“Home Away From Home!!!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First of all, I must say.....I was skeptical of all the hotel prior to my first stay. I heard of the hotel through a promotion with Travelzoo.com, and it was an amazing deal at a hotel that provided everything that I value in a hotel: nice, clean, quiet, very accessible to the Strip without being in the midst of the traffic and chaos within the Strip. A quick glance at the photos on the website appeared "too good to be true" for such a great value. I was utterly surprised once I entered the hotel and saw the accommodations in person. :-)

Staying at the Platinum Hotel puts you close to the center of all the excitement that Las Vegas has to offer, while providing all the comforts and conveniences of being in your very own home. From the large condo-like suites, full-kitchen, and large bedroom and private terrace, to the over-sized jacuzzi tub, washer and dryer, and even the Bose music system in the suite, I feel truly "at home" every single time I visit.

Everyone in the Platinum Hotel staff, from the complimentary Valet Attendants to the Management, are extremely attentive and prompt in making you feel at ease throughout your stay.

I will continue to escape to Vegas as often as possible, and look forward to my "home away from home"

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Well well well...I know who this is...Thank you for the awesome review. I'm glad we have had the opportunity to have you as our guest on multiple occasions now. And I'm glad I have had the opportunity to meet you. I apologize I missed you this last time around. I appreciate the kind words as always. Please let me know when you want to make your next visit and I'll get you set up. Take care sir.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,806)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm surprised with the rave reviews as this place was a disappointment for us. Nothing overly terrible but nothing overly special either. I wish we had of spent a little extra and stayed on the strip. The pool area wasn't very nice, sun lounge cushions so filthy I didn't want to touch them! Rooms weren't very clean, old razor left in the shower and black hair on the bathroom floor the first night. We paid for the "strip view" but it had a view of a power station with the Wynn in the background. Having said all this, the staff were fine and valet guys were pretty helpful when we needed a cab.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I apologize your stay didn't live up to it's expectations. I do thank you for the feedback in which I can work on. We are looking to get our daybeds recovered very soon. If you are looking for the full strip and casino experience we most likely are not a good fit. Our guests often refer to us as a "retreat" from the craziness of the strip so they can relax. If you do decide to stay with us again, please call the hotel and ask for me, and I will assist in your reservation to ensure the cleanliness and view concerns are handled most appropriately. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was our first visit to the Platinum Hotel & Suites, however, it certainly won't be our last. After a last minute scheduling change, and poor reviews from our original hotel choice, my wife and I chose the Platinum, and couldn't have been more pleased with our decision. Not only was our suite spacious and well appointed, but every request was handled promptly by the front desk staff. The fact the we had a full kitchen, made it unnecessary for us to visit the restaurant on the 5th floor, but one can only surmise, that given the quality of everything else this hotel had to offer, I'm sure the restaurant was top notch as well. Everything from the large spa tub, walk in shower, balcony with table and chairs, and top notch staff made our visit to Las Vegas very enjoyable. We'll definitely make the Platinum our Hotel of choice whenever we're in Vegas.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you were satisfied with your choice. We do offer a great value or "bang for your buck". Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Was attending a conference at the Westin, but after reading the "so-so" Trip Advisor reviews of the Westin decided to look for hotel nearby with character and convincing reviews. The Platinum Hotel, just down the street, was a terrific find off the Strip, yet a short walk to "the action". Quiet, non-smoking, large suites. Very convenient in-suite kitchen. Excellent staff -- front desk, valet, restaurant, bar -- everyone was super friendly and helpful. Did not have time to use indoor/outdoor pool but it looked like a very relaxing space with convenient pool-side service from the hotel restaurant. This was my boyfriend's first visit to Las Vegas and after walking thru some of the casino hotels, he commented that he was very happy we were staying in a quieter, less hectic place. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy H

Thank you for the awesome review. I'm glad you read up on us and took a chance. We will be certain to recognize our staff for delivering great customer service. It can be nice to get away from the hoopla every night and have a relaxing retreat. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I loved this place and almost hate to tell others about it for fear it will become a party hotel. First it's off the strip but next to Bally's so you don't need a car if you've come for that. No casino and no smoking provide a respite from the noise and air pollution found in all strip and many Vegas hotels. The staff is top notch providing great service - welcoming and appreciative of your business. The hotel offers free valet parking and has a nice rooftop pool and bar. The rooms are suites with kitchen and stacked washer dry. It really has everything you need. I'm sure there are more family friendly hotels but I would definitely be willing to bring kids here. The only short coming is limited choices dining in the hotel. But since Vegas has many great restaurants you won't miss multiple options in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for completing this review. Although you are correct we are still getting our name out there, we will always strive to be a "non-party" hotel. Our team is well versed on trying to stop party concerns before it affects other guests. I'm glad we met your needs and we hope to see you again next time you are in Vegas. Take care...

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Ok, so I gave it 5 stars, and its a little worn perhaps, but this place is perfect for us now that we are quite seasoned Vegas visitors. Usually quiet, with a lovely pool area and good offers (such as happy hour from 4pm - 8pm etc), this is everything we need from a hotel. Staff are all lovely, and the place seems a bit more personal than some of the massive hotels where you're just another punter.

Benefits of a kitchen, washing machine etc are really practical for those of us who travel to Vegas from outside of America, for long trips. It's only a short walk to Ballys for some cheap gambling and a rest, before heading off and hitting central strip. Metro Pizza (in Ellis Island) is a personal favourite of mine and conveniently nearby.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are proud to be your favorite hotel in Las Vegas. I can say I am also a fan of Metro Pizza. You mentioned our happy hour too. Since living in Las Vegas now for a couple of years I have always looked at happy hours around town. Few if any run as late as we do, and our 1/2 off is a pretty great deal as our prices are reasonable to begin with. I remember one of the first happy hours I went to on the strip I asked the server if I could get the happy hour 1/2 off discount. She told me I did and then I realized how marked up the prices were. Anyways, thanks for the review. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now and like it as it's close to the strip yet far enough away to not feel you're in a circus. Relatively easy access with a car and no slot machines. Staff are friendly and the valet is fast. Internet is good and room service is of a high standard. Rooms are large, more like apartments and everything is very comfortable. You can stay cheaper in Vegas but I'll be back here again I'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. We do fit a nice niche for people that want to get away from the strip after a long night. It can be much more relaxing then constantly fighting through crowds, smoke, and the noise from slot machines. I feel like people that stay here enjoy Las Vegas more as it helps balance out all the commotion which after a few days can really be draining. Thanks for the review, we hope to see you soon.