“Great hotel and ideal location”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is located off-strip, but really close to it. It's definitely a wise choice for those who wish to be close to the Vegas attractions and stay in a quiet place. The room was actually a large apartment with a separate bedroom and a kitchen. The whole place was clean and had all the amenities one could need. The staff was professional and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank soulhoper
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I followed advice from others and booked here. The hotel management could not have been more accomodating. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the strip. Rent a car; parking here was easy and you are 25 seconds from Koval Street; the back street to the parking lots of the major hotels/casinos (all with free parking). I liked the fact that we could come back to a hotel with a small lobby, nice bar area instead of a mega hotel/city on the strip. No casino, so it is quiet. The rooms were huge and had a great view of the strip. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to a room with 2 queen beds with no extra charge.
3  Thank Carla M

Glad you had a perfect stay and you found out the key to traveling and parking the back roads of the strip!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A very nice hotel located about a block behind Bally's on Flamingo Rd. Great price. Easy walking distance/cheap cab ride to just about anywhere you want to be on the Strip, or easily go the other direction and be on restaurant row with a lot of great dining (chain and independent) options. The hotel was very comfortable--separate bedroom, living room, full sized kitchen and large bathroom. Super clean! Enjoyed the balcony with patio furniture and nice view of the Strip and the rest of Vegas. Stir Lounge has a fantastic happy hour with 50% off cocktails, wine and beer and their small plates. Great place to start the night! Enjoyed the indoor/outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Staff very friendly and responsive. Valet was prompt and courteous. Only concern is the linens--sheets were a little pilled, like your home ones get after they've seen the laundry 50+ times. Towels were occasionally unraveling. Certainly did not impact the enjoyment of our stay, but something the management should probably get on top of sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent review. Sounds like you had a chance to visit all our venues and enjoyed them. We have taken note of the linens.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is the place to be if you want to get away from the noise and cigarette smoke that is a part of most hotels in Vegas! I stayed at another off Strip hotel based on recommendations from friends but trust me...I WILL STAY HERE THE NEXT TIME I AM IN TOWN!

This review is based on my visit to the Well Spa. Here are the reasons to relax at this spa versus the spas on The Strip:

1 - The prices are very reasonable.
2 - Great staff! I was greeted by Steve Owens and he sets the "spa" vibe right away. He is welcoming, friendly and even gives you the correct size slippers without asking for your size!

Sarah gave me an 80 minute Swedish massage. She was so attentive that she ran out of the room and brought back a bottle of eucalyptus drops to help me clear up my sinuses!

Madina gave me the Essential Facial and brow shaping. The products were luscious and I wanted to fall asleep during the massage! In the end, my skin was glowing and my brows were perfect. My only complaint about both services was that the time was too short!

3 - The staff does not rush you. Once I finished my services, I was led to the lounge area where I settled into a recliner, threw a blanket over my legs and read a magazine. I think I could have sat there all day without being disturbed.
4 - Atmosphere - Muted colors, soft lighting, dark wood, cool music, lounge chairs and a soft robe. Do I need to say anything else?
5 - This place is clean!
6 - The hotel is about a five minute walk from The Strip. Furthermore, it was about three blocks from the tram, so you could easily access the entire Strip, hang out late and stumble back to the peace of this hotel.

The Well Spa is a gem and I look forward to staying this hotel the next time I am in Vegas!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ilovespas2012

Thank you for that great review about our spa. Our staff is very good at what they do and it sounds like you had a fantastic spa day.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We liked being a non-smoking and non-casino hotel. It was a short walk from the Strip when we wanted to visit - only 2 blocks, although they are long blocks so it's 15 minutes. The front desk was very friendly and managed to get my friend and I in rooms right next to each other. The rooms were very nice, enjoyed having the full kitchen, especially with microwave.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at the Platinum in September 2012, this was about our 5th visit. It has been a favourite of ours for a while now.

We stayed in a Princess Suite Strip view, we had a good view as usual and also overlooked the pool. I think we were on the 12th floor.

Only issue I noticed (and also read in another review), was the scratchy sheets. We stayed for 7 days and after a few days we had nicer sheets, but unfortunately they changed the bed again and gave us scratchy ones again for the last few days. Minor detail, but should really be fixed. One other minor gripe is that the balcony furniture has never been clean. I always give it a wipe over. That may be the Vegas pollution though!

We booked directly through a contact at the hotel and it was good value.

The good thing about this hotel is that if you have a car you can be out an about, and also get some groceries and drinks for the pool etc. There are some gas stations etc very close by though, but not as cheap as Walmart.

One thing we really like is the happy hour at Stir. 4-8pm, Half price small plates and drinks. Nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesley1974

Thank you for being one of our loyal repeat guests. We certainly appreciate our friends that keep coming back to us and that you take the time to write about it on TA. We look forward to your next return.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Although a bit tired looking, this was a lovely non gaming hotel, just off the strip,but it's only a 15/20 walk away. We had a suite with a large double room, lounge and very spacious bathroom, well equipped kitchen area (nice large fridge with ice maker lovely for the G&T's) and balcony overlooking the pool with fantastic view of Vegas, all the staff were very accommodating and always greeted us with a smile, I would highly recommend a stay at the platinum and would love to return there myself one day :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank doll729

Thank you for the great review and we do hope you get to visit us again sometime.