“Repeat stay at Platinum”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Platinum has become my place of choice in Las Vegas. It has become our home away from home for many reasons but especially the service and rooms. My wife and I enjoy the lights, noise, etc. of Vegas, but when it is time for rest we like a more quiet atmosphere and Platinum provides this to enable us to recharge for another day on the town. The rooms (apartments) are spacious and allows some privacy from others in the travelling party. The room was very clean and when we had some lighting issues the call to the desk was taken on the second call and responded to within ten minutes. The technician fixed the issue immediately. Great job. I always have trepidation regarding valet parking but here it is another plus. The valets remembered us from our last trip (eight months ago) and had our car in no time. I would recommend the Platinum to anyone who loves the action but also wants to have great value and a great room in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am extremely happy to hear that we provided you with the quiet and comfortable accommodation you were looking for. Choosing to stay with us again speaks volumes, and I am delighted to know you will choose to stay with us again on your future trips to Las Vegas. We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel and we certainly look forward to providing you with the same great service in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,789)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed in the Platinum on a number of occasions and still feel it is the best value for those that want the best of both worlds, convenient location near the strip without being in an establishment that allows smoking and a casino on the premises. For the value, the amenities are top notch and the best aspect is the customer service. I was recognized immediately upon arriving and the staff member (Eugene) remembered my name. That type of service speaks volumes. I would definitely recommend for those considering options to give the Platinum a try. I have personally recommended the hotel to several co-workers that have booked with the Platinum in the future. Keep up the great service!

Room Tip: Strip view is highly recommended!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to personally thank you for being a return guest of our hotel. As you mentioned in the great review you gave us, we provide all of our guests with top notch service and we strive to continue to do so. Thank you once again for referring us to your co-workers and we look forward on continuing to provide you as well as your referrals with the same personal and professional service as we have done in the past. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We got married at Vegas Weddings and rented the Marquise Suite to hold our reception. This was a very Do It Yourself wedding and the Platinum was the perfect spot to host an after party.

Technically you're not to have more than 6 people in your room at a time, but we had close to 30 without issues. I stepped into the hallway for a bit to make sure we weren't creating a disturbance and it was quiet at a mouse, despite the party inside. We got all our food and booze from Costco and were able to transport it easily upstairs via the glass doors near the elevator. We called down a few times for missing items (more pots pans/can opener) and concierge got them to us right away. For music we created a playlist on my laptop and ran it through the Bose radio in the living room, which was very helpful. Plenty of room for a group of our size.

The intagibles here were great as well. You must us Valet if you're parking at the hotel, but it is free (just tip) and the crew is top notch. I had several trips in and out of the hotel and they always kept my car right up front to help. Very professional.

The lobby and rooms are very nice and the view of the strip from the Marquise Suite's L-Shaped balcony was very nice as well. If you're looking for a smoke-free, casino-free hotel near the strip, look no further.

Room Tip: As for as high up of a room as you can get for the best view of the strip.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the great review you gave our hotel and our staff. I am very glad your stay with us will be extremely memorable to you althought we highly discourage hosting parites in our suites. For future events please contact one of our banquet and catering managers, as we have some beautiful banquet space available for hosting special occassions. Congratulations on your marriage, and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came back and stayed for 5 nights last week and had a great time. I had requested a quiet location overlooking the pool and the first room wasn't quite right, so we got moved straight away to a perfect location, including complimentary champagne as it was my birthday. Elena on the front desk was great, as were all the staff, including housekeeping and the porters who helped with taxis and luggage, everyone was very friendly and professional. Only problem we had was the toilet blocked up twice but this was very promptly fixed, again by friendly maintenance staff. Food and service around the pool is great, good location halfway very near The Strip. Very relaxing stay, thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and overlooking the pool, good views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad to hear that your second stay with us was extremely enjoyable, from our staff members to the champagne, and needless to say, our accommodations. We are happy you chose to stay with us again, and appreciate your return business, and hope to serve you again on your future trips to Las Vegas. Thank you for your great review of our hotel and we certainly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a convention - so not only did I have a room - but they servers us breakfast, lunch, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Plus we used their meeting rooms.

It was always impressive, clean and up-scale. It did not disappoint. We were a large group they gave us great rates, and treated us well.

It is not on the strip - but within walking distance. (In proximity it is close to the Flamingo and the Bellagio (about a 2 block walk )

Room Tip: I stayed on the 17TH floor facing the strip - great views. Very quiet at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Annie Y

We certainly appreciate group reservations and I am happy to hear that you were very impressed with our property as well as our staff. I would like to thank you for the wonderful review that you gave our hotel and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Las Vegas. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just returned yesterday from my second stay at Platinum Hotel and Spa. The standard room was spacious. I could not have felt more at home. I had everything I could ask for with their beautiful, modern kitchen to the small living room with a balcony, luxurious bath and the most comfortable bed and pillows I have slept in that I can ever remember. Staff and room service are the best. Hope to go again this year!

2  Thank Pam M

I am happy you enjoyed our hotel, staff and all the facilities that we have to offer. I am also very pleased to hear that you loved our beds and pillows. We hear the same thing from numerous guests. Thank you for the great review of our hotel and we hope you can stay with us again this year. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Was hesitant about meeting a friend in Vegas because I enjoy quiet, can't tolerate smoke and don't gamble! Our stay at the Platinum was so pleasant I'd return to Vegas just to stay there!
Easy walk to the strip and great night view of the town from the window of our very spacious apartment. Great stay here if you want to be near everything but not in the chaos of Vegas.

Room Tip: higher floor facing the strip is best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sagitta A

I am glad you decided to meet your friends in Las Vegas and chose us as your hotel. Many of our guests enjoy staying with us for the same reasons. Our non-smoking and non-gaming hotel encourage the non gambling tourists to choose us for their accommodation. Thank you for your wonderful review and we certainly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you on all your future trips to Las Vegas.