“EXCELLENT: Suites, Staff, and Service!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix AZ
“EXCELLENT: Suites, Staff, and Service!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have had the pleasure of being a guest at the Platinum dozens of times over the past few years and I am always amazed at the level of service provided.

Excellent suites, staff, and service are a sure thing with every stay at the Platinum!

Room Tip: All suites hotel...Never had a bad room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank laurie_kaminski
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello Laurie! Thank you for being such a loyal and wonderful customer. I can't thank you enough for your continued business and writing lovely reviews on us. Please ask for me when you are at the hotel next I would love to come out and chat.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for the weekend at the Platinum Hotel and we had a pleasant experience overall from the customer service to the lofty suite we stayed in.

The staff provided quality customer service and were friendly and personable but also there to provide assistance whether or not you asked for it--thank you!

The hotel itself appeared well-maintained. They had a pool (split indoor and outdoor) with a max depth of about 4 feet. There was a bar by the pool, comfortable seating throughout, and a small hot tub. The hotel restaurant flanked the pool area so the food and entertainment features were conveniently located close to one another.

The gym had a little bit of everything but it was relatively small. I expect as many as 4-5 people would make the space feel crowded.

The suite layout was very open and inviting. We had washer/dryer connections, a full kitchen, a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and shower, a fireplace (though we didn't notice it until the end of our visit). My only complaint would be on the cleaning of the room prior to our arrival. There was splattering of what appeared to be vomit on the side of one of the couches and I'm not sure how long it has been there for but I'm surprised the housekeepers missed it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. If you find sometime and can contact me directly I'd love to know which room this was so we can address with the associate assigned your room. This is unacceptable. I'd also like to get you my contact information to keep in touch in case your travels bring you back to the area. derekmorrison@lvplatinum.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Firstly, the hotel itself. Very comfortable with huge rooms, has a little wear and tear but this gives it a more 'lived in' feeling and makes it a more comfortable place to stay. Large welcoming beds, good balconies, fantastic bathrooms with spa baths. The staff are excellent and helpful with top marks for customer service.
Secondly, the surrounding area of the hotel. We walked to back entrance of Ballys in five minutes, it is very easy and no problem for abled bodied people to get to. The biggest drawback is the grubby streets and vacant lots. I understand that this is not the hotels fault, but it really takes away from the overall experience. That said, we never felt nervous at all as the street is busy at all times.
All in all, a very good hotel that I would have given 5 stars if only it was in a more pleasant area/

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. Although we can do little about the surrounding area, it is good to know that it didn't hinder your stay too much. We hope you consider us again should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Platinum has a perfect location . . . near, but not on the Strip. This makes getting in and out of the property a breeze but still keeps you close to the action. We had one of the smaller suites, but it was nicely appointed and it was nice to have a fridge to chill champagne and a microwave to warm up leftovers that were too expensive to waste. Not having a casino on the property is a bit strange in Vegas, but it's not like there's a shortage of places to gamble. The ultimate testament is that we would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: The east side of the property has beautiful mountain vistas.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the comments. I think you answered the most important question of them all when ,llking about a hotel. Would you recommend to your friends or family memembers? This question helps encompass an overall stay value as well. Thanks again for your review.
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Best hotel stay ever! The room was huge with every comfort of home; full kitchen, washer, dryer, and oversized whirlpool bath, fireplace, etc. We used the grocery service that was available and everything was ready by the time we checked in at noon. The staff is what made this hotel exceptional because everyone had a smile and a greeting as soon as they saw you. Not a gripe was overheard; very professional attitude by all. I must mention Jimmy, a valet, and Gita, a concierge, because they was excellent in Customer Service. We took advantage of the Well Spa and the on-site restaurant and both were great. This is a non-smoking, non-casino hotel which was what we were looking for. It is in walking distance to the Las Vegas Strip. We would recommend the Platinum Hotel and Spa and definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be certain to recognize Jimmy, Gita, and the Well Spa staff. Please come back and visit!
FL
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I chose to stay at the Platinum Hotel and Spa after reading several reviews here and also after having not so good experience elsewhere in Vegas last year. This time I was visiting for work and i wanted to be walking distance to where there was a conference and still have good quality. Below are my notes / observations on the hotel. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed on 16th floor in a standard king suite. (all rooms are suites)
1) The carpet looks new so you can disregard prior reviews about gross carpet. I do yoga so I can say for sure that the carpet is either new or very very clean.
2) The room / kitchen/bath were all very very clean - no evidence of prior guests etc.
3) The suite is very very spacious I did not expect so much space. wow. The tub is huge and lots of closet and drawer space / tables - space to spread out. Nice separate sitting area. Nice balcony.
4) Kitchen nicely equipped. Just bring food.
5) two t.v's one in bedroom and one in sitting area.
6) Location is about a 7 minute walk to the strip - you just walk up Flamingo and you hit the strip just behind Cesears and Bally's.
7) Lounge has happy hour between 4 and 7pm - nice price on drinks / food. I had artichoke dip and it was good.
8) Staff very pleasant. There was always always a doorman / valet present.
9) Free wifi. The first night the wifi kept dropping but the other 3 nights there were no issues.
10) Bathroom seems remodeled - nice large mirrors, frameless glass shower door. Deep tub.
11) Bed was very comfy and a/c was not loud. Very quiet floor.

Negative issues (very minor):
1) Valet parking only -so if you have friends coming to spend time w/ you at the lounge then they have to do valet parking. Valet parking is free and based on tips only but still annoying they can't just have some visitor parking.
2) Construction nearby is eyesore but that is temporary thing.
3) Although they provide free coffee in the room kitchens w/ the coffee machine -there is no tea and I am big tea drinker and most hotels offer tea. That was disappointing. also the creamer was dried creamer and not the little creamer containers. That was a bummer because that is a standard elsewhere.

I would stay here again. Is nice and quiet and smoke free. There is NO casino in this hotel and to me that was a blessing. I could walk to the casinos - shopping, shows etc. and then leave all the noise excitement and come back to sanctuary and quiet.

The price was similar to other places nearby and I felt the value was way better. I had friends staying at nearby hotel /casino and they paid similar prices and received far less. The Platinum is a steal!.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dmacbean
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the very detailed review. I'm glad you agree that we are a "steal" when looking at our value compared to others. We do have some structural challenges regarding how the hotel was built and why we do valet parking only. I do apologize about the construction. If you come back reach out to me. I will ensure we have plenty of the non-dry creamer waiting for you in your fridge. Thanks again for all the positive comments. We hope we see you soon.
Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here after a recommendation from family and the Platinum didn't disappoint. We paid a few dollars extra for an upgrade to have a washer and dryer in the room which is a great bonus when on an extended trip.
The staff were professional and helpful, decor very nice, pool area (although we didn't have time to use it) looked great.The hotel overall we considered very quiet.
The 10 minute walk to the strip was ok and even later at night there was a reasonable amount of foot traffic which lessened our concerns about personal safety.
Getting a taxi from the hotel which we did several times, can be a bit hit and miss. We found it easiest to walk to the Westin across the road where there always seemed to be taxis lined up.
We thought the suite to be very good value, room service breakfast was value & enjoyable, no on site casino a bonus and we would stay again.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the strip at night is worthwhile
1 Thank CottageCruisers
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I would agree the few extra bucks it costs to upgrade to a Princess Suite is worth it. Especially if you are here for more than a couple of days. Please thank your friends/family for recommending us. We hope we get to see you again should you make the trip again.