“Great location if you don't want to be right on the strip!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“Great location if you don't want to be right on the strip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my birthday. The hotel as surprisingly nice considering the location is off the strip. The hotel staff was more than accommodating, even calling us by name when we went to check in. We were able to have groceries delivered to our hotel since you have a kitchen it makes it easier. Overall, it was a great deal for the location.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I am glad you chose to stay with us on your birthday. I am also happy to know that your one night stay was comfortable and convenient. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Hope you had a happy birthday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
fresno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We've stayed here 3 or 4 times in the last year or two. We were very happy with the price of only 1 bill, which is a good value, even in Vegas It is a great value if you don't want a casino hotel and don't want to be in the middle of everything, but want to be close. No smoking, no noise, nice balcony (ok view -- never had a a great view of city -- will try mountain side next time). Nice big room, great full kitchen. Service is good, but not like a 4 star hotel. Lacks many amenities of a typical 4 star hotel. Parking is kind of a pain. I think this would be better characterized as a nice 3 star or a 3.5 star hotel. We've stayed at a half dozen places in vegas and this place hands-down remains our go-to place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelgoo
I would like to thank you giving us this review. I am happy to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and continue to stay with us on your visits to Las Vegas. Many of our guests, just like yourself, love the fact that we are a quaint Vegas hotel with out all the smoke and noise. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have not written a trip advisor review in a while, but it's 11:15 pm and I just tried to order room service and they are closed! I'm staying at this hotel attending a business meeting and was up late setting things for the morning in my meeting space and lost track of time and got back to my room hungry only to find this out. Last time I checked I am in Las Vegas...on a weekend...and there is no room service...and it's not like it's 4am or anything. I considered ordering a pizza for delivery...but the front desk said I would have to come to the lobby to pick it up...I think I will just go to bed. Besides this discovery the rest of the hotel is really nice, the rooms are huge, and things have been going great. I have no reason to rate any of the other services poorly.

1 Thank Nick A
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced for not having room service, and the fact that we ask our guests to come down staris to collect their deliveries. The primary reason we do that is safety and privacy. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and I hope you choose us on your future stays. We certainly appreciate your business.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 4 nights while in Las Vegas.
Hotel is lovely and clean. Everything you need!
All staff really friendly and helpful.
Rooms are amazing! Huge with kitchens/ breakfast bar, spacious bathroom with whirlpool bathtubs! We were lucky to get upgraded to a strip view room too which was fantastic.
We could see part of the Bellagio fountains and the strip looked brilliant at night.
We wanted a hotel that was quite.
We love our sleep and choose this one after reading reviews.
Slept perfectly no noise and just a short walk from the strip.
Couldn't ask for a better hotel.
Would highly recommend to others who like a peaceful sleep - whenever that maybe as you are in Vegas!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank nikki1b
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us from our huge rooms with kitchens to our comfortable beds to the view of the Bellagio fountain from your balcony. I hope you we earned the right to serve you again on your future trips to Las Vegas.
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Looking for a quiet room, friendly staff and a smoke free place to hang your hat? The Platinum offers all of that. Plus space to spare in their well-appointed suites. The only inconvenience was having to call down for cookware which is not ordinarily stocked in the kitchen. Otherwise, the double size jetted bath, comfortable beds and quiet suites are worth the extra $ over the on-strip properties. We will return to the Platinum!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the desert view and watching planes take off from LAS airport.
1 Thank DestinyVP
I am glad you enjoyed our smoke free property as well as our large and weel-appointed suites. Thank you for taking the time to give us this great review, and we certainly look forward to making your future stays with us just as memorable.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I just got back from a short trip to Vegas and stayed here at the Platinum. While this hotel is not on the strip, it is very close. You can walk and be at Bellagio in less than 15 min. or take a cab and be there in 5-10 min. We did both. Though after walking the second time we decided to just take a cab. This is mainly due to some homeless people that hang out on the side of the road. Most were fine and said/did nothing, but some were loud and borderline belligerent.

Anyways... back to the hotel. It was great. We got a great deal through Snique Away and had a Strip View Suite. During the day the view was ok, but at night it is much better! Oh, and the room is massive! It was a full suite and could easily be small apartment. Had virtually everything there you would need, and if it didn't you could call the front desk and get most things. Very convenient if you want to do any cooking. The bed was also great. We are in the process of relocating and our own mattress is on storage so the King bed was nice and soft. Plenty of room to spread out. We almost didn't leave due to the bed... but alas we had to get back to real life.

Speaking of food, we had breakfast at the hotel several times and was very pleased. Surprisingly the food it is not expensive either. If you want to wander from the hotel there are places with larger selections, but if you want basic breakfast (eggs, pancakes, continental breakfast, and the like) then just save time and money and stay and eat here. We had lunch by the pool a couple of times and it also was good. lot of food for the money.

Service was amazing. Every single person we interacted with was beyond friendly - and not fake either. They seemed to genuinely care how you were doing. From pool side service to the bar, it was all great. I was more than impressed with the service.

We would definitely stay here again. Don't hesitate to book just cause it is off the strip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jhackathorne
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review about us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and saw the benefit of having a fully equipped room with a kitchen. The view is indeed spectacular at night, glad you enjoyed your strip view accommodation. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future stays with us.
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

First I would like to say from the time we got our courtesy valet,(Where in Vegas do you get complimentary parking)? at such a well appointed and Pristine hotel yes that's correct, a courtesy valet, to helping with luggage, and checking in the service was prompt, courtesy and with a smile and ready to answer any and all questions, very efficient the girls at front desk namely Alexa, and the bell hop that help carry up our luggage went thoroughly over every appointment in our fantastic 10 star hotel room, (more like an apartment), it was clean, functional, comfortable bedding, huge jacuzzi tub, call me crazy I cooked the days I was there in the lovely kitchen with all the beautiful stainless steel appliances, facing the strip it was bright, from all the lights and close to all casino. If you like to Gamble and the shows.

How did I miss this hotel in the past I will never know, with its Non-Smoking, no gambling, it was quiet, clean smelled good, and so personable, I cannot wait to come back soon, I have found my new home away from home!!!

P.S. Cookies in the evening,(Complimentary) have sweet dreams!!

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor corner great view, but I think they are all like this not sure, I cannot wai...
2 Thank Bellamia007
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderful detailed review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have finally found your hotel of choice in Las Vegas. We look forward to you staying with us on all your future trips. We appreciate your feedback and your business.