“Great service and free wi-fi unlike most other hotels here”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great service and free wi-fi unlike most other hotels here”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a business conference and despite some late nights the staff were respectful, respected my privacy and cared about my safety. I visited other hotels during my stay and everyone was equally courteous, but I am glad I stayed here.

All the suites were large and well appointed, and I even had two double beds. Wifi is very important to me and here it was seamless with no timeouts. I could easily see myself staying here even on an extended business trip.

I wish my apartment was like this!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I really appreciate the great review you gave us. Free wifi is one of our top selling points. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was courteous. We always do our best to make sure our guests are happy and well taken care of. Thank you for your business and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,026)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I moved to the Platinum after spending a week at the Luxor for business. For less money, the room was twice as big, clean, had a full kitchen & a huuuuge bathroom with a hot tub for two. No noisy, smell casino to wade through (unless we wanted to). They also offer grocery services to stock the kitchen (there's nothing too close by), as well as reasonably priced room service. The only downside is that there was some street noise (our room was on the street-side...but it actually did get quiet late at night). And it's not on the strip, which means a 10 minute walk through a not-very-pleasant area or a $7 cab ride. But for an extra $14 a day in cab, it was definitely worth it.
One more note: we had to leave early because of an emergency at home. The front desk helped get us out the door quickly so we could get to our flight. I've never had service like that at one of the casino hotels...

1 Thank Patrick K
I would like to personally thank you for this great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our huge rooms as well as all the services we provide our guests with such as the stocking of your kitchen with groceries. Thank you for your business and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future. And I hope that all went well with the emergency at home.
Melbourne
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel ticked alot of boxes for our family so our experience was mostly positive. Firstly the hotel represented good value for money. We looked at booking the Manderin Oriental because our friends were staying there but could not justify the extra $140.00 a night for a much smaller room. Our suite was very large, we had a bedroom with two Queen beds, and a fold out sofa bed in the living room. There is also a fully self contained kitchen and a balcony which looked over part of the strip. We also liked the washer driver in the room as we had been traveling for 3 weeks and the ability to do our own laundry was a huge bonus.
The hotel offers free WiFi and the breakfast was very good for the price- we spent $8.00 for bacon & eggs at our hotel, over at the Manderin it was $21.50 and with two boys we just felt the food here was very reasonable in comparison.
What we didn't like so much was the walk to the strip- we knew it was two blocks but we didn't realise two blocks was a 15 minute walk which was a bit of a hassle when we wanted to go out and see the strip. We avoided driving at all costs as the traffic around the strip can be horrendous during peak times. Although we didn't want to stay at a smokey casino strip hotel, something a little closer would have been better.
The service here was good but then you would expect that in Las Vegas- it certainly wasn't exceptional. The negatives for us were that the House keeping was a little disappointing at times and the location to the strip. If my wife & I were coming back for a holiday without our kids, then we would definately stay closer to the strip but for us this place was a good choice.
One tip I could offer is to ask valet to use their hotel van to take you where you want to go. We didn't realise they had this service but found out about it from someone else so just ask. You have to pay the valet to use it but its cheaper than a taxi and much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a strip view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for the great review you gave our hotel. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in our large guestrooms and saw the benefit of having a fully equipped kitchen. As I mentioned in a previous response to another one of our guests, not having the resort fees is a huge plus for our guests since at the end of the day, it all adds up. For those who travel as long as you do, having the washer and dryer is extremely convenient. I appreciate your feedback regarding our housekeeping, and I assure you to bring this to the attention of our Director of Rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you choose us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have chosen this hotel based on price. Although it had similar price per night to other well known hotels on a strip, it had free wi-fi and no resort fees which was a big bonus for us.

We weren't very keen on valet-only car park as we prefer to be more independent. in the end we opt for walking to strip (about 10mins walk) and forgot to have some dollars for tips for valet stuff and felt a bit embarrassed about it.

Room was very big and clean. Loved it! we really loved jacuzzi as it was nice to relax after few days of road trip and sleeping in 2 star motels. However, when we turned on jacuzzi , some dirt came out from jacuzzi jets.

2 Thank gosiaczkowo D
Thank you for your review, and we do appreciate our guests' feedback. I would like to truly apologize about the jacuzzi jets not being completely drained out. Our housekeeping department pays very close attention to cleanliness. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the free wifi. This is one of the reasons we stand out amongst all the other hotels, not having resort fees is a big plus to our guests. I would like to thank you for your business and we hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Jan 2013 for 5 days - perfect!

Huge room with full kitchen, hot tub, outside patio and simply amazing customer service from all who worked there.

Just a block away from The Strip and not a casino itself. You can party hard and come back here to relax and take a dip in the pool up on the roof. Definitely recommended, would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
I would like to thank you for the great review you gave us. I am happy you enjoyed our property as well as out facilities. Many of our guests simply love the fact that we are a non-gaming hotel for the same reasons you do. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and ourstaff, and we look forward to providing you with the same excellent customer service on your next stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked a room at The Platinum Hotel to hang in Vegas with our family on returning from camping in the Grand Canyon. The rooms are an outstanding value (large, nicely decorated, energy efficient). The people are very helpful and friendly, even to a family covered in red dirt. Pool and restaurant are great. The best thing of all is that it is one block to the strip, and it's not a casino. No getting lost trying to find the elevators, no smoke, no drunk losers at slot machines. Just a lovely hotel, period.

I read some of the other reviews and find some of them a little unrealistic. They don't have self-parking, and the valets are outrageously helpful. The value (we had a princess suite with a washer/dryer in it) is incredible. And it's just a nice place.

I recommend it without reservation (and with a reservation, even better :-))!

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the strip are pretty fun.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderul review. I am glad to hear that your trip to the Grand Canyon was very enjoyable. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, facilities, and our friendly staff. Our guests love the fact that we are a non-gaming and a non-smoking property. Glad your stay with us was a very pleasant and memorable one. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your future visits to Las Vegas.
Brechin, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Platinum is a very good alternative to strip hotels. I stayed for a week last week. I chose it as i wanted excerise walking to strip to play poker even tho i had a car. I walked all hours of th day didnt feel unsafe tho ther are a few homeless on the way. I needed a computer to edit a doc, there was no business centre so they let me use front desk computer. Nice touch. One day it was raining they offered to drive me. Always plenty of staff around to open doors get help etc. Only issue plumbing in bathroom was a little noisy after a flush. Didnt bother to complain. Got a deal on priceline. So very satisfied. Doesnt have near the opulance of aria. Bellagio venetian etc but good value if u ok to be .5 mile off strip like a larger space and you like people kissing your butt

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for this great review you gave us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was very helpful and courteous. Our guests love the spacious accommodations and all the amenities and facilities we offer, as well as the outstanding customer service we are used to providing our guests with. We thank you for staying with us and hope you come back in the future.