“Love The Marquis Suite”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We got one of two rooms in the entire Hotel. The Marquis Suite!!! This place had everything you need. Two rooms, two bathrooms, balcony etc. They had a security in the elevator so you knew you were safe!! The plasma tvs were really awsome!! It was the perfect room for my friends birthday weekend!! I couldn't give it 5 stars because it was not on the strip. On this trip we didnt go to many casinos, since it was not a walkable distance. Other than that this place is better then half the hotels on trhe strip. I would defenetly stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank er9804
Write a ReviewReviews (3,817)

Reviewed October 24, 2007

If you don't like Las Vegas (noise, smoke, crowds), this place is for you! It's a condo hotel so the accomodations are fantastic (I stayed in a small 1-bedroom for $129/night) and the Platinum is just a block from the acion. But there are some kinks:

1) Housekeeping. My in-room coffee cup was replaced but the coffee pot was not cleaned and the coffee packets not replaced. I also did not have my bottled water replenished.

2) Reataurant. I literally had to walk into the kitchen to find the hostess one morning to seat me at 6 after the open. The next morning, the place was locked up at and I had to get the front desk manager to call upstairs. Not great if you're attending a meeting like I was and need to eat early.

3) Fitness room. I got up early to use the very nice facility. Despite the fact there was an attendant, I had to search for a fresh set of headsets. All those in place were used and nobody form the hotel had checked.

I will go back to the Platinum but some upgrades are needed to make the name synonimous with the service.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank spinmeister
Reviewed October 22, 2007

My wife and I stayed at The Platinum for 3 nights in early October.This was our first time in Las Vegas,and the recommendations to avoid booking accomodation on ` The Strip ` proved to be well founded !! The Platinum is one block off the centre of the strip.It takes no more than a five minute walk to the front of The Bellagio,Caesars Palace or Ballys.We booked a one bedroomed suite which for two people was more than adequate.The suite had a full kitchen , Whirlpool / spa bath, lounge / living room ,two LCD televisions and a balcony with the most stunning view of Las Vegas you could imagine.(we were on the 16th floor !)
The staff from the front desk ,the car valet guys and the restaurant and bar staff were exceptional .Nothing was to much trouble, even to rhe extent of a waiter coming to our room to open a bottle of wine for us as the cutlery tray was missing a corkscrew.
The pool area is on the fifth floor and after some serious sightseeing and shopping it was a relaxing area to unwind at the end of the day,before hitting the nightlife of `Sin City`.The sunbeds were fully matressed,with a further selection of other reclining chairs and sofas on which to enjoy a drink from the discreet poolside bar.
The restaurant stands comparison with most four star hotels.The food is excellent and seriously well presented but be prepared to pay that bit more for it along with the service.
The bar staff were absolutely brilliant not only at creating some wonderful cocktails but giving us the inside information of how to have fun in Vegas.
Overall I cannot rate this place highly enough.It may be a block off the strip but is actually closer than if you were staying in the further reaches of somewhere like Caesars Palace or The MGM Grand,

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Golfing_Robinsons
Reviewed October 22, 2007

The reviews here were great .... the experience was even better! The rooms are spacious, the views are very nice and the staff was exceptional. The lack of a casino was a plus ... the facility was quiet and the air was clean. It is located about .7 miles from the strip and convenient to the monorail. And, the rates are reasonable and certainly a value for ones $.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drewaz
Reviewed October 10, 2007

One minor thing I'd suggest up front if you stay here and you sleep lightly -- try to get a room that doesn't face Flamingo Ave. The windows are double-paned, but even from the 9th floor, ambulances and "loud pipes" did wake me up a few times the first night.

I never would have considered this off-the-strip hotel if not for its rating here on TripAdvisor, and boy am I glad we checked with TripAdvisor, because this was the best hotel I've stayed in for this price (and for considerably more).

First, it's a suites-only timeshare. Before you stop reading, this is not a sales-pitch for a free stay kind of time share -- the units are already owned, and they're rented out like a regular hotel. Except the rooms are very spacious, they have full-size refrigerators, a small dishwasher (which housekeeping runs for you if you use any dishes), real hair dryers and irons... almost like home. We stayed in the smallest of their suites, the Solitaire. It was quite ample for me, my wife, and our four-year-old son, who slept on the pull-out sofa. You can check out the Solitair floorplan on the Platinum's Web site [---]
The staff is the friendliest I've experienced, and the on-site restaurant is excellent. We arrived Sunday night about 12 hours ahead of our bags, so when we showed up at the restaurants in rumpled clothing (me in a Tee Shirt), I didn't expect to be greeted with smiles and the most gracious and friendly service of our whole stay in Vegas. The food was marvelous, and we took our "doggie bags" upstairs to the fridge for a late-night snack.

The hotel is very close the the strip, but given the crazy Vegas traffic I was glad we had the rental car so we didn't have to manage crossing the intersections on foot. The hotel has valet-only parking, but they were always quick and courteous.

Anyway, we had a marvelous vacation and it was in no small part due to the Platinum and its great staff.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mandor
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Pros - The room was HUGE and awesome (see photos). Separate bedroom, pullout sofa, full kitchen and a whirlpool tub with separate shower, balcony, "fireplace" (not real fire but still nice), and even a washer and dryer. It was nicer than my house! In fact they will sell you suite as condo. The concierge was always helpful and housing keeping was great. We also never had any problem with the valet even when it got a little crowded.

Cons - It is not on the strip and it really isn't within walking distance (well, we always drove).

Also my friend (who paid for the room) was harassed. There was a private party at the pool one night so they had people at the elevators in the lobby directing everyone. I came through and didn't show them a room key and the guy even push the elevator button for me. My other two friends didn't have any problems at all. Then the last of my friends showed up at the door with one of the employees from the hotel (not the same one I saw at the elevator) and asked if we could vouch for him since he didn't have a keycard (he had given them to us so we could get in the room ahead of him). We said yes but the man was very rude (I should have gotten his name) and came off as totally racist.

Then they charged us a different rate than we reserved the room for. My friend is still trying to sort that out.

Also just so you know, the PDF layout of the room on there website also shows a loveseat in the bedroom but we just got a chair (it wasn't that big of a deal to us).

I really wanted to like this hotel and loved the room but we probably won't be back because of the cons and that is just to bad.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank hlpepper
Reviewed October 2, 2007

The Platinum Hotel delivers a spa-like atmosphere and a focus on comfort and well being. It is still within walking distance of your strip nightlife and gaming, but allows travelers to escape to spacious guestrooms with shower and jetted tubs, spa toiletries, luxury linens, fully equipped kitchens and an indoor/outdoor pool with sundeck overlooking the strip. Get a room on the spa/fitness facility floor for a convienent workout!

Stayed: September 2007