“Business owners.. beware... NOT A PLATINUM EXPERIENCE AT ALL!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 10, 2008

On a recent trip to platinum suites, I was VERY disappointed. I sent this letter to the general manager Peter Rockwood, and got a reply from someone completely different. The best thing they offered me to compensate my troubles was a complimentary upgrade to a Princess Suite? Very unprofessional. At least an apology from the person I sent the letter to! BEWARE of this place, and if you do stay here, DON'T PUT UP WITH CRAP!!! >>>>>>>

I stayed with your establishment on from Dec 30, 2007- Jan 1, 2008 in a Marquis Suite. I own a graphic design company and I had invited some of my clients to spend the new year in Las Vegas, as well as talk business. I would have checked in myself but my flight had been delayed so I told my clients to go ahead and check in to the hotel. They had been waiting for me to arrive and I did not want them to be inconvenienced by my tardiness. I mentioned that they would probably have to give the hotel a credit card but I assured them that there would be no charges. I told them once I arrived I would place my card on the account.

One of your staff members, Jason, checked in my clients and from what they tell me, he was extremely condescending, unwelcoming, and had an attitude of superiority. Jason made my clients feel uncomfortable and unhappy when I had promised them a weekend of relaxation. Jason's behavior was uncalled for, he did not apologize for his behavior and no resolution was made. For a hotel that prides themselves on relaxation and hospitality I am very angry that my clients were subjected to this kind of treatment.

Futhermore, I was promised a twin rollaway bed would be waiting for me in the room when I checked in and no such bed was there. I called the front desk that day FIVE times and each time they said "we will take care of that right away." I waited and waited for the rollaway bed to arrive and no such thing happened. I called again at 4AM to mention that I was still waiting on the rollaway bed and was given the runaround. I wasted an entire day for that bed which never arrived. If there had been no available rollaway beds, why keep me waiting? I finally received the rollaway bed the next morning. This is unacceptable.

Futhermore, the room itself was not in good condition. There was burnt out light bulbs in the guest rooms and the alarm clocks kept losing power so we could never find out the correct time. An engineer had to come and fix this problem but the alarm clocks still went off and on. Normally, I would overlook this as being a minor issue but compounded with all issues I was faced with when I arrived I am not as forgiving.

Today I received a call from my client mentioning that he had been charged for the room and he was extremely upset. I am angry because I specifically asked the front desk to not charge anything to his credit card. This does not reflect well on my business and my clients are not pleased with the hotel which I had chosen. I am troubled that this experience may have cost me their business. He mentioned to me about the unhospitable front desk - specifically Jason, and requested that I mention his behavior to the general manager of the hotel.

This is my first time staying with Platinum Hotel and I am disappointed with the outcome. I arrived to issues with the mix up on the reservation rates, Jason with his air of superiority over my clients, waiting for a rollaway bed that never arrived until the following day, burnt out light bulbs, alarm clocks which kept losing power, and charging my client when I specifically requested for all the charges to be placed on my credit card.

I was going to overlook these unfortunate experiences due to the fact of the busy new years eve weekend, however, the final straw was the charging of my client. I am going to be very cautious about returning to your hotel the next time I visit Las Vegas. I hope you will do your best to remedy these complaints.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
13  Thank Geri C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed January 9, 2008

We chose this one as we had young children and didn't want to stay in a casino/hotel. The apartment was huge! the kids loved the plasma TV, pool, spa and the huge beds. We also liked the fact that it had a dishwasher and the laundry facilities. The only downside was the lack of kitchen utensils such as pans, trays for the oven and dishes. The location was about a 10 minute walk from the strip and if hot would recommend cutting through Bally's and the moving walkway.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank benny73
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We stayed at the Platinum for 11 days, for Christmas and New Year. A Solitaire room with a balcony giving us a strip view from Mandalay Bay to the Palazzo!- Very handy for the New Years Firework display.

The room was great, tvs in the lounge and bedroom, whirlpool bath and shower, coffee maker in the kitchen, iron, big american fridge.

Its a 8 minute walk to the strip and its good to get away. There are handy shops within a 2 minute walk to stock up the kitchen but no pots or pans are provided. But lets face it, its cheaper to eat out in America! When we mentioned where we were staying to locals, it had a good reputation.

Valet parking is provided, which can be busy in the mornings if alot of people are checking out- but really we had no complaints about the hotel. Highly recommended, believe these reviews, stay off strip to keep your sanity and enjoy your own condo!

David

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank merseydave
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Highly influenced by Trip Advisor’s rating of The Platinum, we booked for our 10th wedding anniversary in late December 2007. Upon arrival, the valet helped us empty the contents of our trunk onto a bell cart and whisked our car away to the valet-only car park. The hotel lobby is straightforward with a plush bar/coffee area (depending on time of day). Staff congratulated us on our anniversary and upgraded our room to the 16th floor.

The room is just enormous, as large as the first house we lived in 10 years ago! Views of the strip were fantastic from the generous balcony. We didn't make full use of the kitchen - it had a full-size stove and fridge - because room service was so affordable (about $9/pp for a delicious breakfast) and fast.

The walk to the strip was about 10 minutes, which was uncomfortable in the cold and wind. However, we ducked into the back of Bally’s about 3 minutes away and walked the remainder in the warm, but smoke-filled casino floor. We drove to shows at the Venetian and Wynn, both about 5-10 minutes away by car.

The jetted whirlpool tub was heavenly, as was the comfortable bed. One note of advice though, fill the tub up all the way before starting the jets or you’ll have water spraying all over the place! We were in the room so much that we missed housekeeping one day, but a staff member came by at about 5pm and offered housekeeping service. Although we didn’t accept, the thoroughness was impressive.

The only uncomfortable aspect of the stay were the police sirens throughout the night (a few blocks away but distracting nonetheless), and construction noises from a former gas station below our window starting at about 7am. These distractions didn’t detract from the stay though, we’ll be back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Schradey
Reviewed December 26, 2007

This hotel was great. We had no problems at all. We were upgraded without asking. We had gorgeous views of the strip. The walk to the strip is not bad at all. The spa was great!! Very relaxing. The hotel staff were always helpful and pleasant. The room was gorgeous. Plasma TV, fireplace, the jetted tub was great! I researched for a long time before going to Vegas and for the price this was the best hotel. I loved the fact of having a full kitchen so to save a few bucks for gambling we just went to the hotel next door a bought a few large pizzas to keep in the fridge for late night munchies. The hotel behind the Platinum (forget the name) had a great restuarant that was reasonably priced for dinner and breakfast. The servings were huge!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank beckielynn
Reviewed December 20, 2007

We stayed here during Thanksgiving throughout the weekend November 22 thru November 26. I must agree that this is one of the finest business hotels just off the strip. The service and the staff were very nice, mainly the concierge "Gita" was exceptional and extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.

The facilities were 5 star, the overall look and feel was the perfect. However, the food at the restaurant was mediocre. A table next to us sent their food back because it was delivered cold but the decor of the restaurant was wonderful. Our waiter was very nice and did everything he could to make us happy.

The heated pool on the restaurant level (5th floor) is nice and has an excellent view of several hotels on the strip. The hotel has a wonderful workout facility with state of the art equipment, add the "exceptional" spa, where one can escape life's stress, relax, and be treated at the first class spa like a queen or king and you have the perfect combination for a great stay.

The rooms are all suites that are spacious and extremely comfortable with upgraded amenities. I will definitely stay here when I am in Vegas again and will also let my friends know about this gem of a hotel. The only draw back is that the internet is not free and somewhat costly here.

Overall, one of the best hotels for the price that is slot machines free and NO smoking allowed in the building. These were huge selling point for us when making our decision of where to stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank well2do65
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I have just stayed at the finest business hotel on the strip. The service and the stafff were exceptional, the facilites were 5 star, the room was the perfect haven to conduct business and to relax, the spa was excellent and the food at the restaurant was wonderful as well. Add to that the outstanding outdoor pool and spa on the fifth floor and the workout facility, and you have the perfect combination for a great stay. Did I mention that the room was 1,083 square feet? Amazing. I will definitely stay here when I am in Vegas and will also let my friends know about this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business