I could barely hear any outside traffic and the room also had beautiful blackout drapes.

The balcony was a delight with four chairs and a solid metal table. It was so nice to have morning coffee watching the sun rise and at nights watch the sparkling lights below.

In addition to a fully equipped kitchen, there was also a washer and dryer. They came in very handy after spending a couple nights visiting smokey casinos and bars. I didn't get a chance to dine at the 5th floor restaurant. However, I did check it out along with the pool and deck overlooking the Strip. They were beautiful, clean and contemporary as was the small/stylish bar onthe 1st floor. . I actually prefer the Platinum over the Gold Nugget, Vidara and the Signature as I found them much easier to "navigate" as well as check in and out.

There's also a bus stop out front if you are like me and like to use public transportation.

I'd love to return in July for my birthday.

Room Tip: I'd suggest an East facing room if you've already had a Strip facing one in the past. Of cou...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SanCarlosGuy
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I think the balconies are the most under-utilized aspects of our rooms. Most are going to bed when the sun is coming up but for the rest of us, a cup of coffee, the paper and an amazing view is a great way to start the morning. . We would love to see you back out when its 100+ degrees. I am very pleased to hear that my team is providing fantastic service and most importantly they are creating a clean, safe and comfortable environment. Next time you come back, please check out our restaurant for breakfast or lunch, the Food and Beverage teamis amazing and will take great care of you. Hope to see you in July
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our group decided at the last minute to go to Vegas and got great rates on two suites. We had SO much space in the room and the well equipped kitchens were great for mixing up the cocktails and snacks.
I was extremely impressed by the bellman and reception agent who greeted me and remembered my name the entire weekend. The valet and bell team were also very accommodating.
The location was fine, only one block away from the action.
I had planned on using the spa services, but got too caught up in the party. Next time for sure.
I go to LAS several times a year and have stayed at most of the hotels. I will always consider Platinum first, especially when travelling with friends and need more space.

Room Tip: The Princess suite has plenty of room for several adults. It also has a huge kitchen, big screen TV...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank oceanal
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear that my team is providing fantastic service and most importantly they are creating a clean, safe and comfortable environment. Next time you come back, please check out the Well Spa, those ladies are amazing and will take great care of you. Hope to see you soon
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our 2nd stay and everything was great. On our first visit, we were upgraded to a Princess Suite and Wow! was that wonderful. This trip we had a regular "room" and the only major difference was no washer/dryer or fireplace and perhaps a bit smaller. We were in a room next to someone with a whining, barking dog that fortunately we could only hear in the hallway, otherwise it would have required a move on our part. We have suggested to the staff they keep dogs and their owners together in one area of the hotel not scattered around. But that was the only thing that was even a sort of negative. Otherwise, The Platinum is 1 of 3 hotels we will ever stay at again in Las Vegas....and we are approaching 50 trips there in the past 27 years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ts1052
Thank you for coming back and taking the time to share your experience. I do appreciate your suggestion on a way to resolve any future pet issues. Please reach out to me for your 3rd trip to the Platinum, so i can ensure everything goes flawlessly.