“My favourite hotel in Vegas - I keep coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary
“My favourite hotel in Vegas - I keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Big, beautiful rooms. Superb staff. Exceptional service. Just two blocks from the Strip. It is a such a treat to come back to the peace and quiet of this lovely hotel after being on the Strip. The staff greet you like you are a celebrity - the bartender remembers what you ordered the night before and asks if you want to have the regular. NO RESORT FEES. The Internet is wireless and is free. I love this hotel and will be back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank snowbirdwannabe_11
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I'm so pleased our hotel and staff made such a great impression on you and that you will be one of our treasured repeat visitors.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (956)
  • Hebrew first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and thought it was the best....I did have specific requirements (balcony and non gaming) so my choice was somewhat limited, but very happy I booked at Platinum. It was a short 15 minute walk to the Strip, and it was so nice to return to its quiet environment after the noise and crowds of the Strip.
Liked - the HUGE rooms, the in house dining, the pool area, the friendly lobby staff, free valet parking, the price, the location.
Disliked - the 'business centre' (a waste of space)
Would recommend the Platinum to anyone visiting Vegas who wants a hotel that is a little oacis of calm in the otherwise manic Strip precinct.

Room Tip: Get a strip view princess suite - well worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lesley W
We love that you loved the Platinum.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was less than a mile from the Sands Expo and Convention Center, where the company for whom I work was exhibiting in early November 2012. I drove to Vegas with my six month-old son and my mom, who watched him while I was working. The Platinum Hotel was perfect for the three of us. The bedroom was spacious--large enough to set up a portable crib and still have room to walk between the beds. The living room was comfortable and had a flat-screen television for my mom to watch while the baby was napping. The bathroom had a shower stall and a separate bathtub. For us, the kitchen was the best feature about the room. We asked for pots and pans upon checking in, and we received them within the hour of getting to our room. It was nice to be able to heat up bottles and baby food and cook meals in the room. (There is an Albertsons grocery store very close to the hotel.) This hotel also was appealing to me because it had a non-smoking policy and did not have a casino. The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially the valets. They were always prompt and attentive whenever we needed the car. We had a pleasant stay and I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeanette F
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled you had an excellent stay and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were really pleased with this hotel. I booked by phone and they were willing to price match another website for us and when the price went down later, they price matched that too. Plus, they DO NOT have resort fees. The room was really nice with a separate kitchen, living room and bedroom. The bathroom was awesome. It had a double vanity, a great shower and huge tube. It was great having a balcony to hang out on. The staff was super nice and accomadating with everything we needed. The bar in the lobby had a great happy hour and was nice to hang out in before heading out for the night. It was an easy walk to the strip and we never felt unsafe. My mom and I went to the spa and had a wonderful experience. We got massages, scrubs and wraps for a good price and the ladies in the spa were super. I would definitely recommend it. Our only negative experience was in the restaurant by the pool. It was understaffed and we were quoted one price, but charged another and we're told there was nothing they could do about it. Besides this I would recommend staying at this non-smoking hotel for some peace and quiet off the strip.

Room Tip: Choose a high room with a strip few to enjoy from your balcony.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about us on TA. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and got the chance to use all our amenities.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at The Platinum on Nov 30 2012. I will say that I was more than pleased with everything. The staff was excellent; from valet to the lounge to the front desk to housekeeping. They even helped me with my "suprise" for my significant other. The room was clean and spacious and equipped with everything I needed for the night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I chose this facility over a few others and I am glad a did.

2 Thank goldencld
It's great to get such a wonderful review from one of our locals. We know you have many choices on where to stay in this city and we are thrilled you chose us and we lived up to your expectations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

About a half-mile to the Strip on Flamingo. Enter Strip at Bally's across from the Bellagio fountains. Suites are huge and well-appointed with full kitchen that is well-stocked with cookware and dishes. Clean with great views of the Strip. Staff very attentive and helpful. Parking is free and valet-only.

Not good if you want to gamble in the hotel.

Quiet - Good for us maybe not so good for you.

Room Tip: Choose "Strip view" and high floor.
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank iCloud
Glad you enjoyed our non-gaming, non/smoking, quiet retreat. We are a rare find in Las Vegas.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For the price, location and amenities, I can’t imagine any other place in Vegas surpassing the Platinum.

Location: two blocks off the strip, and quiet. A 7-11 right next store (but if you can, get to a real supermarket if you plan to make meals). The area around the building is not great, but not bad either. We walked around day and night, and never felt threatened. Seedy characters, sure, but you’ll find the same ones on the strip. No casino, which for us was a plus.

Rooms: Full kitchen, huge bed and of course, the reason we chose it, was the Jacuzzi bathtub for two…after a long day on your feet, the best way to end the day. The “strip” view rooms was really not worth the extra money, but if you can get a free upgrade, go for it. I did have some issues with the cleanliness of the room, but one phone call took care of it. HINT: if you are going to cook in the room, make sure you get a full clean set of pots and pans…I get the feeling that many people don’t use the kitchen, so the cookware we were given was very old and had water spots all over. Again, a quick phone call resolved the situation. They do have some foodstuffs for sale in the lobby, but they are very pricey.

Staff: Friendly and helpful on all accounts.

Restaurant: Just had breakfast, which was ok, but the place was very understaffed.

Pool and fitness center: didn’t get to use them, but both looked clean and inviting.

Bar: nice and intimate, but when the hotel is crowded it can get cramped and loud. For a nice quite drink, head over to the Weston, right across the road…where the adults seem to have a cocktail.

Price: Just outstanding for what you receive. I can’t imagine staying anywhere else next time I’m in town.

Really, just a pleasant surprise all around!

Room Tip: Room Tip: The smoke detector is VERY sensitive. Avoid frying bacon if at all possible!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank comfieslippers
Thank you for taking the time to write your very indepth review. We are so pleased we were able to meet or exceed all your expectations.