“Excellent Stay and Service”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Platinum Hotel. I had two rooms, both of which were very large and nicely laid out. The management allowed my travelling companion to check in VERY early into one of the rooms and also upgraded his room. When I checked in later, they upgraded my room as well. While the upgrades were not necessary since all of their rooms seem large, they were still appreciated. The hotel is only a Vegas block (that is a long block) from Bally's, so it is very well located. Parking is free, but was valet only. While I would have originally preferred self-parking, the valet service was quick and actually pretty convenient. I would not hesitate to recommend the Platinum Hotel and will return there on my next visit to Vegas.

Room Tip: High floors facing the Strip have the best views.
1  Thank DJSpector
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your guest early arrival and didn't make you jump through unnecessary hoops. Its nice to hear the positives about our valet team and that our team was able to turn a negative a positive. Its just a tad warmer here than in PA, if you wanted to warm up sooner than later.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is a star from start to finish and we will never stay anywhere else in Las Vegas now.
The valet parking is prompt & efficient and the staff were friendly and always ready to help with directions and is free to park , our last hotel was charging $8 self parking and $13 valet parking.
The reception was always pleased to see us , courteous & helpful , our flight was early and we were given a room at once matching our requests emailed to the hotel previously.
We were on the 11th floor facing the strip and the view at night was fantastic , we could even get a partial glimpse of the fountains at the Bellagio.
The rooms are incredibly , massive size and well equipped with everything you need on holiday , double Jacuzzi bath , walk in shower , sitting room with sofa and armchair , full sized kitchen , washer & dryer and a safe.
The only time we had a problem with the bath is was sorted in 15 minutes quickly and efficiently.
We found the location to be excellent both for driving as we were out in the car most days to go shopping or sight seeing and for walking to the strip.
My tip for walking to the strip , which was 8 minutes exactly as we timed it several times , if you do not like walking along the road is to slip into the Sports Book and Restaurants at Bally's rear entrance and then come out at the front reception.
This adds a few minutes on the walk taking it up to 10 minutes , we never felt in the least unsafe walking.
Thank you again to Tripadvisor for pointing us in the right direction and thank you to everyone at the Platinum Hotel for a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: Strip view , we loved watching the strip lit up at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toad69

Thank you for the great review. We are ecstatic to have our hotel be your home away from home . Not only with the size and amenities in the room, but also by being able to give a much more personalized service without all the smoke and noise. As discussed we are currently working to update some items that are showing wear. Please reach out to me when you are ready for some more tranquility.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Platinum hotel for three nights, the service was great, our suite was very spacious and had a balcony overlooking the strip. If you don't mind a short walk to a quiet haven without a casino, it is first class all around, except the lounge service was rather slow at happy hour one day; nevertheless we would stay there again.

Room Tip: try for rooms higher up and facing the LV boulevard strip for night view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lakerwest
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are glad your stay went well and that you would come back to stay with us. We look forward to that visit. All the best.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I visit Las Vegas a minimum of 2 times a year & have always stayed on the Strip..my favorites are Mandalay Bay & Mirage. This trip to Vegas, for the NFR, we decided to try the Platinum after reading the ratings on Trip Advisor. We brought our 2 small dogs with us..which made the Platinum even more attractive! We LOVED the Platinum and won't stay anywhere else in Vegas for our future trips! Roomy suite…with full kitchen…comfy beds and easy accessibility to the strip!
Great, great customer service…from front desk to valet. Thank you Platinum staff!

1  Thank LisaM1165

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy you and your four legged friends enjoyed your stay. We will be certain to recognize the entire team for exceeding your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

we chose the property because of the nice rooms and non smoking. We were looking forward to a nice stay. It w as my birthday and Thanksgiving. Family also lives nearby,

While the room was great, the tv reception was lacking. When I called for a three extra pillows just after check in, I was laughed at and told we only give two. That was the last we saw of housekeeping for three days. No morning coffee, no extra towels, no vacuum, etc.

I called forty mins before I wanted my car and no one picked up the phone. It was then forwarded to guest services. I requested my car be brought around. We go down forty mins later and had to wait ten minutes just to give my ticket to the valet and my car was now here to be seen. When we returned that afternoon, I had to go into the lobby to ask if a valet was on duty because I had been waiting another ten minutes to give someone my keys. If you are going to force valet, then have valets that do their job. I am sure Vegas is filled with experienced valets looking for a job.

Check out was more of the same frustrations, including your computer couldn't perform auto check out from the room. This didn't surprise me given the level of service I witnessed throughout my stay. I went down to get the car because I knew it would take 20 mins. My car shows up after a nice 15 minute wait. I then start to load my car and your valet starts giving my attitude that at I need to move my car. Meanwhile my wife and two kid are struggling to carry all the bags and not one of your lazy door men, people behind the counter or the good for nothing valets ask to help. Instead they all stood and talked. I didn't witness this, my wife informed of thinks on our way home. I was too busy yelling at your valet that I will load my car and never come back if he would shut up and get out of my way.

Stayed: November 2013
15  Thank Bubble_Toes75

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the levels of service your received. I assure you this is not the norm. We will share your review with all team members to ensure that we address and take the proper steps so future visits and guests do not encounter the same concerns. I hope you consider staying with us again, and if you do please ask for me. I would love to personally get involved and make certain you receive the best possible service.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is off the strip, but not in a way thats annoying, its perfectly located so that you can see the strip but you aren't on the strip. The room was enormous! I loved the kitchen and the bathroom! It was a great space for my friends and I to bring food back to the hotel & just sit around & talk. I also would like to compliment the hotel staff, from the check in to the parking valet staff & everyone in between, everyone was courteous, seemed happy working there, and always accommodated my requests. Above all, parking is no hassle & I love the fact that there is no casino to walk through once I am ready to get to my room! I love this place!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, I am not sure if all rooms have a balcony but we loved that we had one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank miss b
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We are proud to hear about the great service our team provided you. We do feel we provide great value. Not only with the size and amenities in the room, but also by being able to give a much more personalized touch to our service. We love to say you not just a number here. Some of the other hotels in Las Vegas you can feel like cattle getting herded into lines. Whether its waiting for a restaurant, lines for front desk, or lines for the elevators, we are very happy we don't make our guests wait.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Platinum on several occasions however this past weekends stay was THE BEST! I booked the Marquise suite because I planned on having a small get together. The suite was exactly what I needed and the staff was so helpful and accommodating especially Jimmy! When my friend and I checked in we had a TON of stuff to take up to the room and he was so helpful and made sure that things went smoothly. Overall my stay at the Platinum was GREAT and I look forward to staying there again in January. I will be making my stay an annual event! I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who is looking for a comfortable offsite hotel that has a great atmosphere minus all the gambling and smoke! :)

Room Tip: The Marquise Suite is FANTABULOUS!!
1  Thank Akita M

Thank you for the raving reveiw. I'm glad you had a blast. We can't wait till your next visit. Please ask for me at check-in. I'd like to introduce myself and offer my services moving forward. Thank you.