“good choice for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
London, United Kingdom
“good choice for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have chosen this hotel based on price. Although it had similar price per night to other well known hotels on a strip, it had free wi-fi and no resort fees which was a big bonus for us.

We weren't very keen on valet-only car park as we prefer to be more independent. in the end we opt for walking to strip (about 10mins walk) and forgot to have some dollars for tips for valet stuff and felt a bit embarrassed about it.

Room was very big and clean. Loved it! we really loved jacuzzi as it was nice to relax after few days of road trip and sleeping in 2 star motels. However, when we turned on jacuzzi , some dirt came out from jacuzzi jets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gosiaczkowo D
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, and we do appreciate our guests' feedback. I would like to truly apologize about the jacuzzi jets not being completely drained out. Our housekeeping department pays very close attention to cleanliness. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the free wifi. This is one of the reasons we stand out amongst all the other hotels, not having resort fees is a big plus to our guests. I would like to thank you for your business and we hope you come back and stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Jan 2013 for 5 days - perfect!

Huge room with full kitchen, hot tub, outside patio and simply amazing customer service from all who worked there.

Just a block away from The Strip and not a casino itself. You can party hard and come back here to relax and take a dip in the pool up on the roof. Definitely recommended, would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for the great review you gave us. I am happy you enjoyed our property as well as out facilities. Many of our guests simply love the fact that we are a non-gaming hotel for the same reasons you do. I am glad you enjoyed our pool and ourstaff, and we look forward to providing you with the same excellent customer service on your next stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked a room at The Platinum Hotel to hang in Vegas with our family on returning from camping in the Grand Canyon. The rooms are an outstanding value (large, nicely decorated, energy efficient). The people are very helpful and friendly, even to a family covered in red dirt. Pool and restaurant are great. The best thing of all is that it is one block to the strip, and it's not a casino. No getting lost trying to find the elevators, no smoke, no drunk losers at slot machines. Just a lovely hotel, period.

I read some of the other reviews and find some of them a little unrealistic. They don't have self-parking, and the valets are outrageously helpful. The value (we had a princess suite with a washer/dryer in it) is incredible. And it's just a nice place.

I recommend it without reservation (and with a reservation, even better :-))!

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the strip are pretty fun.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderul review. I am glad to hear that your trip to the Grand Canyon was very enjoyable. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, facilities, and our friendly staff. Our guests love the fact that we are a non-gaming and a non-smoking property. Glad your stay with us was a very pleasant and memorable one. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your future visits to Las Vegas.
Brechin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Platinum is a very good alternative to strip hotels. I stayed for a week last week. I chose it as i wanted excerise walking to strip to play poker even tho i had a car. I walked all hours of th day didnt feel unsafe tho ther are a few homeless on the way. I needed a computer to edit a doc, there was no business centre so they let me use front desk computer. Nice touch. One day it was raining they offered to drive me. Always plenty of staff around to open doors get help etc. Only issue plumbing in bathroom was a little noisy after a flush. Didnt bother to complain. Got a deal on priceline. So very satisfied. Doesnt have near the opulance of aria. Bellagio venetian etc but good value if u ok to be .5 mile off strip like a larger space and you like people kissing your butt

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for this great review you gave us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was very helpful and courteous. Our guests love the spacious accommodations and all the amenities and facilities we offer, as well as the outstanding customer service we are used to providing our guests with. We thank you for staying with us and hope you come back in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at the Platinum in November 2011 and came away with slightly mixed feelings, I didn't know how to rate it actually in the end. The apartment was good with really nice facilities and the pool area was fabulous (some of it is inside and all of it is heated).

However, when we arrived I was told that I would have to give over the keys of my hire car as there were no self-parking facilities (this was not made explicit during booking). I argued that I book an apartment as I don't like a fuss & like my independence etc. etc. and don't want to involve someone else if I want to pop out for a pint of milk.

Anyway, to cut a (very) long story short I was able to park my car myself after signing all sorts of papers (???). However the boy I spoke to made it explicitly clear that he was allowing me to park my own car but he was NOT happy about it (I won't mention his name here). This also meant that I didn't feel comfortable in the bar/communal area in case I saw the person who *allowed* me to park my own car or the receptionists who were a witness to this interaction so I felt I had to duck in and out really which was a shame as the bar looked cool.

Unfortunately I would say that this parking thing caused me to have a bad feeling about the whole experience at this hotel - although like I said, it had a lovely swimming pool and was in a good location (just behind Bally's/Flamingo).

Room Tip: Park your own car if you don't like valet parking (maybe I didn't feel comfortable as we don...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Blondie_T
First I would like to apologize for the way you felt about our parking situation. Most of our guests value the services we offer and I am sorry to hear that you did not feel the same way. I understand that some people may feel burderned in this situation especially if one was to pop in and out multiple times in a day. Again, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your business.
Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

You maybe surprised to see that I have rated this average. I will explain why. First for the positives. The hotel has spacious rooms and is reasonably quiet. It has a basic gym and quite good conference facilities. Given that we paid 110 USD a night it was good. Now, you can get better rates at the new Hilton Vacations and it looked much more stylish and its on the strip. If you pay 30 USD more you can stay at one of the classics. In Vegas a hotel with a nice restaurant and a good gym as well as good breakfast facilities is a must. Here the breakfast, even the cooked one was pretty basic. We ate at the breakfast restaurant one morning and they messed up the order twice and the food was not that good in comparison to the price. So, for the hotel to be really good it has to have a good restaurant and a good gym or be centrally located. This had neither I am afraid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to apologize about your experience not being as good as you would have wanted it to be. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Las Vegas and I thank you for your review. We hope you stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year on our first trip to Vegas. I had a tight budget so the prices were in my price range. The only thing about this hotel that may bother some people is that its about one block from the strip. The view from the room was nice. The staff and the valets are friendly so remember to tip!

1 Thank Corporalreed
I would like to thank you for staying with us, and I am happy to hear that you had a great experience during your stay. Thank you for your business and we would love to see you again.