“Great Place To Stay in Vegas!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 10, 2007

Very nice hotel. Huge rooms with full size kitchens with stainless steel appliances and dishes. Coffee maker! Most hotels on the strip don't have coffee makers, they want you to go into the casino to get your coffee. Bathrooms include a giant jacuzzi tub with seperate shower stall. If you are travelling on business, stay here. The bar - Stir - has great drinks. Room service is very good and fast. Rooms are new as of 2007 so the beds are new and very comfortable. Views of the strip are awesom as well. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I would definately stay here again and have already reccommended it to friends who travel here frequently. Short cab ride to the strip.Very elegant feel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chaunceysmom
Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed December 9, 2007

Lots of good things to write about this hotel that is just off the strip.
1) A good atmosphere if you are looking for a hotel just off the strip-- not in the hustle and bustle of things, but everything is still walking distance
2) great fitness area/spa-- i used the sauna for free after my workout, it was wonderful
3) the rooms are amazing. huge, full kitchens, balconies, even washers and dryers
4) Nice place for lunch with reasonable prices

The problems that my friends and I had were the lack of service-- it doesn't match the great facility.
1) Our room did not have very hot water in the shower and nobody seemed to care much when we told them
2) Watch out for hidden fees-- they charged us $50 extra per person when they found out we had more than 2 people in the room
3) Cabs can be a little difficult to get during busy times-- the valet guys try hard, but during mid afternoon, cold days, and at night give yourself plenty of time

The postives far outweigh the negative! Enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank adventure523
Reviewed December 7, 2007

I loved the hotel. The rooms were amazing and at a great price. Everything was brand new, and nice. I've never stayed anywhere I liked more for less than $120/night like I did here.
The only qualm is of course the location. It's billed as off-strip, which it certainly is. I wish it was a block closer as it was about 3/4 miles just to get to the strip. Oh well, other than that it was great.
Can't complain about anything at all.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kueric09
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed one night at this hotel in the beginning of November and could not have been happier. Our suite was amazing, everything you would need. We were part of a wedding party and were given a great rate for a Sat. night.(Nov. 10) The pool was great as well as the food we had for lunch while at the pool. Wish we had stayed longer as there was no way our room at our other stay could match this one. Anyway I'll know where to stay next time. Oh and the jacuzzi was amazing as well!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmccluskey2121
Reviewed November 24, 2007

My boyfriend and I spent our 6th anniversary at this establishment from Nov. 4th-Nov. 8th. We loved every second we spent in our hotel!
-Booked our room through their website (it was easy and I experienced no problems). I gave them a call to let them know I was a AAA member and I received a discount.
-We had no problems checking in.
-The staff was so friendly! They all treated us very well!
-The suite was fantastic, it felt like home to us (be sure to bring pots and pans if you're planning on cooking because those are the only things the hotel doesn't provide).
-Every room in the suite was clean. The bathtub was huge!
-Valet parking was free and we had no problems with it.
-Because my boyfriend and I didn't want to walk to the strip, driving to the strip was a slight inconvenience (5-10 min commute).
-The only bad thing: the suite was so cozy that it was really hard for us to leave the room.
-I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jen_rem
Reviewed November 20, 2007

We chose the Platinum for a couple of reasons - we wanted the privacy of a suite as two individuals and the tranquility of somewhere to retreat from the bustle of the strip hotels. We were delighted by our decision.

The room

Fabulous. Jacuzzi tub. Huge fridge. Great strip views. Spotlessly clean and tasteful.

The people

Superb service from the concierge and the bellmen.

The food

We had breakfast which was superior. A la carte but good value.

The pool

Smart surroundings - great pool.

Need I say any more. I'm from the UK otherwise I'd be tempted to keep this one to myself.

Congratulations on this great alternative option off strip.

P.S. We walked to New York in 30 minutes, Paris in 10. Taxis are an easy option once your feet get too hot!

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank FozzieForever
Reviewed November 14, 2007

From the day it opened, I was determined to try the Platinum. I read all the reviews and decided this is the place I would splurge on to celebrate Mom's brithday. I got some great rates on Expedia by booking about 2 months in advance. I paid $119 and $159 for Thursday and Friday of Veterans day weekend. What a deal!
And so we set off the for the Platinum with high hopes. By and large they were all met and even exceeded. The unit was delightfully spacious. We were on the 11th floor with a view to the east. The decor is contemporary and sleek. The kitchen is finer than anything I have at home. The bathroom was almost as big as a standard room. The Jacuzzi was a pleasure and the water preasure was exceptional, no water saver showeheads here. It was a treat to sit on the balcony and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. The units are very soundproof. One night walking down the hall our nieghbors across the hall were blasting their Bose system. As soon as I closed our door you could not hear their tunes. The staff were very professional. In particular the valet parkers were so friendly and efficient. I never waited more than 3 minutes for the car. THREE CHEERS!
But there were a few boos. The desk lamp was broken. 3:00 PM rolled around and housekeeping had not shown up. I had to call and request the room to be made up. There is a good size closet in the bedroom, but the door is barely a foot wide, making the closet very inconvenient to use. There is a safe on the shelf in the closet, but the nearest light is about 20 feet away. I literally had to use my cell phone for light to see what I was doing. (a poor design). The unit was spotlessly clean, with one notable exception. The exhaust fan it the bathroom is in the ceiling in the center of the room. The vent cover looked like a dust farm with a few prize winning dust bunnies that were ready for harvest. The most problematic part of the room is the air conditioner. First of all it is noisy, so much so I had to raise the volume on the TV when the unit kicked on. That is the second problem, the unit does not remain on. It periodically turns on when cool air is needed. It sends out waves of icy air for a few minutes and then shuts off. The air is not circulated until it goes on again. I found the bedroom to be either freezing or stuffy and warm. It seems like an energy saver kind of unit that is found in an Econo-Lodge. This was the only major flaw in the room.
In spite of that I will look for the opportunity to stay there again. The space and luxury make for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: November 2007