“A terrific Suite with kitchen”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dublin, New Hampshire
“A terrific Suite with kitchen”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were pleased with all the touches at this hotel. The kitchen area was very nice, and all the furnishings were top shelf. We sat out on the balcony,( we were on the 10th floor) and looked out over the city. This hotel is just off the strip, so there is less traffic and congestion. We walked down to the main action and took it all in, and were glad to head back to our relaxing rooms. The shower and whirlpool tub completed the process. The staff were very nice, I went down and bought some sandwiches and sodas and had a nice chat with a staff member, who got me a bag when he saw my hands were full and was very helpful. We had cocktails in the "Stir" lounge and had the featured $5 martini's that were great. I would recommend this hotel, also the $130 rate was less than we paid at other less appointed hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LeslieS1
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review you gave our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed our Happy Hour at Stir Lounge. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Gibraltar
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We arrived late after 25 hours travelling from Europe and got a cab from airport to hotel. We were only staying the 1 night before transferring to one of the bigger resorts in the city. The valets at this hotel are excellent and approachable.

Once we had arrived I went to check in and apologised for being late, only to be told " name please"....I gave her my name and she asked for credit card details so she could put a deposit against the room and on check out release the funds. We asked if we could pay cash as a deposit and she said "unfortunately not".

We found her attitude very unproffesional and cold. Almost uninterested , which is fine, but at least show some enthusiasm. No character or personality whatsoever!

The room was a nice size and had a fair size bathroom with an outside balcony overlooking the city. The strangest thing about this place was you have big balconies , but you are not allowed to smoke outside. I personally do not care as I do not smoke, but very odd.

The shower was very poor water pressure, but if working properly would be a good shower. The toilet was blocked and despite several attempts with the plunger provided in the cupboard there was no joy.

We checked out and the girl on reception was wonderful. I reported the toilet to her and she was apologetic and thanked me for reporting it. I got the bill and she said if I asked one of the valets they would order a cab for us. Pleasent girl.

I have no feelings for this place and I left with an open mind, but the reality is I probably will not go back there. I am sure it is a lovely hotel, but too many issues in a 12 hour period for me and for that alone i am OUT.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for all the incidents that took place during your stay with us, as well as the impersonal service you received upon check in. This is completely unlike us and the type of customer service we are known to provide. I will look into this myself and I assure you that there will not be a reoccurance of this in the future. We thank you for your business and hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to change your mind. We appreciate your feedback and again I apologize for the inconvenience.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everyone is already raving about this hotel in many reviews, so I will touch on some very specific examples and ditch the generalities. There was a total us 5 girls who stayed here last weekend for 2 nights/3 days:

- Check in: My flight was delayed overnight and unfortunately I arrived to the hotel at 6AM dazed and sleepless. I knew check in was much later in the day so I expected that they would just hold my bags and I'd sleep on the sofas at the pool. Lucky for me, our room was already prepared and ready (Im guessing no one stayed there the night prior). It was on a high level, and just beautiful scene of the mountains. The front desk made my check in quick and easy.

- Room service: Because there were so many of us girls, there were several requests made over the phone...extra towels, pots/pans, etc. Each and every time they came promptly with everything needed. The front desk would even call us 30 mins later to be sure we received everything.

- Food Delivery: There is a policy that food delivery drivers (non-hotel affiliated) cannot go up to the hotel rooms (which I think is a brilliant safety feature). Our orders were made at 2-3am after partying, there was always enough staff downstairs (even at this ungodly hour) to help bring my food up after I paid the delivery driver.

- Taxis from the hotel: There was never a long taxi line at the hotel, and on one occassion when it was taking a bit longer for a taxi to arrive (we were waiting for a van/SUV taxi) the hotel offered to drive us using the house car. The driver was pleasant to speak and helpful about tips of places to go and see, I regret not catching his name.

- Room in general: We had a standard suite with 2 queen beds and a pullout sofabed. It was more than enough for 5 tiny asian girls. The bathroom is practical, 2 sinks, a shower, and a jet whirlpool tub,etc. The full kitchen was a steal, we made breakfast every morning AND there is a dishwasher.

Any negative comments? No
Any constructive comments? It is probably worthwhile to open your kitchen with a small staff and serve fast food/room-service on Friday and Saturday nights (from midnight to 3AM) - maybe during the summer season when it gets busy. Partygoers often get to the hotel drunk and starving, and whenever they order food from delivery services (which could take almost 2 hrs), I hear they fall asleep before the driver arrives so those restaurants just end up losing money. Just a suggestion!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for the time you took to give us this wonderful review. I am happy that your stay with us was memorable. We do what it takes, many times we go above and beyond, as you mentioned in order to make sure our guests are well taken care of. I am glad to know that all your special requests were fullfilled in a timely fashion, as well as getting your late night snack delivered to your room. We certianly appreciate our guests giving us suggestions and feedback and thank you for your business. We hope to be able to provide you with the same excellent customer service on all your future trips to Las Vegas.
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Six of us girls shared a suite for a reunion in Vegas. Plenty of space, clean, great patio outside our suite for coffee and breakfast in the morning. Even with only one bathroom, we made it work. Pool deck was comfortable and relaxing. Service was great and the lunch menu was yummy.
Quick and safe walk to the strip. Very easy and quick access to the airport as well, we averaged about a $15 cab fair.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review you gave our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed our pool and our pool menu. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future and I'm glad that your girls' reunion turned out great.
Baltimore
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Platinum has become my place of choice in Las Vegas. It has become our home away from home for many reasons but especially the service and rooms. My wife and I enjoy the lights, noise, etc. of Vegas, but when it is time for rest we like a more quiet atmosphere and Platinum provides this to enable us to recharge for another day on the town. The rooms (apartments) are spacious and allows some privacy from others in the travelling party. The room was very clean and when we had some lighting issues the call to the desk was taken on the second call and responded to within ten minutes. The technician fixed the issue immediately. Great job. I always have trepidation regarding valet parking but here it is another plus. The valets remembered us from our last trip (eight months ago) and had our car in no time. I would recommend the Platinum to anyone who loves the action but also wants to have great value and a great room in Las Vegas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am extremely happy to hear that we provided you with the quiet and comfortable accommodation you were looking for. Choosing to stay with us again speaks volumes, and I am delighted to know you will choose to stay with us again on your future trips to Las Vegas. We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel and we certainly look forward to providing you with the same great service in the future.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed in the Platinum on a number of occasions and still feel it is the best value for those that want the best of both worlds, convenient location near the strip without being in an establishment that allows smoking and a casino on the premises. For the value, the amenities are top notch and the best aspect is the customer service. I was recognized immediately upon arriving and the staff member (Eugene) remembered my name. That type of service speaks volumes. I would definitely recommend for those considering options to give the Platinum a try. I have personally recommended the hotel to several co-workers that have booked with the Platinum in the future. Keep up the great service!

Room Tip: Strip view is highly recommended!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for being a return guest of our hotel. As you mentioned in the great review you gave us, we provide all of our guests with top notch service and we strive to continue to do so. Thank you once again for referring us to your co-workers and we look forward on continuing to provide you as well as your referrals with the same personal and professional service as we have done in the past. Thank you for your business.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We got married at Vegas Weddings and rented the Marquise Suite to hold our reception. This was a very Do It Yourself wedding and the Platinum was the perfect spot to host an after party.

Technically you're not to have more than 6 people in your room at a time, but we had close to 30 without issues. I stepped into the hallway for a bit to make sure we weren't creating a disturbance and it was quiet at a mouse, despite the party inside. We got all our food and booze from Costco and were able to transport it easily upstairs via the glass doors near the elevator. We called down a few times for missing items (more pots pans/can opener) and concierge got them to us right away. For music we created a playlist on my laptop and ran it through the Bose radio in the living room, which was very helpful. Plenty of room for a group of our size.

The intagibles here were great as well. You must us Valet if you're parking at the hotel, but it is free (just tip) and the crew is top notch. I had several trips in and out of the hotel and they always kept my car right up front to help. Very professional.

The lobby and rooms are very nice and the view of the strip from the Marquise Suite's L-Shaped balcony was very nice as well. If you're looking for a smoke-free, casino-free hotel near the strip, look no further.

Room Tip: As for as high up of a room as you can get for the best view of the strip.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review you gave our hotel and our staff. I am very glad your stay with us will be extremely memorable to you althought we highly discourage hosting parites in our suites. For future events please contact one of our banquet and catering managers, as we have some beautiful banquet space available for hosting special occassions. Congratulations on your marriage, and we appreciate your business.