“One of the best places to stay in Vegas”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“One of the best places to stay in Vegas”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been to vegas several times and always love staying at this place. It has large suites, beautiful pool, restaurant and the best part is it is smoke free (this hotel does not have a casino). I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting vegas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John_LA2013
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I can't thank you enough for the review. Despite being around for several years, some are still just finding out about us. Thank you for your referrals and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
La Puente, California, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friends and I decided to take a trip to Las Vegas for my birthday. I booked three nights (SAT-MON) in a 2 Queen Princess Suite facing the strip. Booking online was a breeze. The price was great for what you got. Kitchen, living room, balcony, and a huge bathroom with soaking tub. At check in I was asked what my reason was for visiting vegas, I told them it was my birthday. Later in the evening after returning to the room I was surprised to find a bottle of champagne, chocolate cake, and a hand written note from the girls that checked me in. The note wished me a great stay and a happy birthday. That was really nice of them, as that type of customer service is something that is rarely seen nowadays at ANY Las Vegas hotels. All in all it was a great trip. The only downside of the trip was some "kids" who decided to trash their room and pull the fire alarm. This caused us to exit the building at around 3 am. But that is no fault to the hotel. Some quick tips: request a higher floor as the views are better. There is a 7-11 around the corner for basic necesseties. Also happy hour in the lobby bar is 2 for 1 drinks. Great times in Vegas, Platinum Hotel exceeded my expectations. Definitely will book again next time I find myself in Vegas.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ernest D
Thank you for the awesome review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the acts of other guests. We do our best to tell guests that this is a non-party hotel, however with that said it is Las Vegas and some still have their own agendas. Some people just can't hanlde Las Vegas. We want all of our guests to enjoy themselves in an appropriate manner. Our Loss Prevention team does a great job stopping a lot of these distruptive guests before they have a chance to impact other guest's stays. We will share with this with the Loss Prevention team and make sure that we did everything in our power to ensure it was not preventable. Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here while I attended a convention. Location was good, you could easily walk to Bally's to pick up the monorail. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We did have a problem with our shower but maintenance came and fixed it within minutes of our call. We ordered room service one morning which was decent but there was a service fee to bring it to the room which we were unaware of. Only thing I was disappointed with was the pool area. It was very blank and plain, it needs some colors or something to make it a little more inviting. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice review. I will share your comments at our next staff meeting and look into ways of spicing up the pool area further. We hope we see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

great stay ...Thanks to Nicole at the front desk as well as Elena?? great staff and a great room...a few cons..wish they had self park but the valet guys are very good and the area around the hotel still is a little sketchy.
Stayed Oct 4-6 and got a great rate through a travelzoo promo.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I love the title of the review. Thank you for staying with us. Seeing as you got your rate through travelzoo, I'm sure it was a stellar deal. We will be certain to thank Nicole, Elena, and the valet crew. Cheers!
Sharon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is our fourth, 7 night stay at the Platinum and it continues to be a home away from home for us. Great staff, great location, and always a great place to relax after long days on business. We will continue to stay here anytime we are in Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and your loyalty to the hotel. It is great to hear that we continue to provide you with a place that fits your needs. Please ask for me Derek Morrison, on your next visit. I'd love to come out and introduce myself as I enjoy meeting all of our regulars. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The entire staff was accommodating and thoughtful, excellent check-in and reception! I'm thankful for the extra touches for my birthday and the fruit infused cold water in the lobby. It was a dream to use the washer and dryer in the room to allow us to pack lightly. Very clean property and close enough to the strip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BurningGiraffes
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit soon!
uk
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We checked in for an 11 night stay on our third visit, paid for the room, had already requested a top floor princess suite- which we got . We had to have a credit card for $200 "in case we trashed the room". Well we had no worries someone had beaten us to it. The carpets were minging and very badly stained. I had to get out of my side of the bed at the bottom due to stains at the side of the bed. We take slippers mine were pink when we landed and BLACK by Tuesday felt you had to wipe your feet on the way out. We had one small glass and four others three mugs
and six coat hangers
between the two of us to last for 11 nights ! come on !!!. We had half a satchet of dishwasher powder, one box of wash powder for the whole of the stay. After being up 22 hours we wanted to eat and go in the jaccuzzi. After filling the deep tub switched it on,the water was black-never been cleaned in its lifetime.We filled it three times and on the fourth came clean if not
would have requested a floor change , no point in having the same .We had to beg for toilet rolls.

Room Tip: A clean room would help avoid the 17th floor especially 1707.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UkShony
Thank you for your review. I am very disheartened to hear about your poor experience. I know our team is capapble of doing a much better job. We will use this review and share it with the team so they see all the concerns you encountered. You shouldn't have to ask for items, they should be in your room prior to your arrival. Also with regards to the overall cleanliness we will look at who was assigned your room and address accordingly. Although I don't enjoy hearing about the bad experiences, I am a strong believer that we can learn from our mistakes and do better moving forward. Thank you again for the review and again my sincere apologies.