“FABULOUS - SPACIOUS - CLOSE TO EVERYTHING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
PORT HURON
“FABULOUS - SPACIOUS - CLOSE TO EVERYTHING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Only stayed one night - but will definitely be returning to this Hotel next time. Huge Suites, top of the line kitchen, fireplace and relaxing tub. Balcony with wonderful views. This was a fantastic large suite. Super Clean and comfortable. Walking distance to strip and casinos. The Staff was most helpful. We will stay here in the future.

4 Thank MICHIGANGIRL2010
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We are happy you had a fabulous stay and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Ayrshire Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just returned from a 3 week holiday at the platinum I have travelled a lot and must say this is the first time I feel I need to leave a review....what fantastic staff nothing was of any trouble to them...special thanks to lubna ,John, our housekeeping Monica...this hotel is so relaxing...I would also like to thank Josh,Scott and his 3 legged dog for their consideration.....veronica you are a star ...we are already starting our holiday fund to return . What can I say from our experience I would certainly recommend this hotel to all of our friends we had a great holiday clean,spacious,friendly.....thanks platinum see you all soon .....Margaret Allan Matilda.......

Room Tip: Strip view room 918 was great
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Margaret C
Thank you Margaret for your fantastic review. Our staff will really appreciate your acknowledgements and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip out to LV.
Sunny Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I knew I required non-smoking accommodations for my trip to Vegas and thankfully found the Platinum hotel. The Platinum is a great haven for non-smoking travelers to Las Vegas. In addition to the wonderfully clean air, the hotel offers HUGE, neat and quiet rooms. My room had a nice view of the skyline. We used the on-site restaurant a few times for breakfast and lunch and found the staff very attentive and courteous. The room service was also very good. The guys at the front lobby door were great too and hailed us a couple of cabs. The hotel is centrally located about a block or so away from the main strip and within a short walking distance. Although we did not use the pool, we did check it out and the water was clean and warm. All in all a nice stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank summerleah3
We are happy you found and enjoyed our non-smoking hotel. We appreciate the non-smoking environment also.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was so surprised to find a nice, non smoking hotel without a casino in Las Vegas! The Platinum Hotel is more like a condo than a hotel. The staff were excellent. The waitress in the bar was one of the best that has ever served us. The hotel was booked because it was Thanksgiving, but I would have never guessed it; it definitely didn't feel crowded. I was a bit hesitant about having to valet park, but I absolutely loved it. Very prompt. If you want to avoid cigarette smoke and want a calm atmosphere in the middle of Vegas this is the place to be. My relatives who live in Vegas didn't know about this hotel. I wonder if it was actally built to be a condo complex and someone converted it to a hotel. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Donna H
We are thrilled you had an excellent stay. You touched on a lot of the amenities that make our hotel stand out such as non-smoking/non-gaming, tranquil atmosphere and great service. FYI we were always built to be a condo-hotel.
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here several times now and just love, love, love. Employees are pleasant, knowledgeable, helpful and have MANNERS! Fantastic location and no casino/smoke. Jimmy at front door was sooooo nice and accommodating. We were in a hurry to checkout and get our car and he was right there for us. You can tell he truly "cares". Don't hesitate to stay here, you will love and so much better than just a hotel room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank azjd17
We are so thrilled that you keep coming back and that you appreciate our staff. We work very hard to make everyone's stay excellent!
Jefferson, Ga.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am so glad we use this site! We could not make up our minds about where to stay and having never been to Vegas had no idea where everything was in relation to everything else. I read a review about this hotel and started checking it out. It was almost too good to be true! Good location, a very decent price and a GREAT apt like room. I was totally impressed with the staff and room. Every room is non smoking and has a balcony. It doesn't have a casino but there are plenty of them within walking distance.
Unfortuneately the pool was closed much of the time for a private party one day and then closed the day after it rained for safety reasons. Not enough of a disappointment to change my opinion and say i would stay again. Thanks Trip Advisor and the people that do reviews on here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank girlfriend62
We are so happy you read TA and it helped you decide on the right place to stay. We get many of our guests from this site and we appreciate that we got you too. We are glad you had a wonderful stay.
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Las vegas for 3 nights. It was a good value, with a very large suite. It came with a full kitchen, a living room and a huge bathroom. Staff was friendly and its location just off the strip was nice.

Everything was great except for house keeping. Overall the room was mostly clean, although the cups seem not exactly spotless. I noticed a somewhat large sticky spot on the floor in the kitchen, and on the second day i was staying there before housekeeping got to my room, I informed the front desk of the sticky spot. When I came back in the evening, my room had been cleaned but the sticky spot remained and I had less towels, and some cups had not been washed/replaced. On the day before I checked out, I complained again to the front desk, and also mentioned that the cups were not serviced. When I got back on my last night there, the sticky spot was still there, but my cups had been washed. Overall not a good experience with the housekeeping, as many other things were dirtier than I am used to.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aregma
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
First I must apologize for the housekeeping issues. It is certainly not the service that we want our guests to have during their stay. We want to exceed everyones expectations and obviously we did not accomplish that with your stay. I am happy it was great in every other way though.