“Unbelievable everything for Las Vegas and no stinky smoke.”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Unbelievable everything for Las Vegas and no stinky smoke.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have stayed two prior times at the Platinum as well as my last trip for six days starting May 13. Anything you don't want is not here. No hotel in Vegas has ANY of the following , let alone
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
Valet car in 1 - 2 minutes, Bell Hop service in less than 5 minutes.
Utmost in cleanliness everywhere.
Check in less than one minute or immediate on all three visits
Smallest suite is 750 sq feet. Full kitchen with dishwasher. maid will wash dishes if left out.
Best Air Conditioning of any hotel in vegas. TIP: You put your key in the slot inside the room when occupied so the temperature stays where you set it. When you take the key out the energy saver feature sets the room about 10 degrees warmer or cooler to save energy. Ask for an extra key if you want the temperature to stay where you set it,when you are out of the room.
Excellant restaurant with two star prices at a four star hotel. $8.00 for two eggs,toast, breakfast meat and potatoes. I don,t eat the breakfast meat and the substituted fresh fruit cup or cottage cheese; not a little but a full bowl,same as an a la carte fruit cup. They will do anything to satisfy the quest. I had rotator cuff surgury on my shoulder. I needed a round broom handle for my excercise. When I mentioned it at breakfast to the waiter,he himself took care of it. Two minutes later he brought a brand new mop handle. without the mop to my room.
If you want to smoke,this is not the place to stay unless you want to pay $500. cleaning charge. And no smoking means no smoking anywhere inside,including the balcony, or outside the hotel except for one location behind the hotel where the employees smoke.
No drunks bumping into you with cigarettes and booze People tend to go where they feel comfortable.

And in closing I will say the thing I don't want, the most I didn't have in all three visits. That is noise from drunks all hours of the night in the hallways.. I asked two people with cigars ,leaving the hotel, why they stay there. The answer was simple. We like to smoke ,but we don't like the stink of a hotel where people smoke.

I can not say enough about the Platinum.

Robert Zykofsky Leominster Massachusetts

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Only ten dollars more for a strip view. The larger suites at 1200 sq feet hav...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert Z
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review. There is nothing left for me to say, you have said it all. We are thrilled to have you as one of our loyal guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We selected this hotel because we wanted a break from the strip. We had the Princess strip view suite. We could not have chosen a better hotel. The room was spacious with a full kitchen. All employees were pleasant. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kay22_00
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. It will be great to have you back again.
Cambridge,Ma
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at the platinum for a softball tournament. From the first step in I was welcomed with a great staff. Then when I first stepped into my room I was amazed at the spacious living room and huge kitchen. The large bathroom with walk in shower nd large jacuzzi tub was just extra. The 2 comfortable soft beds and large screen tv were very nice as well. It was a large amount of space for such a little price. Being a few blocks from the trip was not a problem at all as it was an easy 15 minute walk. The pool was great with nice large cabana beds and plenty of cushioned chairs ith a pool that is outside but half is inside as well. A great staff and bar will keep you happy with food nd drinks while on the deck. I will defiantly stay here again. The ony downside was the jacuzzi was way to cold.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you had such a great stay with us. We will be thrilled to have you stay with us again the next time you travel to Las Vegas!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Location: we stayed in mid-May. It was 100+ outside. The hotel is half a block away from the nearest entrance to Bally's. Every time we had to walk it was very unpleasant. There also were homeless people sleeping right next to the sidewalk.
We regretted that we did not stay in a hotel on the strip. The advantages (quietness, no smell of smoking) were not worth the dreaded walk.

Very nice rooms. Few people.
Quiet.
Jacuzzi in the suite.
Pillow was too thick - had to sleep without the pillow.

Be careful with your restaurant bill: we were charged for the same breakfast twice. I only discovered it during the checkout, while our cab to the airport was waiting.
My advice: don't charge restaurant on the room.
My daughter ordered cocktail while being in the pool. The waitress asked her ID (which was in the room). Then she brought cocktail without alcohol, without telling my daughter.
Tip: walk to the beginning of the Bally's building, enter the first door, than walk inside towards the strip, enjoying AC.
Also, in the basement of Bally's, check out water massage: 15 minutes for $25.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank isobretatel
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. The walk can be a longer walk for some people especially during our 100 degree days.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We selected the Platinum for our reception based on a recommendation from a friend. The view of the Strip from the Misora room is incredible and the pricing is reasonable. The food was delicious. The staff was friendly and accommodating throughout the entire planning process, including the reception day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CandLO
We are very pleased we were able to give you an amazing wedding reception. Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.
toronto
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at the Platinum for 4 days during a business conference.
Check in was quick but my room was not available until 2pm.
I got a basic room. For a basic room, it was a beautiful suite facing away from the strip on the 17th floor.
Large kitchen fully appointed which I didn't use. Nice balcony.
Beautiful bathroom with Jacuzzi. Very confortable bed. 2 TVs. Large living room. Quiet hotel. 10 minute walk to Las Vegas blvd. $10 cab ride to the venetian convention centre. 5 minute walk to the monorail ($5 monorail cost 1 way).
I used the breakfast room service a couple of times and it was very fast.
Internet access was provided free (wireless and wired).
I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet, nice property without the noise of a casino. Check-in and check-out was a breeze.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vie_voyage
Thank you for your great review. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Platinum Suites offers the best of both worlds - close to the famous Las Vegas strip and the large hotels and casinos which are walking distance away but far enough away to find peace and quiet. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the hotel offers a number of facilities such as swimming pool and gym to ensure a full day and burn the calories. After a hard days work the hotel bar is a popular meeting place. There is a good standard restaurant for both breakfast or evening dinner. Lastly but importantly the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Whilst the breakfasts are excellent on busy days it can take a while to be served. If you are on bus...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard B
We are happy you were able to enjoy the peace and quiet that our hotel strives to attain for all our guests.